All member reviews for The Chronicles of Life & Death (Death Art Version)

Interesting and evocative, but one CD is enough.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

New and Improved

On Good Charlotte's third album, the band continues to blend styles such as rock, pop, punk, and hip hop. There are even some electronic, almost techno, dancy parts this time around. The lyrics are still fairly simple and straightforward, not very offensive. Instead of leaning towards the sound of Green Day as they have in the past, Good Charlotte appear to have been listeing to more The Cure and Morrisey lately. This album finds Good Charlotte with their catchiest songs to date, as well as improved vocal stylings by lead singer Joel and his twin Benji, who sings backup and is one of the bands two guitarists ( the other one is Billy). Bassist Paul and new drummer Chris create the tighest rhythm section that this band has had yet. Highlights include the infectious second single "I Just Wanna Live," the surprising piano driven "The Truth," and the seemingly anti-war track "In This World (Murder)."
Teen, 16 years old Written bygeekoftheband April 9, 2008

it was odd...

I wasn't really sure about this album. It seemed kind of spooky instead of rockin'. I didn't really listen to it much...although I have it. The song 'I just wanna live' is the best and the catchiest and most advertised. Overall this was an okay CD, they've done better though. (Some people might like the darkness, but I just wasn't feeling it...)
Teen, 14 years old Written byKayleann18 October 24, 2012

Good Charlotte is still my favorite band

I got this CD when I was 5 and i like it but the young and the hopeless is better. There is really nothing bad in this CD.
Adult Written bySt_JimMy911 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byavatar April 9, 2008

i think it is a great band

good charlotte is the greatest band of all time
Adult Written byiluvryancabrera92 April 9, 2008

I love IT!

The album is outstanding! One of Good Charlottes best!
Adult Written bysoccer girl7 April 9, 2008

I love it!

Why is this 14+ It is totally find for 10+. Anyway this cd rocks. But I think I liked the young and the hopeless better cuz that was more of an immature cd and this 1 is totally serious, and has really weird beats in the beginning of some of the songs, but overall it's an awesome CD! Ps: If u like 'Good Charlotte' u'll probably like 'Sum 41'
Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008

pretty good

I must admit I'm in fact a closet Good Charloette fan. I usually listen to The Ramones (who are the greatest band ever) and The Clash. However when the sun goes down and no one else is around I like to crank them up and rock out to them.
Adult Written byPink Floyd33 April 9, 2008

this cd sux

this a crappy cd made by a bunch of sellouts and no good charolette is not one of the best bands of alll time the beatles pink floyd led zeppelin wats wrong with u?
Adult Written bymthschick2006 April 9, 2008

they did it again they sang about what is going on in their lives, just like their last cd it has helped me through so many things in my life
Teen, 14 years old Written byMJ000 April 9, 2008

UHHH!!!!

Okay, I don't really like this album, and I don't really care, the only reason I wrote this article is to critisize CS's views on the '2 CDs' thing. PEOPLE DO THAT ALL THE FREAKING TIME!! If you go on iTunes and browse for a while, I guarantee you'll find at least one album that is the "Bonus Track Version". I personally think that although Good Charlotte is a lame, mainstream, propagandish band, it's a pretty creative idea to make a "Life" version and a "Death" version.