Some of the best music out there.

Kid, 6 years old July 1, 2014

Best music ever!

This is one of the best set of music EVER! I have it on ITunes and I love it so much.
Parent Written byd a i f i d November 10, 2013

The Cultural Phenomenon That Is Endless!

I just don't think introducing The Beatles to ANY news listeners can ever be anything but a VERY positive thing to do. It's 50 years now since Beatlemania started in England and the Fab Four show no signs of declining in popularity EVER! I personally feel the group members were even positive in their spoken message. I am different than most as I am virtually a Beatle historian. I guess the only drawbacks they may have to anyone would be those narrow-minded enough to still be upset with John's "bigger than Christ" statement (taken out of context) and the use of the word "christ" in The Ballad of John and Yoko. That is why I picked the language choice…if I could have picked none of the above I would have. Bottom line: To not listen to THe Beatles IS JUST NOT NORMAL!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 17, 2015

this is hands down the greatest compilation album ever.

I don't exactly know when kids can listen to this but I will say that the Beatles are my favorite band of all time and this album got me into them. The only two songs I wish we're on here though are I am the walrus and a day in the life but then again those songs are both about getting high on drugs. Actually there is other songs that should be on this album like across the universe and Julia but this is still a unbelievable album and it's a great way to introduce your kids to the greatest band in history.
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2010
THE BEATLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT MY USERNAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
Teen, 15 years old Written byhangOn4Hope July 9, 2009

How can you not love The Beatles?

It still drives me crazy when someone tells me they don't like The Beatles. I just don't get it. Regardless, this album is truly amazing (but so are The Beatles and all of their music). Sure, there are references, but they are so vague that it shouldn't be worried about. If there's one more really great thing you can do for your kid, introduce them to The Beatles. The Beatles should never be "old stuff" or "old news" or "old music." Their records/tapes/cd's are definitely worth buying. I love to share my love for them and I hope you can enjoy and love them too. Just buy the cd. It's definitely worth it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydankthosepepememes October 27, 2016

The Beatles

The Beatles are the greatest band of all time,and it's exlemplafied by the album.If you have have never heard the Beatles,go and listen to the,
Teen, 13 years old Written bychmsoccer April 25, 2016

One of the best cds ever

The Beatles:1 has no content that parents would find inappropriate. I gave it five stars because the Beatles (band) is one of the most popular bands of all time, and are very enjoyable to listen to.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2013

AWESOMENESS

The Beatles are good music. This album PROVES they are the best band ever. The songs are good, but you might want to skip over 'The Ballad of John and Yoko' and 'Day Tripper' with 8 and under.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe December 29, 2012

Awesome greatest hits album

I think kids of all ages would like this album. I assume Paul, John, George and Ringo didn't know their songs were going to be child friendly. CONSUMERISM: Most of these songs are featured in "The Beatles: Rock Band".
Teen, 14 years old Written bydreamer98 November 28, 2012

The Beatles were more rock than pop.

The Beatles are so amazing. John Lennon is my darling. <3 Love you John!!! (my username is dreamer) People should definitley listen to this kind of music instead of the modern pop stuff that's drilled into everyone's heads and overplayed. The Beatles were beautiful rock music. I don't unerstand how anyone can dislik the Beatles. thy're a gift to mankind.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 6, 2012

beatles 1

Simply put, this is some of the best "kids'" music ever recorded for grown-ups. Families can talk about how this music represents pop music nirvana. Each song is a gem, and hearing them one after another offers young listeners a mind-boggling treatise of the Beatles' lasting contributions to 20th-century music history. Discuss the music chronology with interested young fans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHazeJW May 5, 2012

I

I love the Beatles I think kids in there teens can relate to songs like Eleanor rigby because they feel lonely and unwanted at some times and that what's the song is about.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGreenRhino April 30, 2012

Collection of hits is nice for casual listening, not enjoyable for serious fans or interested listeners

The Beatles are, quite possibly, the greatest band to ever exist, and most certainly the greatest rock 'n' roll band. "1" offers insight into the Beatles discography, showcasing all of their number one hits. It's a great introduction for someone new to the Beatles, or as a compilation disc, but many of the most seminal Beatles tracks- such as "Norwegian Wood" and "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". Ultimately, this is a great way to introduce your children- or children around you- to the joy that is the Beatles. However, this shouldn't be taken as a definitive collection, or as a serious gift for a Beatles fan. If you're looking for more concise collection (or something other than a Beatles-related gag gift), "1962-1966" and "1967-1970" (known as the "Red Album" and "Blue Album" collectively) are much better, and offer a wider view of the Beatles
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2012

BEST BAND EVER

THIS BAND IS GREAT! but the thing is even though they have some drink, drug, and smoke refrences, i dont even think kids under 10 will even notice it or understand it, i mean, i didnt. plus, your kids should listen to music from the old days so they understand what good music was like and, and when everything wasnt about drinking, smoking, drugs, or sex. i mean in the old days there was some stuff admitingley but it wasnt CONSTANTLEY SCREAMING IN YOUR EARS!!
Kid, 11 years old September 4, 2011

best band ever

its ammaazziinngggggg i mean if you get the records which i highly doubt dont play the record backwards might scare your kids especially little ones but definetly greatest band ever. Highly suggest because rolling stones are good but get into theyre music career further and its just not for youngsters. Another band is the lovin spoonful one that just kinda popped in my head ive never really heard anything really bad from them either but remember this was the period of canabis etc so beware possible drug reference but i mean im 11 and own all beatles albums and tons of records and im surprised of how so many kids dont even know who the beatles are lets bring back the good music when people wrote theyre own music and didnt heavily edit to make it sound good paul mccartney is even good in concert (paul is my favorite artist of all tiimmee). paents dont need to really payattention or be worried theyre children will hear something inappropiete from the beatles and if so wont even really pay attention nor know what it means by th way dont listen to bluecastle obviosly they have no taste in music and listen to justin beaver and nicki manaj
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2011

BEST BAND IN THE WORLD

The Beatles will always be a trillion times better than Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Lil Wayne, and Ke$ha. The Beatles have wonderful, creative songs that every one will enjoy!
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2011

The Beatles are AWESOME!!!

Me, my sister, and my brother LOVE The Beatles!!!! We always sing to Hey Jude. And we're 12, 3, and 2 years old! Music is classic and good for all ages. THE BEATLES 4 LIFE!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymongofa June 10, 2011

A good starter

This album is obviously good. It has good songs on it, but I feel like it is good to discover the actual Bealtes albums because there are underrated gems that are just as good as the ones on here. This is a good starter though
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 9, 2011

I love this music, and I've been listening to it ever since I was about three or four years old.

The whole central theme of this compilation album is love, as is the theme of most other works by the Beatles, but there is one possible reference to transvestitism in "Get Back": "Sweet Loretta Modern thought she was a woman/but she was another man".
Teen, 14 years old Written byled zeppelin rocks April 30, 2011

the beatles are one of the best bands in the world!!!

well i was hearing it ever since i was like 6, so i never thought anything bad was in there till this past year or 2 i love all of it sept for "the ballad of john and yoko" i don't love it but i don't hate it. a quick little somthin for haters of anything don't hate, next year you might love it, trust me i know.