All member reviews for Take Me Home

One Direction stays sweet, but expect some innuendo.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytiffc June 8, 2013

One Direction's Take Me Home

This album is super catchy, great for singing and dancing and having fun in general. They have music for everyone, like slow ballads (Little Things, Summer Love), songs to rock out to (Rock Me, I Would), and everything in between! One Direction appeals to all ages in different ways. There is lots of One Direction merchandise for younger kids and tweens, so it seems like they are targeted towards that age group. However, their fandom (the Directioners) are mostly teens and older, and therefore have the ability to be more connected with the band through social media, which the band uses quite a lot, like Twitter during their concerts. The boys in the band are from about 19-21 right now, so they are definitely evolving their sound as they grow older. However, younger kids will still like it because their songs are catchy and have a good beat, although they may not pay any attention to the lyrics which sometimes can be mature. (Rock Me for example: I want you to hit the pedal/heavy metal/show me you care), but they don't swear or talk about drugs, drinking, or smoking. There is minor language! Muffled in the background of "They Don't Know About Us", one of the boys says "Dam* girl" more than once, but that's the only occasion where they sort of swear. Although they are choosing to have tattoos and such, they still are good role models. They are polite, respectful, and still pretty clean-cut, although they are going down the route where their sound is going to become edgier and more pop-rock. Sometimes in their interviews, they get cheeky and sometimes swear during concerts, but not very often. They are teenagers, don't forget! Their songs are still super catchy and fun, great for singing along to. They always have good beats and don't include rapping or a lot of dubstep if that's something you don't like. As a fan, I would advise others not to get too swept up into their fandom. They have lots of merchandise, some of which is more enticing than others. For example, they have a new perfume called "Our Moment" and lots of official t-shirts and the like that are a little overpriced. Fan-made items or DIY's for One Direction inspired items are out there, so I would reccomend purchasing those if the official merchandise doesn't appeal to you. They have a world tour right now and one coming up, and tickets are much, much sought after and resold for tons more, so keep up with their ticket information if you think you would like to attend one of their concerts. The fans themselves use lots of social media and are pretty amazing. They make beautiful fan art that you may enjoy looking at or have cool remixes and mashups. However, they are sometimes more mature and aren't afraid to swear or include sexier or racier comments on their blogs, twitters, etc. so watch out. Overall, One Direction is a fun boy band that appeals to pretty much everyone, but just stay wary as they are older and have an older fanbase compared to what you may think.
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2013

Perfect for any girl any age! Unless..

Unless the parents have a problem with music about clean teen love. I reccomend all the songs for any age. WARNING: STAY AWAY FROM THE SONG "Rock me".
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2012

BEST BAND IN THE WORLD <33

I absolutely think one direction is a very amazing band, being a 10-17 year old girl. I think that their song little things is a positive message.
Parent Written bykeepcalmandcarryon December 17, 2012

Minor innuendos, but overall very good

This is a good album from the UK boyband. Both of my daughters (12 and 15) really like it. There are some innuendos, as stated in the review, so I would watch out if you have younger kids (you don't want your 5 year old singing about "getting some" without knowing what it means). It has some positive messages and is respectful towards females, and it is a diverse and fun album.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 November 22, 2012

Really good album :D

This is a slightly more mature (talks about "taking me home", kissing and touching), and decent album. I like most of the songs on here, I mean -- I like the others, but some of the songs are better. The best songs on the album are "Live While We're Young", "Kiss You", "I Would", "Heart Attack", "Back for You "C'mon, C'mon", "Last First Kiss", "She's Not Afraid" and "Still the One"...... Wow, that was lot than I thought (haha). But anyway, this is a cool album. And the title "Take Me Home" kind of makes me feel warm... :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bysol1302 March 21, 2015

Just as great as 1st album, but more mature

"Take Me Home" is just as lovely as One Direction's first album, but parents: Expect a little bit more maturity. Most of the songs are still the same; sweet, loving, passionate. Some of the songs are actually a little bit goofy. A lot of them, however, have some suggestive lines: "Tonight let's get some, and live while we're young," "Every time we touch, do you get this kind of rush? If you don't wanna take it slow, and you just wanna take me home," and "I want you to rock me / I want you to hit the pedal heavy metal, show me you care." But just like the first album, songs have beautiful messages about love and beauty. "Little Things" has lots of sweet lyrics: "I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile / You've never loved your stomach or your thighs, the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine / But I'll love them endlessly," "You never want to know how much you weigh, you still have to squeeze into your jeans / But you're perfect to me," and "You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you / And you'll never treat yourself right darlin' but I want you to / If I let you know I'm here for you / Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you." This album is an OK pick for ages 11 and up. If you're going to let your kid (10 and under) listen to this music, you should talk to them about some of the suggestive lyrics. This is overall a great album, and you will love it just as much as your kids.
Parent of a 3, 3, and 5 year old Written byjonallypugliese1023 November 1, 2013

not ever worth listening to

I really hope my kids never get in to this crap I wouldn't even call it music there is so much better music out there I hate one direction
Teen, 13 years old Written byHazzaBoo July 26, 2013

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

I love One Direction! They're like my most favorite thing in the world right now, and not surprisingly, it's amazing. Although I must say it's a step up from Up All Night, it's more edgier and sexier as mentioned above. Not too bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDirectioner Forever July 9, 2013

1D is perfect!

