All member reviews for Stripped

Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2011

The Best Album I've Ever heard

Pop songs today are far sexualized and most of them would be rated PAUSE for 17, but this album is beautiful. Pop music was good five to ten years ago but pop music of the 2010s so far has been terrible. I like this better. "Can't Hold Us Down" would be rated ON for age 14. Without the word "Whore" it would be ON for 9. Without a positive message it would be NOT FOR KIDS. "Fighter" would be PAUSE for age 6. At age 5- people don't need to know about love, but once you get to age 6 there's only ten years until love is a big deal so people need to know about dealing with their boyfriend (or girlfriend). "Beautiful" should be rated ON for age 3. "Beautiful" kind of advertises her dirty music, but at about 2 or 3 people are going into preschool. They need to know how to deal with bullying. "Dirrty" should be PAUSE for 12. In that song they talk about a lot of drinking, partying, and sex but it also teaches positive lesson to be free and "Dirrty" is clean of swears. "The Voice Within" should be rated ON for age 5. This song does teach the same lesson as beautiful, but has a less basic lesson. You can listen to it at age 1 but it just doesn't mean anything. It doesn't really teach a useful lesson until about Elementry School or Middle School. Besides the songs that have been played on the radio there are all these other side songs that also count for something down below.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydncrgirl627 April 9, 2008

Although some songs my be inappropriate for younger kids and teens, the lyrics represent who Xtina is and how she feels. Features some awesome songs with true meaning and substance! Love "Can't Hold Us Down" with Lil Kim!
Adult Written bymarkb86 April 9, 2008

The liner notes have a small picture of oral sex

The CD has songs with swears and sex. In fact, I later noticed one of the pictures in the liner notes has a picture of oral sex. Anyone can buy this CD, and even if it had a "Parental Advisory" label, the minimum age to buy would still only be 17, as opposed to 21, which it should be.
Kid, 9 years old August 17, 2010

Only good song is Beautiful

That song has good messages like "I am beautiful/No matter what they say/Cause words can't bring me down". Don't play the other tracks as colorful swears are sprinkled throughout except for Beautiful.
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2010

Iffy Stiffy

There's some iffy stuff in "Stripped". There's lots of oral sex and some splattered swearing (a*s, b*tch, da**, sh**, etc.). Some material might be inappropreite for younger children, so I vote this for 12 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymc2004 April 9, 2008

My Favorite Album

"Stripped" is not only the best album of 2002, it is my favorite album of all time. Naturally, my review may be a little biased. This CD is an excellent blend of pop, rock, r&b, latin, and gospel. However, sprinkled through the superior music are some offensive lyrics. In additon to using damn, hell, b**ch, a**, and the repeating of bull****, she also uses slu* and wh***. Sex is hinted at on "Underappreciated" and "Walk Away", but gets explicit on "Get Mine, Get Yours" (musically an excellent song, but it is about casual sex) and "Dirrty" (again, a great song but it describes raunchy partying). There is a mention of "head" (oral sex) on "Can't Hold Us Down". However, there are positve, uplifting messages on "Soar", "Cruz", "Keep On Singin' My Song", and especially "Beautiful" (my favorite song). The social behavior is good, because Christina is sending messages on "Soar" and "Beautiful" about loving yourself and being true to yourself. In conclusion, "Stripped" may be more "dirrty" than anything out there, but it's also more "beautiful" than any other CD you'll hear.