Parent reviews for Speak Now

Teen country queen grows up but still keeps it clean.

Parent Written byMomma K. June 27, 2017

Clean album with no explicit lyrics or sex

Taylor Swift Speak Now is an excellent album for tweens and teens,it's great for introducing kids to country music, but the songs are still very pop. The best track on the album is Mean, it is about bullying which a lot of kids can relate to.

Adult Written byNathan D. July 13, 2014

Taylor Swift told her fans to Speak Now and buy ths CD

Taylor Swift aka the sweetheart of Country Music does it again and the CD is age approved once again but this time and yes there is couple lines on this CD but a couple of Songs the tune are the first track Mine has the line "There's a drawer of things at your place" the 2nd Track sparks fly says "Kiss me on the sidewalk" in the chorus and the other two tracks that need to be aware is the song "mean" One of the best ones I say I've ever heard. in this song and anyways her saying you with your words like knifes and swords and weapons you use against me" but she's comparing how bad her feeling are hurt, "You can take me down with just one single blow" she saying you can push me to the ground but you can't cause i'm a girl. The last two I want to make aware about this song is she uses a reference to the laughing and saying she a terrible singer in a bar and the line goes like this I can see you years from now in a bar,Talking over a football game,With that same big loud opinion but,Nobody's listening,Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things, Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing.\' She use some name calling by sayin they're a liar and pathetic and a lone in life and mean so pretty much Mean is a stand up against bullying song. The other song is Better than Revenge and in the chorus she says "she's better known for the things that she does On the mattress' and the final song is Last Kiss and pretty much it talking how she misses her ex boyfriend saying "Never thought we'd have our last kiss" so no big deal Last kiss just talks about sharing a kiss and the rest of the tunes are good even on the deluxe edition is good too
Parent of a 1, 3, 4, 6, 6, and 12-year-old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 June 23, 2013

Fine for adults.

While this album has positive messages, I dont recommend it for kids due to violence, sexy stuff and language.

Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox June 29, 2011

Good Disc

Mine - ages 11+, Sparks Fly - ages 8+, back to December - ages 8+, Speak Now - All Ages, Dear John - ages 10+, Mean - all ages, The Story of Us - Ages 6+, Never Grow Up - All Ages, Enchanted - Ages 8+, Better Than Revenge - Ages 13 (BAD MESSAGE AND SEXUAL REFRANCE), Haunted - 12+, Last Kiss - 10+, Long Live - 11+, .....This is a good disc and taylor is positive and sets out a message about moving on and loving you.

Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

Great album as always!

I love that my kids listen to Taylor Swift! Catchy and clean as always!
Parent of a 5 and 6-year-old Written bybirdsbride May 7, 2011

Love this CD

I listen to this with my kids and they love it. Only "blemish" for the younger audience is some of the references in "Better than Revenge".

Overall, the positive messages and the talent (for my family anyways) outweigh the "iffy-ness" of that one song.

Adult Written byjorgeal95 February 1, 2011

Cute, loveable Swift album, almost better than the previous!

Taylor Swift is simply the best! VERY great album! I'm hearing it now as we speak, and I simply cannot get enough out of it. Very cute messages, a lot of songs about love. Very understandable, but very catchy tunes. I can't complain about anything. Good album.

Adult Written bybailey.b.321 January 19, 2011

Great for tweens and teens!

Taylor Swift is a very responsible, one of the most responsible celebrities. Unlike Myley Cyrus and Linsay Lohan. This CD has to be her best yet!