All member reviews for Taylor Swift

Young, talented star sings about heartache.

Kid, 9 years old December 28, 2009

Taylor Swift has heart and is a great role modol. So some little things about beer. She roxs!
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2011

Love the music once again!!!!

I love this album, my favorite song on it is "Teardrops On My Guitar". Perfect album, perfect role model, good messages, and perfect for all ages!
Adult Written byCkmj824 March 27, 2010

Now, I'm really not a Taylor fan, and never have been, but even young girls will love her at age 5. She doesn't swear but many (probably all) of her songs are about boys and herself.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUseursense August 16, 2013

Okay.

I only have some of the songs on my iPod, so I'll only do those. Teardrops On My Guitar-4/5. About a girl crushing on a guy who likes a different girl. On the non-radio edit version, it says the D word! Very upset about that even if I have the edit version. Should've Said No-5/5. OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT;) Basically about a guy cheating on a girl and she's mad.... Really upbeat and Taylor's vocals shine! KAPOW IN YOUR FACE song;) Love it SO much! True country rock music! My fave kind of music! Our Song-3/5. Eh. It's okay, but I don't really get the feel that I got with those above two. Taylor's vocals aren't that great in this song. It's sweet, and nothing to worry about, but it's.....what's the word..... CHEESY. That's what I get from it! There's a really cool violin solo in this though........ I'm Only Me When I'm With You-3.5/5. I really love this one, BUT HER VOCALS!!!! I could do better, no offense. It's really sweet and cute, but URG! I love the message, but ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like my little bro sang it while breathing in helium!!!!! Total score for album......... 3.875/5. I found the average of the songs I have. (One side note: I don't have Picture To Burn but it tells a guy that he's gay. Just a warning.)
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2009

its pretty cool. luv love story, picture to burn, and teardrops on my guitar
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed October 25, 2009

Her pseudo-deep music is so obnoxious it gives me a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Her lyrics are awful, she's not a talented instrumentalist, and on top of all that, she can't sing her way out of a paper bag. The only reason anyone even knows who this girl is, is because the Disney Channel decided her face was marketable and said, "With the help of a little creative voice mixing, THIS is our it girl." All hype and no talent. There's nothing really objectionable about it except it's unbelievable lack of substance.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPotterheadWhovian104 October 18, 2014

Best for ages 10+

I LOVE Taylor Swift, she's my favorite singer of all time, but the content of her songs is best suited for ten and up. Not because most of them aren't appropriate, but because younger kids probably won't get the content of her songs or relate to her music as much as teens and young adults will. She sings about what she feels, and in her younger albums, that is crushes and friendship troubles, and in her older albums, it's breakups and edgy romances. But if you enjoy country-pop, you'll love Taylor's music and her sparkling personality!
Teen, 17 years old Written byNinakb July 18, 2014

Taylor Swift is a very unique and creative person!!!!

Taylor mostly sing about her thoughts and feelings about dating and love. As you may know, some kids are fine listening to music that talks about love and dating and others are not. Know your child to asses if the music is ok to listen to.
Adult Written byTaylorSwiftFan2008 July 13, 2014

Taylor Swift is recommended for all ages

I have to say Taylor Swift's self-titled album is Amazing. I've been a fan of Taylor swift since I was 13 years old. I can also relate to most of her songs It's very squeaky clean album however there is songs I should warn about Track 2 Picture to Burn the first verse has a line that says "That's fine I'll tell mine you're Gay" but if you buy the Deluxe Edition or Bonus Track Edition she says "That's fine you won't mind if I say" Track 3 (Teardrops on My Guitar) has the line "I laugh cause it so d**m funny" and same thing with the bonus track or Deluxe Edition the line is changed to I laugh cause it's just so funny" Track 5 (Cold as you) has a line that says "You never did give a d**m thing honey but I cried cried for you" but this line is not changed in the other two versions of the album Track 9 (Should've said No) has a few lines in it "It was a moment of weakness you said yes" the other line is "You should've known the word bout wat you did with her" Over all the rest of the album is age approved and most them are. To the people that want to get this CD I recommend either the Bonus Track version or the limited Deluxe Edition but the limited deluxe edition can only be found online now cause it was a re-issue in 2007 for Taylor Swift's fans all over the world as an early Christmas present
Teen, 14 years old Written bymesomell January 4, 2014

