All teen and kid member reviews for The College Dropout

Teen, 15 years old Written byblount27 June 29, 2011

lighten up parents

This is truely Kanye's best work . To all the strict parents out there ive been listening to rap like Tech N9ne and Jay-z since i was 10, ive watched South Park since I was 7 and this ive started varcity football as a sophemore played basketball and mantained a 4.0 throughout high school.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySean Broucek June 27, 2013

Really Good Song About Slavery Is Not For Kids.

THIS REVIEW IS NOT FOR THE COLLEGE DROPOUT. IT IS FOR THE NEW KANYE WEST SONG NEW SLAVES FEATURING FRANK OCEAN. Parents, this urban-style and poignant song about black slavery is very catchy and brilliant, but for adults only. Violence is pretty low, but includes references to slave torture and the recurring phrase "Blood On the Leaves". Sex includes Kanye West uses the term "sexy n--ga". Language is mostly the only concern here. Includes bulls--t, f--k, motherf--ker, c--t, c--ksucker, d--k, p---y, and the "N " word (The Most Amount Of Uses In Any Song). In the end, this one ain't for the kiddos.
Teen, 13 years old Written byianasdfghjkl February 13, 2011

most songs have decent messages

many songs in this album have good messages. not good if your kids are going to be immature about the sex references. overall, amazing album
Teen, 16 years old Written byPulp Exorcist February 6, 2011
Good Messages for a great album. One of the best hip-hop albums ever!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicDemon November 6, 2010
seirusly it is iffy for 17!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bytcpballa93 December 22, 2008

good album, not good for under 14 or so though

A great album. Not great for under 14 though, I would say one song has a great message. Jesus walks states the obvious that if you dont constantly cuss, refer to women as objects, talk about smoking crack constantly, or talk about taking out a whole neighborhood in a driveby you wont get far in the rap, such is the way of the world. This is a great album and if your kids are mature let them here it but much of the target audience are too troubled. I came from a good conservative background so i think i can handle it
Teen, 15 years old Written bycommentgirl58 April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byraulkidd52003 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bygOd_bLeSS_cAtAs... April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byfootballtime56 April 9, 2008

Great CD

This is a great CD for any young kid struggling to get in touch with God or to learn to do the right thing. It explains things in the language of today so that it is understandable.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybups April 9, 2008

One of the best albums from the rocafella label *and it's just his debut!

Kanye west brings up a lot of interesting things such as the social system and the ghetto. The only flaw i saw with this album was the large amount of skits which sometimes became annoying. But there is so much good on this album you almost forget about that. Jesus Walks, We Don't Care, and All Falls Down are great songs where we see the world from Kanye's point of view. Other songs Such as Slow Jamz and Through the wire also are very interesting. Overall one of the best albums of 2004.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBIG PAPA April 9, 2008

i laughed

i thought it was outstanding cause it has some words that you would never think that somebody who had drop out of collage talk like tha.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohan April 9, 2008

This is an EXCELLENT album for 14 and up...

I say fourteen because i was fourteen when I got it and found the content okay for me. I mean, I understood it all. It wasn't gratuitous most of the time. Just get the edited. Other than that, it's an EXCELLENT CD. True art. A fresh, jazzy, new, only-once-in-a-while really hip-hoppy style. It's rap and real MUSIC, not just a beat. And it's about interesting things. Some of the songs give goosebumps. The singing is excellent and the ryhmes are clever. It has something to say. I got this album SO long ago, and I'm still very able to listen to it ALL THE TIME and enjoy it very thoroughly. I love this CD! Buy it! A Hip-hop classic! Just get the edited version and everything will be okay. Kanye West is one of the greatest rappers out there. Forget 50-cent, he needs to retire. Buy Graduation and Late Registration too.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

amazing!

a must listen to kanye west did a great job on this except it has a lot of language and some sexuality but it's good!