All teen and kid member reviews for "Some Nights" (CD Single)

Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2014

Some Nights.....

Ok for kids but there are some sexual references in every song in this album same with the word hell is used 1time in each song and drug content in all the songs but still 2explicit songs like in Some Nights (Intro) 1 use of s--t and 1 use of b---h and in Some Nights 1use of f--k s--t and b---h
Teen, 17 years old Written byrebma97 April 11, 2014

Insanely catchy song

"Some Nights" is an incredibly catchy song that I just can't help but dance to. The music is extremely upbeat and Nate has amazing vocals and harmonizing abilities. The problem with this song is the mixed messages. Like the main review states, it goes from discussing self-discovery to reckless behavior. Sex: One line goes, "I found a martyr in my bed tonight / She stops my bones from wondering just who I am." Language: The "F" word is used once ("Who the f--k wants to die alone?") but the edited version takes it out.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

Very good

A great album, in the top 40 last year!
Kid, 10 years old September 22, 2013

df

very good but with some language and lyric problems. Only one cuss word but not even noticable
Kid, 10 years old September 9, 2013

One f*ck

One lyric: "Who the f*ck wants to die alone all dried up in the desert sun?"
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2013

Good song but buy the clean version.

This song is nice and is mostly is about a man not sure of what he is and trying to find himself. This is something that many people will eventually go through, so it's definitely relatable. Once, the f word is used. I don't think it's that noticeable (just my opinion) but I would suggest buying the clean version that's currently available.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. March 9, 2013

Great music

It says the F word once
Teen, 14 years old Written byIsabel14 March 6, 2013

Sick of this song

I don't like this song. They play it on tv and the radio too much
Kid, 9 years old January 13, 2013

Good and Offesive Song

It's a good song but includes the word f***.The bad words are luckily censored on radio.
Teen, 16 years old Written byxaltrockgirlx January 11, 2013

Not given enough credit here...

I actually really like this song (I like fun. in general, and have their album, but think this is some of the best) so I don't understand why this review kind of just brushes them off as just adequete. Considering the fact that they're a lot more creative and experimental than most of what's out on the radio, that they sound excellent and passionate, isn't that what should qualify for a four-star review at least? I've seen four-star reviews for Disney Channel songs on this site. Sorry, I just don't agree with CSM on this one. Now that I got that out of the way... yes, there is one f-bomb, but I hardly noticed it, and in fact I had to look up the lyric sheet to realize that's what they say (I'm a little hard-for-hearing music-lyric-wise). And the reference a "martyr in [his] bed tonight," most young kids probably won't know what that means. As for the messages, I don't really see how this could be negative. Yeah, there is a line that asks "why don't we break the rules already?" but breaking the rules can mean... just being creative, like breaking the confines of what today's pop is supposed to be. If you look at the message of the song as a whole, I see it as trying to move on from grief as a young adult. This is one I'd give a second listen. And a third, and a fourth...
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2012

13 and up

one of the bands line is about getting high. f**k is used frequently and s**t is also used
Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2012

My Fav. Song

This song has inspired my friends and me. Although there is the F-word, it has a positive message that helps young adults/ tweens (specifically middle schoolers/ highschoolers).
Teen, 13 years old Written bysash99 December 8, 2012

Awesome song, weird video...

AWESOME song, but the video is weird and violent.
Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2012

Best Song EVA

I love this song!!! It's my new favorite song but I don't really like the autotune part at the end of it. So awesome!
Kid, 11 years old September 4, 2012

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SONG

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best song ever! It may have the f-bomb, but this song is great for kids. Its my second favorite song. The music video is violent as it features war and has people shooting guns and killing and a person kills his own uncle but the song is great. They don't have a clean version, but I just listen to the clean version on YouTube but when i don't have internet i have to listen to the word. Get this song!!!! Fun. is AWESOME!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus August 25, 2012

Love it!

Fun is amazing! Great song. Possibly my favorite Fun song. One use of "f-ck" but other than that it's clean. The music video (being a battle scene) is a little violent, too.