All teen and kid member reviews for The Dark Side of the Moon

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe February 24, 2013

Fine album

"Money" was the very first song I heard from this album. I heard it play on the radio one day and I heard something get cut out. I listened to it and heard the uncensored lyrics: "Don't give me that do goody good bulls**t". When I heard "Brain Damage" lyrics: "The lunatic is in my head / The lunatic is in my head / You raise the blade, you make the change / You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane / You lock the door / And throw away the key / And there's someone in my head, but it's not me / And if the cloud bursts thunder in your ear / You shout and no one seems to hear / And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes / I'll see you on the dark side of the moon", I realized it referred to brain surgery. Luckily, it didn't frighten me as it would frighten those who listen to this album. Also, at the start of "Speak To Me/Breathe" we hear this piece of spoken dialogue: "I've been mad for f**king years, absolutely years, been over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..." I used the songs "Money", "Time" and "Brain Damage" in three of my YouTube videos. Plus, "On The Run", "The Great Gig In The Sky" and "Any Color You Like" are instrumental. And the song "Us and Them" contain these lyrics: "Me and you / God only knows it's not what we would choose to do"
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamspore February 17, 2015

Greatest album ever!!!

Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest album ever! It has tons of awesome songs like Time, Money, Us and Them and Brain Damage. It is more mature music also and is about greed, war, death, and insanity. It has a few swear words. On Money, there is one bulls***. On Speak to Me there is an f-word in the spoken dialogue but it is very quiet and usually cannot be heard well.
Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ September 1, 2015
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2016

Pink Floyd

The dark side of the moon is a great album. The language isn't that bad. The only language is 'bulls--t' and a very quite 'I'm f--king mad' but younger kids probably wouldn't get it. Over all it's a great 70's album, must hear
Teen, 13 years old Written byDauntless December 26, 2014

Great music!!!

I have loved pink floyd ever since my dad started playing their music on car rides. The dark side of the moon is probably their greatest album, just barely winning against the wall, animals, and wish you were here. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that likes to hear amazing things (I would hope that everyone does).
Teen, 13 years old Written byC.M.B April 10, 2013

REAL MUSIC RIGHT HERE!

Is it odd for someone whose 13 years old to be a very big fan of Pink Floyd? Well it shouldn't be! For those who are rock junkies, you WILL like this album! Trust me! To the parents, the only real problem that you will find is the language, e.g. at the beginning of the first track "Speak to Me" there is the line "I've been mad for f****** years" but is rather faint and the line on "Money", "don't give me that goody-good bull s***". Violence isn't much of a problem, the track "On the Run" basically sounds like the title, just very trippy and intense and at the end of the song there is an explosion. The topic of "The Great Gig in the Sky" is death although the narrator hints that it's just hypothetical. The topic of "Us and Them" is also on violence and war, although the message isn't too obvious and may take some figuring out. All in all, a rock classic for sure and if you are interested in this band, the only real album you should be wary of should be "The Wall" (especially the movie). The Wall album should be 16 years and older (for language and violence) and the movie IS NOT FOR KIDS (for language and especially sexual content and violence).
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheBeatlesPkmnFan42 February 18, 2013

Everyone needs to hear this.

I will start by saying this: I am a 16 year old Pink Floyd fan, who had even gotten the opportunity to go to Roger Water's The Wall tour back in May. That said, it should be obvious what I think of this album; I love it. While it isn't my favorite Floyd album like it seems to be with most Floyd fans, I still love it, as with the band's other 13 albums. Every track is absolutely amazing. The only thing I can think of that wouldn't be good for kids is the use of the word "bull****" in the song "Money". Apart from that, there's nothing bad in this album. I give it a 9/10, only because there are a few more Floyd albums I love even more.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPixie Fiyr August 8, 2012

One of the best albums.

Excellent album! Great music, great band. A few sketchy lyrics here and there but mostly the words are hard to understand or are waist deep in metaphors, so it shouldn't be an issue at all. Two or three cuss words but not graphic at all. Should be fine for 11+ unless they're really, REALLY immature.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymongofa June 22, 2012

Classic psychadelia

One of the best albums of all time. There is so much to love about this album, from the hypnotic keyboarding of On the Run, to the funky bassline in Money. The fact that is more mature music, makes this more appreciated by teens and adults