Kid reviews for "The Cave" (CD single)

Brooding alt-rock single has mature themes.

Teen, 15 years old Written byopalescent April 10, 2015

I've listened to it millions of times and it hasn't gotten old.

I love this song. I don't know why, but I do. Mumford & Sons is my favorite band (along with Of Monsters and Men -- another great band) and this song is what made me sure that I loved them. Like almost all of their songs, it reeks with passion and bitterness and anger. Don't worry if you don't like country -- if you like alternative music, you'll love it. I'm only a kid and I love this song. It's perfect for deep thinkers and serious minds. I love every single one of their songs (that I can listen to, anyway), but "The Cave"? "The Cave" is golden.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCalcabrina June 28, 2012

Plato's allegory of the cave

My school loves this song because it can be APPLIED TO PLATO'S ALLEGORY OF THE CAVE! We are nerds. But anyway, this song is amazing. Look up the allegory of the cave and see what you think.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySummerGaal May 29, 2012

Yes! (If you're old enough.)

One of my most favorite songs, "The Cave" is somewhat uplifting and almost whimsical to me. It speaks of rising from the ashes of one's defeat, and beginning again to create a better ending. Some darker parts are mixed in, but it's to be expected for the topic. There is the mention of a noose around one's neck, but I personally take it as being figurative. I don't see many of the 14 and under crowd enjoying it, so you might wish to pass on it with them.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNirvana Girl July 26, 2011

I freaking love this song

I absolutely love this song! The music is near flawless, the singer has a wonderful voice and the lyrics are pure artistery! I think it's perfect for anyone really!
Teen, 15 years old Written bystripesanddots May 20, 2011
This song has a really great beat, but to be honest, the lyrics are kinda bizarre. I know that the song has an overall message of pushing through though times, but I just can't get past the lyrics.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAgentBartowski May 14, 2011

A moody, thoughtful song about perseverance through dark times

This is a moody single by an alternative Brit band called Mumford and Sons. The Cave is very catchy with a toe-tapping hook and folksy melodies sure to satisfy fans of most genres. It describes someone who has made many mistakes in life and is trying to get back to a normal life. Though the song is violent once ("won't let you choke on the noose around your neck"), the song ends up as an anthem for hope and recovery in dark times. The Cave is a fine choice that is much better musically than any number of auto-tuned rubbish tracks on the radio right now (hey there Ke$ha).

Teen, 15 years old Written bydavidgpsp March 16, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written bymnsymphony March 3, 2011
Might be appreciated more by mature listeners, but younger listeners will enjoy it as well.