All parent member reviews for "Teenage Dream" (CD single)

Adult Written bykipwalker44 January 25, 2015

This song makes my ears bleed

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 20, 2012

teenage dream cd single

Families can talk about what can happen when you engage in adult behaviors before you're an adult. Can you think of some potential repercussions that could result from having sex at a very young age? What are the consequences of underage drinking?
Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byApplemommieAZ March 18, 2012

ok I like the song so what

a little bit of this here and thare but it is still one good song you mkem me feal like I am liveing the teen age dreeam the way you trun me on I cant sleep so lets run away and never look never look back ok so I know hafh of the song so what
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymileycyruse54 January 24, 2012
Adult Written bysweetbeandango April 9, 2011

"No Regrets, Just Love" Is NOT a Good Message

While this song has some WONDERFULLY sweet lyrics-- "You think I'm pretty, without any makeup on. You think I'm funny when I tell the punchline wrong," it has a message that I just can't get over no matter how much the rest of the song makes me happy. The bridge of the song says, "Let's go all the way tonight. No regrets, just love." This message I feel is really harmful to a lot of the tween dancers at my dance studio who sing along with and and know all the lyrics. That kind of mentality almost always amounts in regret and I think only older listeners who realize that should listen to the song. It also has a number of other racy lyrics like "Oh, you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans, I'll be your teenage dream tonight" Really, it's mostly the "let's go all the way tonight, no regrets" message that bothers me. Casually having sex with someone always results in regret.