Kid reviews for Speak Now

Teen country queen grows up but still keeps it clean.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySneek November 8, 2019

Taylor Swift

Taylor swift is amazing singer and great person she loves her fans. Her songs are 6 and up she doesn’t swear at all.

Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2015

FAVORITE ALBUM

I love Speak Now. Speak Now is magical. I went to this concert. It was amazing. I felt like I was in a fairytale. Not only are the vocals amazing, but it makes me feel like a princess. It's in between her two first albums and her two most recent. Being a long-time fan of Taylor's I can safely say that this is the best album.

Kid, 11 years old February 14, 2015

I heart Taylor Swift

I love Taylor Swift and this album isn't my all time favorite album but it's still good.CSM is a bit high for this review so I would let an eight year old listen to it.Mean,ours,if this was a movie,and innocent all have positive stuff in the lyrics and better then revenge as one sex line.But otherwise it's a great album for eight year olds that are mature enough.

Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2014

A strong female artist!

Although her songs are mostly break up and love songs, I would say her music is aimed at 9 and up. Enchanting lyrics makes the music a pleasure to listen to. I think that she adds wonderful guitar solos to her music, which makes her sound all the more devoted to her music. The one iffy bit in the whole album would be the reference to sex in 'Better than revenge' although, as a kid, it flew right above my head. Taylor Swift never swears, as she is aware of her younger audience. Her music does not affect children for the worse, therefor, by a general rule, can be played in a normal household without any pa-lava about inappropriateness. Thanks for reading,
Gothilocks

Teen, 13 years old Written byWhoknowsbest April 18, 2014

Review

This album contains no swearing whatsoever. So far, all Taylor Swift songs are clean besides the original "Picture to Burn", the original "Teardrops on my Guitar", and "The Lucky One". This album does not contain any of the songs listed. This third Taylor Swift album is getting more mature, but still clean. Good choice for ages 9-13.

Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2013

And I Said, Speak Now! ;)

I am a HUGE Taylor Swift fan!! Her songs are beautiful and meaningful, with a lot of positive role models. She never uses inappropriate language, apart from a certain line in Better Than Revenge which is not suitable for little kids, though, of course, they won't understand it. That said, the only other reason I'm rating it 8 and up is that the songs (apart from Mean, my fave!) explore the emotions and feeling you get when you're in love, which littler kids might find dreary/not understand. But an amazing album!!! Great buy! In my opinion, TS' best album of all time.

Kid, 9 years old November 8, 2013

Mean is a good song for kids who have been bullied

I love this album my faveorite song is mean its A good song for people who are being bullied this mean kid at school bully's me but sum day I'll be living in a big old city and all your ever gonna be is mean why you gotta be so mean

Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense August 15, 2013

SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE!!!!!!!!

WHERE DO I START?????? I love this album! It is literally to die for! NOTHING bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful songs on this! Enchanted, is indeed enchanting, Haunted, well, is haunting and gives me the shivers! Mine and Sparks Fly are REALLY catchy! Back to December and Innocent are my favorites!!!!!!! The story of us is really fast...... PERFECT ALBUM!
Kid, 9 years old January 5, 2013

Amazing!

Positive messages: Taylor Swift talks about moving on after breakups and things which is definitely relevant for a lot of people.
Positive role models: Taylor is just a great role model overall. She is s nice person, does not swear (except in some cases, things like, you know "underworld"), wears stuff that is OK on red carpets and things, and encourages people to be happy with themselves because there is something great about everybody.
Violence: Nothing
Sex: There is the line "She's not a saint and she's not what you think/ She's an actress, whoah/ She's better known for the things that she does on the mattress whoah" in Better Than Revenge, but if your kid is mature that should not be an issue, since that is the only reference in the whole album.
Language: Nothing
Consumerism: Nothing
Drinking/smoking: In Mean, there is a lyric that goes "And I can see you years from now in a bar talking over a football game/with that same big loud opinion but nobody's listening/ washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things/ Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing" but again, if your kid is mature, no issue there.

In the end, I really hope you get this album, because Taylor really is an awesome person who has a lot to give to the world with her albums.

Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2013

Speak Now Album

Like Taylor Swift's other albums, most of the songs are love (or breakup) songs. Her songs show alot of emotion. Most of her songs are fine, but some lyrics can be iffy ("you touch me once and it's really something", "lead me up the staircase", "I can see you years from now in a bar...drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing", "she's better known by the things that she does on the mattress").
Kid, 12 years old December 16, 2012

Amazing Album

This album really exudes the idea of moving on, and not letting others affect your view on both life and the world. Nice one, Taylor Swift. favorites include Haunted and Mine

Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2012

FANTASTICAL!

