All member reviews for The Best Damn Thing

Narcissistic but spunky girl-power pop-punk.

Parent of an infant, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 year old Written bymykidsarebabies April 14, 2015

13+

TEENS MUSIC
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocoluv July 28, 2014

Great album

Surprisingly, I actually checked out this album at my local library when I was 8 or 9. >.< Watch out for the "D" word! ;)
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

Kinda immature in some ways.

tbh, this albums kind of immature for an avril album, but keep holding on is good.
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2012

good, but iffy.

its a good cd, but its iffy at times, first the bad things, swearing is in there, sexy stuff, hot is very sexy, listen to that before ur child does i say, the violent things r hardly anything, the only thing is she says, crash the car/and im gonna be really late. the good things r very good, runaway basiclly says that even on bad days, u can still be awesome.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParamoreAndMe37 December 23, 2011

Nice album for teens!

This album is awesome. Girlfriend is one of the best songs, but the message and the mother F aren't very kid-friendly. I'd rate the explicit version on for 14 year-olds and the cut version ify for 12-year-olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittleMinajWarrior December 18, 2011

Awesome! But not as good as her old music. True girl power!

This album is true girl power. Avril comes to a change in this album, a bit disappointing, but I still like the album. This is when her language use really takes a huge turn. Now she also uses "b*tch", "sh*t", and "f**k". That is also a bit disappointing, she didn't use to cuss so much. This is more of a girlie punk-pop album, unlike her first two. I still love it, and it's still fun and catchy. You can dance to it. But it fails to compete with her older music. Get the clean version. She still doesn't use any innuendo, which is good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byebjay555 November 10, 2011

Catchy

Fun, catchy songs. Language is definitely a big issue.
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox September 18, 2011

good cd

Messages about moving on, but does say sh*t and fu*k .
Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan August 1, 2011

My Fav!!!

Best D*** Thing is my favorite CD out of all of Avril's CDs. It has the most songs about making yourself happy. There is language that kids under 13 shouldn't use, but if your child understand the difference between good and bad, this CD is fine. It's has a clash of emotional songs (like "Innocence" and "When Your Gone") and upbeat, party songs (like "Girlfriend" and "Everything Back But You") Great!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

not too much bad language

Love this album, got it for christmas! I think the swearing isnt a problem. I mean, a little kid is going to learn those words like f***k, b***h, and s**t sooner or later. At least Avril doesnt use words like d**k and c**t.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrincessNoriBori December 28, 2010

If you can get past the swearing, it's not bad.

The music is catchy, but Avril comes off as INCREDIBLY full of herself and it's really irritating.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZarah November 12, 2010

Amazing!

I love Avril's music! She is an amazing singer and her songs teach girls to stand up for themselves :) Great role model!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySayuri796 August 30, 2010

12+!

A lot of language in the CD. If you go on YouTube, just type in the song then type "clean". That will take some of the bad words out.
Parent of a 9, 13, and 17 year old Written byPie Mama July 28, 2010

Girl power!

I love Avril, my kids do too! This is the dirtiest of all her CDs, just because of the bad words, but it has lot's of girl power, which me and my 2 girls love!
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2010

amazing
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byAlice in Texas June 29, 2010

I'll be honest, the song "Girlfriend" totally ruined it for me. It's got a great beat, catchy song, but the message is terrible. I don't want to listen to a song telling girls to steal someone's boyfriend.
Kid, 9 years old June 17, 2010

I LOVE IT!!!=]

avril is just trying to exspress how she feels,and shes probably the only female singer who isnt on disney channel that doesnt only talk about boy's in her songs and she doesnt let a boy get in the way of her life. its better than most stuff miley cyrus sings. i love avril lavigne,shes amazing.great album
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2010

Pfft, who cares about the language? She's just trying to get her message across and is teaching girls to not let any guy ever take advantage of you and things like that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPuppygal32 March 7, 2010

Great Album!

Avril Lavigne has made a very good album with some language. The S word is in there a few times and The F word once in Girlfriend. There is nothing bad in there other than a few explicitives here and there, no violence or mature themes. Just spunky pop for teen and older tweens!
Kid, 9 years old February 25, 2010

exspression in music!!!!

i like it and i think that avril lavine is a good role model because instead of talking about sex she talks about what she feels and exspresses herself in her music.nothing like lady gaga,brittany spears,and other female singers.she is very outgoing with herself and you can tell by her music and if she feels mad about something she just uses song lyrics to exspress them.i would tell anyone to buy this cd!!!!!:)