All member reviews for "Teenage Dream" (CD single)

Teen, 15 years old Written byJ4VZ October 13, 2013

My teenage dream!

good
Teen, 13 years old Written byEverything'sAmazing November 17, 2012

Another great song by Katy Perry

With a catchy tune and toe-tapping beat this song is undeniably good and there's no doubt that it'll be stuck in your head for a long time after you hear it. This is another great song by Katy Perry! Although the chorus is about sex or at least her wanting to have sex 'go all the way' the lyrics give out a positive message about their relationship especially in the first chorus (the guy she is in a relationship with loves her for being her rather than her looks 'you think I'm pretty without any make-up on' etc.). In conclusion I think 'Teenage Dream' is suitable for kids age eleven and above because of the implications of having sex however most kids won't comprehend the lyrics as meaning sex, I know I never when I first heard this when I was ten!
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2012

Not Appropriate For Young Kids...

but i love the music and the lyrics (some of them) are fine. adults might enjoy this because it might make you feel young. 'You make me, feel like I'm living a, teenage dream."
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2012

Good Song

God!! This song was my favorite song in 3rd Grade!!!! <3 But it does have some sexual talk like "Put your hands on me in your skin tight jeans "
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2012

Yuck

I don't get the point of this song.... at all.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 2, 2012

Love it!

My favorite Katy Perry song!
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 May 11, 2012

Pretty catchy and danceable

It's best for older teens. It's probably cleaner than some of her others, but not as clean as Firework. :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Review Guy April 13, 2012

Perry Tune isn't graphic,but mentions sex.

Parents need to know that this single off of Katy Perry's new album off the same name,has mentions of sex and drinking("let's go all the way","got a motel","drunk on the beach".)and the music video is even sexier.OK for mature teens. Messages:Positive 1/5:The song while very grown-up,is about being in a good relationship.But it's mostly about sex. Role Models:Positive 1/5:Katy Perry talks about being in a good relationship,signs of a good role model. Violence:0/5 Not an issue Sex:2/5 This song is about sex,though not very graphic in details,it does still mention it.Such as "let's go all the way","got a motel" etc.The music video shows Perry having sex in a motel and in a pool. Language:0/5 Not an issue Consumerism:0/5 Not an issue Drinking,Drugs and Smoking:2/5 Mentions "drunk on the beach.". Is it any good:If Katy Perry has two things that make her a success on the charts,it's her vocals and her songwriting(which are some of the best out there.)and TEENAGE DREAM is no expectation.This song has everything to become a #1 hit single,that and a cool mix of pop and guitar.Too bad kids won't get the mature message.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

Some Inappropriate Lines, but the Song Itself Sends a Good Message

OK, this song I admit has some pretty sexual lines in it. But it's still a great song to me :) Sex: "let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans "imma get your heart racing in my skin tight jeans" "let's go all the way tonight" Drugs: mild references to "getting drunk on the beach"
Kid, 11 years old February 29, 2012

not very good

I personly do not beleive Katy Perry is a very good role model nor song writer. I think any song about "teenage dreams are good.
Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2012

LOVE IT!

This song is kind of suggestive, but it's not that bad. I mean, it least it's not like Lady Gaga's "LoveGame"! Sex" "let's go all the way tonight" "let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans" "Imma get your heart racing in my skin tight jeans" "Drunk on the beach" is just a mild drinking reference, and drinking references don't matter to me, and I know I'd never drink under-age or drink at all. This song has a good message too.:) It's not like all it's about is sex.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDead Runway January 20, 2012

