All teen and kid member reviews for Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny

Teen, 13 years old Written bySEAN THE PRAWN November 13, 2012

what the feck

this band is fecking awesome. they swear alot but its nothing compared to what your child hears and says in school
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 12, 2009

NO KIDS

No kids. End of story.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosephrudolph13 February 24, 2015

Although it is very sexually wrong and sort of disturbing it is surprisingly good

Teen, 13 years old Written byYouCanAgree June 6, 2013

Righteous, but very explicit

Even though this album is definitely not for kids, I really love it. There is alot of bad language, but other than that, the record is really great. If you enjoyed the movie, you will for sure enjoy this. Just don't let small kids listen. It totally depends on what your parents think.
Teen, 16 years old Written byI_TellTheTruth January 7, 2011

Where's the logic?

Why did CSM give this album a 17+ rating when it gave the movie it came from a 15+ rating? ALL OF THE SONGS COME FROM THE MOVIE. Plus, the movie is even worse because you see some sexually explicit images. I would give this album an iffy 16+ rating and the movie it comes from an iffy 17+ rating.
Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 May 29, 2010

good for teens

Great music. But with the song itself there is swearing such as F---k C---k -Ch-de and alot more language but if your kids know not to repeat it they will be fine. Also in one song a reference to sex slave but thats pretty much it
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 June 26, 2009

How did the Movie get a 15+, but this got a 17+?

This basicly is the movie (but with less swearing). They're is non stop swearing and some sexual content. The edited version has no swearing and it is funny because of the lack of effort they put into it
Teen, 16 years old Written byshadow_slayer15 May 10, 2009

Wow...

I listened to this when I got it from my brother's MP3 player and loved it. I'm covering the whole CD on guitar, but the language blew my mind! There's not even a 30 second period where they don't curse on this CD.
Teen, 14 years old Written byanarchy4idiots March 9, 2009

"Master Exploder", Literally

Everyone needs to know that this album is AMAZING, but also in some cases highly offensive. With references from cutting of a dragon;s "c--kles", to talking about gargling mayonaisse, and by the way, they don't mean mayonaisse. Didn't like the movie, but the music was awesome.
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2009

Hey..

Get it edited.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyayne April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byAqualad___x April 9, 2008

Wow.

Kid's don't get the music, but other than that...This is the hbest band everr.
Teen, 16 years old Written byconspierabassist April 9, 2008

Hilarious, Amazing, not appropriate for anyone younger than myself

The Pick of Destiny cd by Tenacious D is one of my favorite cds this year. It is very funny, and is full of talent, but its too short (only 30 something minutes : /). Its not appropriate at all, but thats what makes it so funny. Singer/guitarist/comedian Jack Black uses explicit language every chance he gets, which is part of the humor. The lyrics are well thought out, and the singing is very good. Guitarist Kyle Gass strums out some amazing guitar parts, especially as on the Metal (probably the most appropriate song on the cd) and Classico (a mix of classical songs which Jack wrote his own vulgar lyrics for). Drummer/Singer Dave Grohl (of the Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Queens of the Stone age, and others) pounds out some solid drum beats and has some amazing fills on it. He also sings the part of the Devil on Beelzeboss(the Final Showdown), which is the funniest/best/most vulgar song on the cd. Overall i LOVED this cd and also the movie (go see it!) but its not appropriate for young teens.

Ok............

Kids my age wont get the music, but it is cool to listen to.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDizzyZ April 9, 2008

Funny, but not all that wholesome....

I personally am a fan of Jack Black and Kyle Gas. I thought this CD was funny, but it may cross the line for some people.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhgfjty April 9, 2008

it's fekin insane

whhoooooooo a tenacious d f***in rocks
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoby the bowler April 9, 2008

Pretty good

Good album. Jack Black is awesome. Movie kicks major as*

Funny

There's pretty bad language, and they do send across the whole rock n' roll social attitude (especially if you see the movie), but other than that, it isn't that bad, just as long as you don't mind f--k. And say what you want, but this is one of the funniest bands ever, other than Flight of the Conchords.
Teen, 14 years old Written byawesomeguy2000 April 9, 2008