Great Album, Some Songs Not Appropriate For Kids Under 10

Taylor Swift is a wonderful role model. All of her songs on this album are clean for the most part, except for three as follows: Should've Said No: Taylor sings about how her boyfriend "should've said no" to the girl who he had sex with... And maybe "he might have still had her". (You should've thought twice before you let it all go) (It was a moment of weakness, and you said yes) (You should've known that word, what you did with her) Cold As You: One use of "d*mn". (...You never did give a d*mn thing honey...) Teardrops On My Guitar: One use of "d*mn". (...I laugh 'cause it's so d*mn funny...) The whole album is pretty much Taylor singing about love. There are no songs with very positive messages. Overall, I think the album is fine for kids age 10+.
Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2013

SHE RULEZ!!!

OH MY SALAZAR SLYTHERIN SHE IS THE BEST!!!!! I love every single one of her songs, THEY ROCK!!! Maybe in one or two of the songs she uses d*mn (which is why it may be questionable for kids under 7, piggy95), but otherwie THEY ROCK!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byAwesomeGirl5127 March 20, 2013

best singer EVER!

She is an awesome singer! I started listening to her when I was 8 and my 5-year old sister loves her too! There is no bad language or violence, no sex and inappropriate stuff. Everyone should listen to her songs!
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2013

She is awesome ;D

Taylor Swift does not have any bad lyrics. She indicates things happend in a way only an adult would understand. Ex. 'Lead me up the staircase wont you whisper soft and slow, im captivated by you baby like a firework show' or 'It was a moment of weakness but you said yes' and 'run my fingers through your hair and watch the light go down.' but It really doesnt get worse then that. Nothing sac-religious, nothing innapropriate..the music video to 'I knew you were trouble' is a little but creepy, as she is hanging out with a guy with tatoos all over his arm...otherwise, its fine.
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2012

i <3 taylor swift

I think Taylor Swift is a good role modle.I love her songs and all her boyfriends are ****** bags. i have see good and bad reveiws but i have disagreed with the bad ones. the only reason i am doing this commonsences thing is because my friend showed me, and i am like her biggest fan, like #1 kind of biggest fan. but anyway i think her music is apropriet for kids 8+. for one she teaches life lessons throgh her songs and shares what she has been through in her life and really connects with other peoples lifes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 11, 2012

Ahhhh

For the most part her songs are cleshsay and mediocre but this ablum is a lousy.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2012

She Rocks!

She is my fave singer, my role model and awesome! I been her fan since 2008! :)
Adult Written byKatniss E8 June 16, 2012

Taylor Swift

It's really wonderful music, and not innapropriate in any way, shape, or form, with absoloutely no cursing. It's appropriate for any age, kids OR adults! She is a wonderful role model and a wonderful artist, too.
Kid, 11 years old May 4, 2012

An amazing, talented and beautiful singer.

Taylor Swift is a beautiful and talented girl with a big heart. Taylor is so open with the world, she writes about the problems she goes through. I honestly LOVE her and her music. Its the type of music you can listen to and not feel stressed anymore. Taylor isn't one of those other girls who went from sweet to ugh like Miley Cyrus, Taylor said so herself she wants to stay on the safe side. Taylor also does movies. Taylor is known as country musics sweetheart. Taylor Swift is truly is amazing.
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2012

Taylor Swift, a very good role model

Taylor swift is my favorite artist, and she's a very good role model! She doesn't cuss, it's clean and just perfect!
Teen, 13 years old Written by291643853 March 3, 2012