Please Read This Before Giving To Children

I'm certainly not trying to convince you to hate this CD like I do. Or not to listen to it or anything like that. But I will give you my point of view, and I hope that you realize how not-so-good this album is for children under 14 or 15. Bad songs. Bad CD. CD is all about having sex with your boyfriend, partying, getting drunk, and all of those other things that dumb, ditzy teenagers do. I seriously preach against this CD. Need proof? 5 great reasons WHY this CD is awful and inappropriate. 1. Listen to the song "Peacock" on the album. It's about male genitals (I'm not going to go into further details than that) and oral sex. 2. Listen to the song "Teenage Dream". Especially "Let's go all the way tonight, no regrets, just love". Horrible. This lyric (and many more lyrics in the song) simply says it's OK to casually have sex with you boyfriend, and nothing bad's gonna happen. That couldn't be more wrong. 3. Listen to the song "Last Friday Night". It implies that it's OK to go to a party, get drunk, and make out with random guys. Seriously Katy, I question your IQ. 4. Listen to the song "Hummingbird Heartbeat". Especially the lyric "You make me feel like I'm loosing my virginity, everytime that you touch me". See? Not OK whatsoever for children. 5. In the song "California Gurls", they say "All that ass hanging out" and the word "Weenie". Dang it, how dumb can people be, to let their kids buy and listen to this album?
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2012

Great song

Great song, but there are some drinking references. It does however have a positive message
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 January 13, 2012

Really good, but not for young kids

I've listened to this song and seen the music video, and it's a really good song. It has some sexual references that might not be appropriate for young kids, but it's ok for most kids 12+ who won't be influenced by the song's depiction of drinking and casual sex, and it has a positive message about loving someone for who they are, which is good for young teens who are starting to date. Sex: Some sexual references in the lyrics, and the music video shows people in revealing clothing, and a couple presumably have sex, but nothing too graphic is shown. Drinking: A lyric about getting drunk at the beach.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 15, 2011

Sexually driven song

This song is awsome and catchy but has a lot of sex related lyrics that arnt appropriate for younger kids. Such as "let's go all the way tonight no refresh just love." and "let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans."
Teen, 13 years old Written byMeTheCrazyOne99TWO August 11, 2011

Luv it!!!!!!

I love this song! Both the beat and the message make me happy when I listen to it. This song is clean, and is amazing! Great message, examples: "You think I'm pretty without any makeup on, you think I'm funny when I tell the punchline wrong. I know you get me, so I let my walls come down, down. Before you met me, I was alright but things were kinda heavy. You brought me to life now every February, you'll be my Valentine, Valentine". That's a long streak of beauty and love. This song does have a sexual message, although. Innuendo: "Let's go all the way tonight, no regrets, just love"/ "Let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans, be your teenage dream tonight". That's it. Yet she sings those lines repetitively throughout the song. A wonderful beat, perfect to dance to. Parents, let your kids listen to this, but if they're old enough and know what sex is, just talk to them about how Katy's views on things are, and what's bad about this song.---out
Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2011

Great Song, Just a Few Suggestive Lines.

This song is GREAT. But, it has some suggestive lyrics, but also a good message. Sexual content,sex:"Let's go all the way tonight, no regrets, just love" this line sounds kind of suggestive "Imma get your heart racing in my skin tight jeans...."/"Let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans". Good messages: "You think I'm pretty without any makeup on/ you think I'm funny, when I tell the punchline wrong." Anyways, GREAT SONG.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2011

This song is sweet and awesome, not bad like you think!

I love this song, it's an awesome hit, good message. And she's not really talking about sex. Just that she's ready to give him her all, all the love she can-kinda-idk lol. Good message "You think I'm pretty, without any makeup on, you think I'm funny, when I tell the punchline wrong", etc. Great song! But there is a "let's go all the way tonight"
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2011

Good tune, bad lyrics

I liked this song actually and added it to my playlist, but that was before I found out it was explicit and had a lot of sex and profanity. It sounds good but if you look at the lyrics you might want to rethink. The song is bad because it might also encourage teenagers to have sex.
Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2011

12-13 up!

Well this song does say things like let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans.. and Got drunk on the beach, And things like that and overall its an OK Song. I only recommend this song to 12-13 up!