All member reviews for Talk That Talk

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashingepicness767 July 12, 2013

Album's alright apart from 'Birthday Cake' and 'Cockiness'

Songs are catchy but lyrics are raunchy. Not appropriate for kids though unless you're a mature eight-year-old! ;D 'Cockiness' and 'Birthday Cake' are the only two provocative song I think involve strong sexual reference. The remix of 'Birthday Cake' features her abusive ex Chris Brown but not featured in the album. There is also a duet with Jay-Z Other songs 'We All Want Love', 'We Found Love', 'Drunk In Love', 'You Da One', 'Where Have You Been' are more cleaner and edited. Most songs involve some use of drug and sex reference with brief strong language and awesome island beats.
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2013

Just Ri-ri's usual

It's just Cockiness (Love it) and Birthday Cake are highly sexed.
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2012

TALK THAT TALK

Well Rhiana is usually clean. When this album came out I was very suprising. This album is mostly themed on sex. Also lot of the songs contain REALLY bad cuss words like the mf word, c_ock, b_tch, the uses of the f word. Also in her song talk that talk jay z says sex on the beach so this album 18+.
Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2012

Talk that talk

I like Rihanna and i think common sense media is being a little to harsh. Birthday cake is the only explicit song i heard on that album
Teen, 15 years old Written byben220 March 28, 2012

Think About It

Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover February 24, 2012

listen.....

I haven't listened to all of it, but what I did hear was good - "you da one" which got me into Rihanna in the first place, and "Drunk on Love" was stuck in my head for ages but I didn't even mind since it was so good and melodious.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper potato February 19, 2012

read the title people

through videos, lyrics and the songs the recent album has got a lot of inappropriate acrtions that children should not be influenced by. im 13 and i was kinda shocked by the crude language in the song. eg: ' suck my cockiness', ' be your dominatrix', 'shake my body up' all of this isnt appropriate for children to listen to but at the end of the day you shouldnt let your children listen to it. judge the song by the title! common sense people!
Teen, 16 years old Written byalfredhitchockfan#1 January 3, 2012

This is a sell-out.

I do like some of Rihanna's songs but this album is not very good. Most of the songs in general are about sex and the lyrics are overused and boring. The songs are so terribly shallow and unthoughtful that i can't even think of a way to somehow twist the meaning to make it sound meaningful. I am very disappointed with Rihanna's producers because this album is awful. And whoever had the brilliant idea to release two albums in one year was not very wise. Because of them Rihanna is slowly turning into a sell-out. I would not recommend this album to anyone who has common sense or enjoys art or for children of any age because if they are mature than they wouldn't be listening to this music. If you want good music check out Foster The People's debut "Torches" or Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" or you could spend time listening to The Beatles, Pink Floyd and bands such as that. Btw I'm not the kind of person that says something isn't music just because I don't like it. This is music but I just don't prefer it. Thank you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittleMinajWarrior December 18, 2011

I love it, but it's themed on sex.

I was very excited once I found out that Rihanna would have a new album soon. But this album shows Rihanna's dirty side, which we all knew from the beginning that she has. Half of this album is too sexual for tweens and children. Cockiness (Love It), is her most catchy song, which is why it makes me want to cry that it's so inappropriate. Birthday Cake is her most dirty song. The words "sh*t", "t*t", and "f**k" are used. Red Lipstick has some suggestive lyrics, but not too bad. I love it, it's my favorite song on the album. We Found Love is the most innocent song on here. Roc Me Out and Watch And Learn are also suggestive. Talk That Talk is a bit questionable, but it's fine. This album is obviously fun, catchy, and you'd want to dance to it, but the sex theme on this album rises too high. It's worse than Rated R, which is over exaggerated anyways. I still love this album, it has good messages, like on Where Have You Been and Drunk On Love, also We All Want Love. This album I would give a PG-13.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychihuahua0 December 2, 2011

Edgier than Loud

Although it's obvious that the first four tracks are going to be the singles with the rest being filler, it's still a great album worth buying. "Where Have You Been" had been on repeat on my iPod again and again with engaging music, souring voice and deep inflections. However, the Common Sense Media review misses a lot. This is Rihanna's steamiest album yet. "Cockiness" is obvious, but "You Da One" alludes to an orgasm, and Jay-Z drops cusses in the you-know-what-I-mean "Talk That Talk". "Birthday Cake" is even worst, every single line sprouting subtext, ending with a f-bomb and a "fade-to-black", "Roc My Body" is Exactly What It Says On the Tin, and "Watch n' Learn" uses the phrase "do it" again and again. The deluxe track? "Red Lipstick" describes fore-play. And "Do Ya Thang" is a bit iffy during its bridge. Really, only five songs are tame enough to play for your child. So don't let your eight-year-old sing this. While I wouldn't say R (more like a hard PG-13), I believe the official review misses too many of the facts. "Loud" is a Yellow 15, so "Talk That Talk" has to be at least that level.