More mature than some of her last albums, but definitely good, clean an good overall. The "mattress" thing in Better Than Revenge is her first reference to sex, and a very mild one too. In Sparks Fly, there is a another small reference (You touch me once and it's really something, you find I'm even better than you imagined I would be.) which is also, is really not that bad and overall it's quite a good song. Songs like Dear John, Mean ,Ours, Speak Now and Never Grow Up all being noticeably more mature, also are good, mostly clean and having good messages. Overall this album is a really great album for kids and shows why I am such a big fan of Taylor Swift

Teen, 13 years old Written byhellokittycaroline March 28, 2012

Amazing Cd

I love Taylor Swift sooo much! She is one of my favorite artists. So beautiful, kind, funny, and talented. She's young too! OMG Taylor it's your best album to date1

Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2012

100% APPROPRIATE

IM HER NUMBER ONE FAN PERIOUD. END OF DISCUSSION, SHE THE MOST CLEAN, UN-INNAPROPRIATE ( IN OTHER WORDS, SHES APPROPRIAT) PERSON EEEVVVEEERRR!!!! WHEN I GET DISCOV ERED IM GONNA BE JUST LIKE HER <3 -MY MOM AND DAD LISTENS TO HER MUSIC, WERE CHRISTIANS AND WE KNOW WHAT IS PURE AND RIGHT.

Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2012

love it

Her best yet love it. Appropriate for most kids 10 and above.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover January 24, 2012

positive messages/role models

Taylor Swift sings about how to be a strong, independent female, whether you're in a relationship or single. My main concern for kids under eight is that they won't understand some of the lyrics. For instance, "Speak now" and the part about the mattress.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydrunafan1313 January 15, 2012

WAY better than Kesha, Lady Gaga, or Katy Perry

This is no worse than Katy Perry's album 'Teenage Dream' or any Kesha song or Lady Gaga song. In fact, it is better. Never does Taylor swear unlike previously mentioned artists. My little NINE YEAR OLD sister listens to it!!! Sure there are minor sexual refrences, but like I said, better than any others.

This album is a wonderful roadmap through girlhood, Taylor deals with things like bullies, kniving cheerleaders, growing up to fast, and every girl's idle fantasies.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycross_breed January 10, 2012

Taylor Swift: Now With Mean Spiritedness. Don't Bother.

*sigh* How old is Taylor Swift now? Sixteen? Seventeen, at mos- What? Twenty two? She's twenty two!? I honestly cannot believe her infantile swill is still making money. I mean, maybe I don't get it because I'm not a vapid, pollyanna little preteen girl, but I find Speak Now to be remarkably both painstakingly whitewashed and decidedly grimy. Now, say what you want about Taylor's previous work, Lord knows I have, but those songs felt honest and sweet, and, if I'm being perfectly truthful, more than a little endearing. Oh, don't get me wrong, her voice was still awful, as it is to this day, and her lyrics were still incredibly immature, but she was a teenager, you know? A little self-indulgence in her art was expected. I guess what I'm saying is that it was bad music, but it was bad music that was understandable. Speak Now loses that honesty and sweetness of Fearless, and changes it out for... well... meanness. "Mean" has Taylor viciously berating her critics, essentially calling their (our) lives meaningless whilst beating them (us) over the head with her success like a Young Money rapper. Then, we have "Speak Now," a fantastically mean-spirited little ditty about trying to steal a man away from his blushing bride to be ON THEIR WEDDING DAY. I mean, how sick is that? The last example of this phenomenon is Better Than Revenge, in and of itself, probably the most tolerable song on the album. A song about getting ambiguous revenge on an apparently loose woman that stole her boyfriend. It's quite mean, with Taylor lambasting the poor girl's reputation to the world. If you're wondering why this song is not bad, it's because, if it were sung by a girl with a less annoying voice, with a little more clever wordplay, it would essentially be Paramore's Misery Business. I'd really like to keep going on about how Taylor sets feminism back about fifty years, and about how the basis for her songs sound like they could've been lifted off of a fourteen year old's LiveJournal, but I seem to be running out of space. I don't hate Taylor, I promise. I think she's a talented songwriter, but she simply doesn't have enough life experience to write about anything that's compelling to me right now. Speak Now is a pretty pathetic attempt to make her sound more grown up by becoming spiteful. Speak Now isn't Taylor's big album. Call me once she's recovering from a heroin addiction on the tail of a messy divorce.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2011

WOW!

Really nice songs, and there isn't one tune that you won't have stuck in your head! Nothing too bad, only "She's better known for the things that she does on a mattress, whoa..."

Teen, 13 years old Written bysupercookiejar November 19, 2011

Teen hit

I love this CD but theres a bit of bad mouth like "shes better known for the things she does on the mattress" and alot of romance