Kid reviews for The Battle for Everything

A perfect album for quiet, reflective moods.

Teen, 17 years old Written byElFuego September 20, 2018

Good Variety, Mediocre Lyrics

After listening to The Battle for Everything, I felt that the variety of different sounds stood out to me, but the lyrics did not leave a profound impact on me. The lyrics have a very self-centered feel, revolving around the singer more than anything. They range from not being a problem (see "Dying") to being the main focus of the song (see "If God Made You", "Disneyland", "Nobody", "NYC Weather Report", etc.). Going back to the sounds, they possess a consistent quality with the best going to "Dying" (Honorable Mentions are "Nobody", "If God Made You", "Maybe I", and "The Devil in the Wishing Well"). The sounds of this album ultimately make this a 3/5 instead of a 2/5.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviecritic October 21, 2010

Amazing

John Ondrasik aka Five for Fighting is one of the best artists around! I love his music and it's just truly amazing. You must buy his albums if you haven't already!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDr. RPG April 9, 2008

Phenomenal... if you can comprehend it

If my friends knew I enjoyed this music, they would surely scoff at me. Why? They could never hope to understand the profound messages conveyed in the songs. I love Five for Fighting and their songs because John's voice and the lyrics blend together to create something that is truely beautiful. Among my favorites are 1oo Years (a song about time and its grip on us all), Superman (a song about the tragic side of being an icon who is taken for granted as someone who simply does their job), and Dying (a song about the need for renewal in love and a fresh perspective every now and then to see the beauty and power of it). Put poetry to a tune, and you get The Battle for Everything.