All member reviews for The Cool

good cd

it is a good cd but sometimes it can have a lot of language and/or violence. if you r smart enough to remember that that stuff isnt good it is a good cd
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohan April 9, 2008

WHY DON'T MORE KIDS LISTEN TO THIS? An excellent, intelligent rap CD...

Lupe Fiasco is rap for smart people. An example of dumb rap would be, say 50 cent or Lil' Wayne, Chingy. But Lupe Fiasco is amazing. Intelligent, cool, goosebump-giving, awesome songs. This CD is too good. Parents, make an exception. Just get the edited version. It's a good one. The main word used is the N word and it isn't that frequent. Yes, there is violence, but it's all in an anti-violence message. Lupe never talks about girls in a demeaning way, more in a loving way actually. There are tiny references to drugs, but not in a bad way, and sexual references are not a problem. It's an excellent CD for those who wish to listen to good rap, instead "C" rap, or crap. Just buy it.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2012

The Cool

I am not a big fan of Lupe Fiasco, and i only listened to this because common sense media said it was 5 stars. I liked a lot of the songs that i heard, like little weapon, that was a little violent, but also talked about what led to it, and what the effects were.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzacharysm148@gm... April 28, 2011

This is my favorite album ever!

This is my favorite album ever! Lupe does use violence, sex and language to get his point across, but not as much as other rappers. Plus most middle-schoolers hear worse language at school and the sexual wordplay that is present will probably go over most kids heads. The main reason I don't reccomend this for younger kids is because it won't have as big an impact (and, you know, the language). Lupe encourages taking responsibility for your actions and is an awesome rapper overall. The beats are good too. Tip: If you do by this album, (which I really hope you do), make sure you listen to it in order. It's a concept album and if you listen tot he tracks in order, it tells a story and has a better impact.