I LOVE ONE DIRECTION! All of their cute songs are about love or loving someone who doesn't love you back. (Isn't that adorable?) My favorite songs are Little Things, Loved You First, Change My Mind and Still The One. But they're all perfect. My favorite member is Harry Styles because he is so cute I can't even take it! I love them! Go buy both of their albums. YOU WON'T REGRET ANYTHING!
Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2013

just lettin u kno u r dealing with a major fan here and i say its fantastic for any age
Teen, 16 years old Written bydancegirl3697 March 8, 2013

Love them!

Im a HUGE Directioner! This album is absolutely amazing! They are such talented boys. For Up All Night album I think it was fine for younger kids to listen to. However, in Take Me Home, there lyrics are a bit more mature. These boysare wonderful, sweet, and romantic. However, I wouldnt let a 10 year old watch any of there interviews!
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2013

Take Me Home review

Type of music – pop music Date released- November, 9th, 2012 Copies sold (so far) - Over 1.3 million Price- on itunes it is $11.99, Target $10.99 Tacks- , Live While We're Young" » "Kiss You" » "Little Things" » "C'mon, C'mon" » "Last First Kiss" » "Heart Attack" » "Rock Me" » "Change My Mind" » "I Would" » "Over Again" » "Back for You" » "They Don't Know About Us" » "Summer Love" This album is a fun upbeat album, but there also is very meaningful slower songs too. Overall this album tells a story. About relationships, having fun, and how EVERY girl is beautiful. Lots of people love this album and I do to. If I were to give this a rating it would be 4.5 out of 5 stars. Because there is some inappropriateness in a few songs. And some songs are not as relatable as others. This album is available on itunes and at Target. 
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2013

Take Me Home, One Direction album

The album was amazing! I enjoyed how it was always something new, and the songs were not the same. Some of the songs are fast and upbeat, while others are slow ballads. The boys don’t sing about inappropriate things. They sing about things that teens can relate to. This I think is what makes adult like and enjoy their music also. I really like it, and can’t find anything bad about this album.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2013

One Direction: Take Me Home

I like how the songs are different varieties of sounds. No song is really the same. Some are fast and upbeat, and some are slow kind of ballads. This album has been my favorite one because all five of the boys have about the same amount of solos. They don’t sing about bad, inappropriate, things such as drinking, smoking, etc. I really like it. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamaezing9 March 2, 2013

Amazing

This album is more mature than the last but every bit as good if not better. Niall and Louis finnaly get a decent amount of solos which I'm very happy about. There is some innuendo but nothing very bad and in They Don't Know About Us I think there is a very muffled "dam*" in the background but otherwise language is not an issue. And no I'm not a parent
Teen, 14 years old Written byGothicTeenGirl March 2, 2013

For ages of single digits only

The songs sung on this album are absolutely appalling. All teeny-bopper music. For young kids, yes. But once you hit teenage years then you are too old for One Direction.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDMfanCassy February 25, 2013

Great for teens! (But if your teen has a sibling who likes 1D....)

I'm 14, and I love the album a lot! They did a great job, but there are some songs in the album that need to be skipped if someone under 13 is listening, such as: Rock Me- The whole song is more than likely about, ehm, 'going all the way', but- I've heard that 'rock me' is really British slang for 'impress me' and that theory wouldn't surprise me at all. Besides Rock Me, I think the only other concern would be one like in She's Not Afraid: "She sneaks out in the middle of the night, tight dress with the top cut low." Outside of that the album is mature but to an extent that my parents still let me listen to them (A benefit of being really mature at 14) and I let my 6 year old sister listen to most of the songs. But all in all, I love One Direction, their music is great.... (Another part I like about some of their songs is that it's encouraging couples to not let rude people get in the way of someone they love) -A Directioner :) <3
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarrotlover February 17, 2013

Still love it after like 391 times!!!

In the past year I have gotten quite into rock music, however, I am still really into One Direction and think this is there best album yet. Although, there are some hidden sex references in songs such as Rock Me, Kiss You, Live While We Are Young and certain other song. But over all I love this album, even though I have passed the One Direction obsession phase most Tweens and teens get!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2013

Amazing

Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2013

Good album

Heyy! I think some people are being a little strict. Especially the person who said not for kids. I'm only eleven but I really don't think it's that bad. I have the album and its wonderful. There are phrases like: let's get some, come on and let me sneak you out. But it's really pretty clean. If you have Up All Night then this would probably be an ok album.