All teen and kid member reviews for "Teenage Dream" (CD single)

Teen, 14 years old Written byPenandpaper May 15, 2011

Video off for 10+

To tell you the truth-the video is horrible
Teen, 13 years old Written byIGotTheMagic May 3, 2011

Moderate sexuality and drinking OK for teens and older tweens

The sexuality and drinking in this song is moderate and appropriate for teens and older Tweens. The lyrics themselves aren't appropriate for younger kids. There is some subtle lyrics of a guy liking Katy for what she is on the inside, which deserves a vote for good messages.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011
i know many kids like katy perry. who wouldnt? and anyway, most kids, this song goes right over their heads
Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2011

Cool and Sweet Romance Tune, Clean

Highlights: Nice soft and relaxing beat. It is about a smooth relationship. Good Message: She says "You think I'm pretty, without any makeup on, you think I'm funny, when I tell the punchline wrong." Sex: She goes "Let's go all the way tonight.", "go to a motel", and "put your hands in my skin tight jeans". Drinking: "getting drunk on the beach."
Kid, 9 years old March 17, 2011

Appropriate for many ages, 6/7+ maybe.

This song is cuss-free, she only says sheets, not or shi[z] or shi[z]s touch, not whatever "T word" there is[not]. This song is fine I guess, no cussin', but some mild drinking things.
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2011
I love this song, this is a good song, but the lyrics are not good for kids that don't know about sex. I would want to talk to my kids if I had any about sex before listenign to the song
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 11, 2011
i love this song.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMegan96 February 5, 2011
I don't understand why people think that this encourages teens to engage in sexual acts. It's clearly about adults, considering the line "You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream."
Teen, 14 years old Written byLearnCommonSense February 1, 2011

Innappropriate

I really think that this is not an appropriate song because it is basically giving peer pressure to have sex as a teenager and giving the message that if you love someone you should sleep with them. If the subject was not about sex and maybe about a couple instead it would have been an awesome
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2011

Catchy song, but for mature tweens.

Although this song is catchy, and I at age 11, listen to it too, doesn't mean this song is for everyone. It glamorizes having sex at as a teenager and can set a bad exsample on kids my age for when they are older. In all, this song is catchy, but for mature tweens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrincessNoriBori January 20, 2011
A sickeningly sweet hit that has been played so many times I could sing it in my sleep. My apologies to all the Katy Perry fans, but hearing this song makes me want to vomit. Not really inappropriate, only because if you're old enough to understand what the references mean then they're not a problem. It's just not a great song, I'm really bored of it, but I guess anybody could listen.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2010

not good

all of perrys songs are about sex, drinking, etc. i guess thats what you would expect from this song, like california gurls. plus, all the covers and pictures on covers of cds and songs are VERY revealing, and show katy half-naked. although, not too bad language.
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2010
not Too bad, i should say... like what i said before, good song, bad parts
Teen, 14 years old Written byEvilPanda1O1 October 12, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 29, 2010
Best for teenagers and adults!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytghyjikluo September 28, 2010

Dumb song by dumb artist.

Katy Perry is one of the worst singers ever! I guess California Gurls was OK, but This song is awful, like her new album. In every picture shes in shes either naked or something else and thats all her songs talk about "drinking, dancing, sex, blah, blah, blah"
Teen, 13 years old Written bydegrassifan01 September 24, 2010

Great for teens

Love this song!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 19, 2010

Ehh... okay

Its not a bad song, its the music video I must warn you about, she and her boyfriend are shown undressing in bed (underwear and bra shown) and they touch and kiss (Ew!) But the song WILL get stuck in your head, and will drive you into insanity. One more thing, when she talks about a 'teenage' dream and stuff, then she goes, lets go all the way. That may not mean "teenagers go to bed" or anything, but it sounds like it. (Not saying thats what they meant)
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2010
WARNING: Katy Perry at her worst--worst both as most innappropriate AND dumbest.
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2010

good

i freaking LOVE this song its awesome :)