All parent member reviews for "Starships" (CD Single)

Parent Written bydavidrox January 30, 2013

Very Good, but not for kids

A great song with lots of catchy lyrics, but filled with sex references, and strong language in the chorus. bad role models, and not for kids. Lots F-bombs, and B words, plus some S words as well.
Parent Written byShugocharafan88 January 7, 2013

Ok haaallp tho! plzplzplzplz! ok but i rly like him my desktop is him

OMG SO CUTTEEEEEEE *faints into germany's arms*
Parent Written byMsMeep August 22, 2012

Know Your Child!

Defiantly know your child before you let them listen to this music! Are the the type who repeats cuss words? Are they influenced to do what singers do or say? In my opinion as an 18 year old this song is great but as a babysitter, I would not allow for anyone under 14 to listen to it! Hope this helps!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 23, 2012

starships cd single

Do you think her bad-girl image is appealing to audiences? Why or why not? How do you think she compares to other known "bad girls" like Madonna and Lady Gaga? Nicki Minaj is controversial because she uses profanity and raps about sex, yet men do this all the time and don't get called out for it. Is this a double standard? Can you think of other examples in music where men are allowed to be "bad" but women are criticized for doing the same? Would Minaj be as popular if she sang less edgy songs? Can you picture her singing a sweet ballad or romantic love song?
Parent Written byAbigail1975000 July 15, 2012

Starships

Sex- f--- who you want and f---- who you like Language- f bomb is dropped, mother----- 6 times (hidden behind the beat) b------ & s---- used once (clean version takes out all the bad words) Drinking- bud light Basically, get the clean version, or you could get Megan Nicole and Lindsey Stirlings clean version (unless you just hate violin!) changes the f who you want line to "do what you want and do what you like" bad b------ like me to "bad girls like me is hard to come by, don't give two s---- to don't give to shhh...... I would say that is okay for 10 & up because the implied cuss word at "shhh" and mention of bud light, not really a big deal considering kids know what beer is and see it all the time... P.S. (can't stop cause were so high doesn't mean drug high, it means she is like on the top of the charts)
Parent Written byshanerocks June 6, 2012

Great song!

If you get the clean version, then it is definetely okay. It depends if your parent lets you get the bad version. It says several time though, "We're higher than a motherf****r but that is blanked in the clean version. Also says, "But f--k who you want and f--k who you like." In the beginning, Bad b---hes like me is hard to combine," I'm gonna blow all my money and don"t give two s--ts." But once again clean version blanks them out.
Adult Written bymusic fan2.0 May 19, 2012

well done miss minaj

well i personaly do not like most rap or most of nkies songs no offence to nickie fans but how ever i love this somg but i only have one problem WAY TOO MUTCH swearing fro my personal taste but other than that i love it keep it up nicki and you just may have a new fan but please adults and older children only with this one trust me
Adult Written byTony632 April 2, 2012

probably one of her best :)

a few swears but other than that a very fun catchy pop crossover :)