A terrific party CD for older teens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byP dump November 5, 2009

Not the Offspring we're used to, but alright.

A couple good songs, but, as always, a good amount of cussing. Be selective, know your kid. But this is no Smash or Conspiracy of One.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Offspring

I don't like Offspring. They are a horrible example of punk. They give punk a bad name. If you want good punk then go for Alkaline Trio, Vandals, Ramones, Softball, Millencolin, Anti-Flag, or Bad Religion. Punk is the best genre of music, Offspring trys to kill it though.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybambamboy13 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bynate smith April 9, 2008

They have changed.

The offspring have a reputation of being party monsters. I think that Splinter is not as good as some of their older cds such as Smash or Ixnay on the Hombre
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

The Offspring are great but this is average

I love the offspring but this album is just average. The good songs are the noose, long way home, hit that, race agianst myself, (can't get my) head around you, never gonna find me and lightning rod. However, there are some bad songs. da hui is basicly a bunch of curses and when you're in preson is just plain horrible. Also you get hit that and (can't get my) head around you on the offspring's greatest hits album. Overall, 5 out of 12 songs is good but there are better offspring albums to get.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMegusta April 9, 2008

Not as good as the Offspring's old stuff, but still a great party CD.

I'm a big Offspring fan, and I certainly think most of the Offspring's best work is on their old albums. People who were looking for Splinter to be the next Smash, Ignition or Conspiracy of One will probably be disappointed, but it's still got a lot of great new songs. Most of them are very fast paced and loud making it great party or driving music. The best songs on the album are Hit That, Spare Me the Details, The Worst Hangover Ever, Long Way Home, and Never Gonna Find Me. Even if you don't love this album, I'd certainly encourage anybody who likes some of what they hear on Splinter to check out some of the Offspring's older work, particularly Ignition, Smash and Conspiracy of One. Splinter is a very punky album, whereas you'll find a lot more of their alternative, rock, and even ska themes on older albums.