Kid reviews for Taylor Swift

Young, talented star sings about heartache.

Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2018

Wonderful

I have liked taylor swift so much since i was 2 years old and my parents turned on her song "Teardrops On My Guitar". I loved it and have bought every one of her albums ever since. She is the most talented singer aswell as songwriter i have ever encountered. I honestly do not understand why her music is rated 11+ on here because she really only swears very lightly in her songs ( very occasionally) a d*mn or sh*t. The only song of hers i would be mildly concerned about is her 2017 release that was in her newest album Reputation, "Dress" which uses the chorus "I only bought this dress so you could take it off. Take it off, off, off, off." Otherwise perfectly appropriate and talented.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBettySwift May 7, 2021

My thoughts of Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift gets alot of hate from the media for NO REASON so here is some reasons why i think she is a good person:
-She wrote a song standing up for LGBTQ+
-She spoke up about rights and equality
- She is inspirational
- She donated money to GLAAD
- She used to visit sick kids in hospital
- On the Reputation Stadium Tour in 2018 she gave some foster kids a free concert
- She wrote a song about a 4 Year Old named Ronan who passed away from cancer (Rest in peace Ronan)
- She is a sweet person
- She writes amazing songs that are different to what other people sing
- She writes her own music and has a part in the production of it whereas other artist have songwriters and they just go in do vocals and then leave
- She has many grammys
- She tought me some french Je Suis Calme
- When she recorded her albums 'Folklore' and 'Evermore' they had swearing in some songs so she also recorded those songs without swearing and changed the lyrics from the explicit to something else for example in 'Betty' Taylor drops the F bomb so in the clean recorded version she changes " would you tell me to go ____ myself" to "would you tell me to go straight to hell"

Kid, 8 years old May 4, 2021

Why?

Taylor Swift is the best! I have been a fan of her since preschool! Its just that in alot of her songs she has bad words. But their not really bad words! And by the way, little kids would not know what they mean.

Teen, 17 years old Written bystellathedemon December 18, 2020

SHES THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

OK so i know a lot of people wrote these comments quite a while ago; however, she does swear in some; not all, of her songs. honestly, it depends on the kid if the kid you have repeats every thing they hear then choose some of her songs without swearing but if the kid is pretty mature, then feel free to blast that music as loud as you want. here is an example of things she says that may be inappropriate she has in her songs, "the 1" Straight out the gate: in the literal first line of the entire album, the last great american dynasty, mad woman,Betty and peace. honestly, it depends on the kid.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysmelly_cat14 November 24, 2020

Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2020

11+? Really?

I do not think this album should be rated 11+! There is really nothing bad! This had been one of my fave albums since kindergarten and I think everyone should listen to it!

Kid, 10 years old October 2, 2019

The best songwriter.

Kid, 12 years old October 28, 2017

love her music

Teen, 13 years old Written byBooklover Scarlet July 29, 2017

Kid, 10 years old March 6, 2020

Awesome

Awesome music I just don't think it's for kids

Kid, 9 years old May 11, 2019

Great

I am a huge fan of Taylor Swift

Teen, 13 years old Written byR.house July 31, 2018

Old country music wonderful but new pop is iffy...

I have been listening to her music for years now. But her newest pop album Reputation is a new side of Taylor we haven’t ever seen before. Reputation is like a message to her enemies and her lovers. One song in the chorus it says, “I only bought this dress so you can take it off... We’re spilling wine in the bathtub you kiss my face and we’re both drunk.” It also has some cursing in another songs (s**t and more). All her other songs are appropriate and she is a great role model but I check on Reputation before you let your kids liston to all the songs.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydarkthrone July 10, 2017

The Essential Guide to Ruining Music

Where to start, where to start. ...I have no idea. I thought that Ariana Grande was bad enough. Then I heard this because my female school peers were saying that it is the most amazing album they have ever heard. Now, I am a death metal fan, NOT a pop fan. But I was curious to hear what it sounded like. All I can say is that I want my 48 minutes back. This is probably THE worst artist I have heard in a long time. Taylor's lyrics are just about breakups and failing relationships, and the editing of this album and on all of Taylor's albums are atrocious. The quality is so auto-tuned, corrected, and it all just sounds canned and processed and lifeless. You might as well be listening to a piece of wood. But people mainly listen to this and other pop groups because they feel like it is the only choice they have. And I myself am trying to get a message out there that there are BETTER types of music, musicians, and everything, instead of this Candyland, Disney, Kidz Bop stuff everyone listens to today. Please, if you are reading this and this is the ONLY kind of music you listen to, please consider other genres like death metal, black metal, grindcore, technical death metal, or at least try something new. I may sound like i'm showing off my taste in music to act cool, but I am trying to say that there is a whole UNIVERSE of music out there. Some people only like several genres of the universe, some might like all genres of the universe. But if you only listen to pop, please consider listening to other genres as well. You can discover new amazing bands, songs, musicians, record labels, etc. There are no limits to music. Overall I think that no one should listen to this album in general.

Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknown Pig September 15, 2016

Used to be better

She used to be better but she has changed she used to be more 2+ and 8+ but now all her songs are more 13+ she sings about nothing but rating divorce and breaking up and kids at a young age shouldn't be hearing songs about getting in a fight with a boyfriend and then telling him you hate him and breaking up.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMarieHemmings716 June 2, 2016

TRYING TO FAKE COUNTRY ACCENT!!

This album isn't very good and she is clearly faking a country accent!!She is from Penn NOBODY IN PENN HAS COUNTRY ACCENTS!!! The lyrics are ok, but the songs aren't very good!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarvelGlimmer April 25, 2016

It's for everyone really!

My mom tried to get me into her when she first was famous. I didn't understand much but she has a wonderful voice to listen to!

Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2016

AWESOME

I think this album and the Fearless album are her best albums! They are great! This album has great messages, and is just awesome in general. She is an awesome role

Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2016

Amazing, so talented

Taylor swift is an amazing singer, I think its suitable for all children. She is a great role model for young children.

Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2015

AMAZING

I love Taylor Swift. It's her first album and it's an introduction to a superstar. She's a country sweetheart and being someone who still listens to that album, I must say that it's really really good. I love it. Swift is extremely lyrically advanced, as proven by lyrics like "What a shame / what a rainy ending given to a perfect day" -"Cold As You" The world met this talented young lady from this album and I am forever grateful for it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPotterheadWhovian104 October 18, 2014

Best for ages 10+

I LOVE Taylor Swift, she's my favorite singer of all time, but the content of her songs is best suited for ten and up. Not because most of them aren't appropriate, but because younger kids probably won't get the content of her songs or relate to her music as much as teens and young adults will. She sings about what she feels, and in her younger albums, that is crushes and friendship troubles, and in her older albums, it's breakups and edgy romances. But if you enjoy country-pop, you'll love Taylor's music and her sparkling personality!