American Idol with experience and soul.

Not yet rated
Teen, 15 years old Written bykrumpsarah April 9, 2008

Every song on here is totally & amazingly well written & preformed. I cannot wait for Taylor's next CD [and kid friendly, too] Perfect for ages 8 - 80
Adult Written byoldiebutgoodie April 9, 2008

Staying True to Himself

Taylor's CD stays true to the performer himself. He has openly said that he did not give up control of this CD to total strangers. He has also maintained his own originality through the addition of three of his own songs as cuts on the album--and in my opinion they by themselves are some of the best ones. The subject matter is traditional--no violence or gang related stuff--no drugs mentioned--just love and doing whatever it takes to maintain relationships or commenting on traditional problems in relationships--example--"what kind of man do you consider me when I work from five to five? When I come home I put my time in girl just to keep our love alive. See I try so hard to please ya 'cause I know how much I need ya-- and right now my soul is cryin' out cause you mean so much to me". (2nd verse of "Heaven Knows") Great stuff- buy it!! Great example of music education--old soul modernized aand "Taylorized"!!
Adult Written bylakota April 9, 2008
Adult Written byChrispydivine April 9, 2008

I still can't get enough of it

Taylor Hicks American Idol Season 5 winner realease an album that truly speaks to his core audience. Anyone who was a fan of Taylor Hicks during AI took the time to research him and find out that American Idol was just another notch on his musical carrer. Releasing two indie albums and doing countless club shows starting years and years before Idol was even thought of. These fans were treated to the music that was Taylor Hicks. So now that it was decided that he was the Champion of Season 5 what can we expect from his first big label album. Well for starts the album has everything you would want in a Hicks album. Funk, soul , rock and R & B. Stopping at nothing to deliver a positive message and stories of all kinds of everday situations. Along with new material we also get some revamped versions of Taylor Hicks classics such as Soul Thing and The deal. I dont think this review is going to be super helpful. But please just buy the album and take a look see. I promise it to deliever.
Adult Written bybrighteyes April 9, 2008
Adult Written byJSNorris April 9, 2008

Taylor Hicks self-titled CD is a great CD for the whole family...there are peppy up beat songs that just makes you want to sing along and bounce up and down!!! My 5-year-old granddaughter LOVES The Runaround...if I or her mother have the CD playing, you can hear her in the back seat singing right along with it...and she also love Heaven Knows. There is a song for every one on this CD...and you don't have to worry one bit about the lyrics...even songs that would be more for the not contain anything that you would be afraid the kids will hear. "Taylor Hicks" is an awesome CD.
Adult Written byraben April 9, 2008
Adult Written byKeepBreathing April 9, 2008
Adult Written bycheri6514 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydjs April 9, 2008
Great cd for the whole family. Young and old alike will enjoy.
Adult Written byPamelaJoy April 9, 2008
Adult Written byb9falbo April 9, 2008

this is great music

Finally............a great cd in which every word can be understood and appreciated....this is a refreshing cd that can be listened to over and over love love it
Adult Written bychirhart April 9, 2008

Taylor is a down-to-earth simple guy that just wants to perform his music!!! He's sooo much fun to watch and great for family!!!!
Adult Written byjuliegr April 9, 2008

Feel good, romantic song

Just listening to this song brings up so many good feelings -- love to hear it.
Adult Written byLibbyAH April 9, 2008

Proud to support Taylor Hicks

I have always loved music but have been saddened for many years at who/what the purveyors of popular music have put in front of our kids. It is so nice to finally have someone I am delighted to have my grandkids want to emulate. I did a lot of hunting for information on Taylor before I encouraged them and am completely convinced that he is a genuinely good guy in all the ways that matter. Thank you Taylor, not only for bringing back great live music - no computer assistance needed - but also for caring about people and kids especially.
Adult Written bymarymagdalene April 9, 2008
Adult Written byblahblah14101 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bypjohara April 9, 2008

This is a great CD for everyone, my 4 yr. old granddaughter loves it!

Adult Written byocindy7 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byGweninKC April 9, 2008

A singer who truly loves music

I was frankly sick of the overproduced, superficial pop music scene and Taylor Hicks made me want to listen to music again. This is a musician who truly loves and appreciates music and it shows. He's one of the best live performers on the scene today. His gift is his ability to make you feel the joy and heartbreak and longing of each song. This guy is the real deal.