All member reviews for The Blessed Unrest

Kid, 10 years old March 18, 2014

the best

sara bareilles is my absoulute fav!!!!!!!! she is really tanented, and this is a great album. my fav song is i choose you.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybeautifulauras August 5, 2013

Mature album--Some kids may not understand, but really good altogether

Anxiously awaiting this album since 2011. Now that it's here, well, I love it, personally. But really, I think you have to know your kid. It's a mature album dealing with mature topics such as mortality (Chasing the Sun), consumerism (Little Black Dress is about not wanting to become something you're not just because somebody tells you to), brokenness, loneliness, inner strength, and, in true Sara fashion, heartbreak in a deep, spiritual sense. Don't be fooled by 'Brave'. While the album may start off poppy, the tone and the subject matter get pretty dark, even slightly morose on tracks like 'Hercules', and 'Satellite Call'. A lot of the metaphors/personification she uses will go over kids' heads, including 'Eden', 'Cassiopeia' 'a satellite', or 'the world's on fire' in their respective songs. So, to conclude, this is a mature album for mature kids. Otherwise, it's great. If your child can understand the metaphors, it is extremely inspiring and will make them think introspectively of their own thoughts and actions. Sara as a person and an artist, and even this album itself may touch their lives in truly amazing ways, and push them to do positive things they never would have done otherwise, like she did me, or just provide a source of peace, comfort, and amusement when needed. It's a good investment, so far.