All member reviews for Small Town Girl

Idol gets down with happy country chirp.

Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl May 26, 2010

I See Where the Title Comes From

I have found my rythym. Every time I review an album, I think, I'll review every song by itself, one by one. This idea was inspired by my two compliments on my Tayor Swift review. *brag, brag* Let's start at the beginning. To avoid plagiarism (I like trying new things), I'll tell you that I stole that line from somewhere but I don't remember where. Sorry. - (1) Red High Heels: This is Kellie's signature song so I'll explain it to the three country fans who don't know what it's about. It's a song about a girl, when I say girl I mean teenage girl, who wants to make her ex-boyfriend jealous by going out with this boy who's always had a crush on her. (2) Gotta Keep Moving: I can't wait to see you when I get home. That's it! (3) Things That Never Cross a Man's Mind: This song's a little creepy. I guess it's supposed to be that way. This song is about how guys never stop drinking, want to cuddle or "make love", or feel like they're "fixing to start" which is a reference to periods. Girls know what I'm talking about. (4) Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You: The title is so long, I think it says it all by itself. (5) I Wonder: The sad but true story of Kellie's life. When she was a little girl, her mother abandoned her and Kellie wrote a song about it. The recent news is that, now that she's rich and famous, her mother has returned, begging for forgiveness. Kellie refuses. Go, Kellie! I'm with you all the way. (6) Small Town Girl: "I'm just a small town girl, hey, and that's all right with me." Pretty much sums up the whole song. (7) Wild Ponies: I resent this song. It's about some girl who, against her friends' warnings, hooks up with this guy she thinks is cute. He physically abuses her and goes to church to pretty much trick her into thinking he's a good guy. The ending is debatable. Some people think the girl got tired of the guy and drove off. My interpretation of the lyrics says she commited suicide. Either way, I don't like it. It's too sad for my taste. (8) Girls Like Me: Ah, the good old days... (9) I'm On My Way: "I'm nothing yet, but I know I'm on my way." Yet another self-explanatory lyric. (10) One of the Guys: My kind of song. A song about girls who love doing guy things, a.k.a. tomboys. It's always fun to pass the pigskin with painted nails. I'm a tomboy, too. I dare you to find me anywhere (besides church) without blue jeans. (11) My Angel: A song about Kellie's deceased grandmother, her best friend. It makes me want to cry. - Well, that's the whole album. Hope I could be of use. Please drop off your compliments on the way out. Have a nice day.

wow i loved it

well i watch it a lot so i realy know what its like so i wold advise pepole to turn on your tv
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 15, 2012

small town girl

consider the fact that you don't have to hit your audience over the head to get a point across. Families can talk about the ways in which Pickler uses her voice on this album. Should she stick to the kinds of songs she performs well, or is it brave and cool that she tries her hand at ballads that are currently beyond her vocal and dramatic abilities?
Teen, 13 years old Written byHilly September 22, 2009

This Rocks!

Really? What COULD Kellie do wrong?
Kid, 11 years old September 20, 2009

Pretty Good

This album is very good. It sounds great, and the songs are beautiful, nothing bad at all. =] Thumbs up for Kellie.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

luv this album
Teen, 14 years old Written bySoccerGal April 9, 2008

If anyone watched American Idol like I did, and LOVED Kelli PICKLER, as much as I did.. then, YOU NEED THIS ALBUM. I got it the day it came out! She does not say anything bad, I mean, she is a very clean cut, and no where near the bad look or anything. Anyways, this is a great album for all ages, and i recommend getting it cause it is a great deal for the amount you pay. :D
Adult Written byPSEVERT April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybjkoslin April 9, 2008

Great Voice...

At first I was alittle hesistant. because im not a huge AI fan.. but Kellie had a song i could totally relate to.. "I wonder" Deals with an absentee Mother (not father) but i guess it could work with either. Finally someone wrote a song that felt the way i did!! So I downloaded the song and i love it. i think shes adorable and i wish her only the best in life!! Go Kellie!!
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

fun music i put it on at full blast and sing along! everyone should have this CD!!! i give it a 2 thumbs up!!!