All parent member reviews for The Fame Monster

Adult Written byblaken November 27, 2010

This is complete B.S.

Lady GAGA is a role model and this website knows nothing! Just a bunch of overprotective parents who want to shelter their kids from everything until they are out in the real world and have no idea how to interact with one another! Sure Lady Gaga says some bad words but she isn't 5 years old she's 24! And OMG she said cigarettes lets call the police and start a war over it! if you don't like her you don't have to but don't start talking out your butt and bringing her down. Shes a great role model and is empowering everyone and trying to get equal rights for all. What would you rather prefer a rapper who talks about screwing and f-ing all the gays in this world or someone who accepts everyone for who they are. And excuse me did you go to her concert or ever meet her... don't think so! I went to her concert and she is amazing and such a great person! I love GAGA and idolize her. She sheds a new light on pop music and brings in fashion and new meaning to the word Pop Star. And also the people writing this review are most likely total republicans and since she is protesting SB1070. You don't like her because you are totally over IMMIGRANTS! But you know what if immigrants weren't here we wouldn't have S***! (Quote from Lady Gaga) Don't Hate but appreciate. LOVE YOU GAGA! Love Little Monster who has supported you from the very beginning Blake Nelson. <3
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybobsax November 17, 2011

Manners matter

Gaga is a somewhat talented musician but her behavior is often that of a spoiled child. She is most definitely NOT a good role model. A better role model and songwriter would be Taylor Swift. Also , The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum and The Jane Dear Girls all have songs that empower girls , not objectify them.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTheGman447 December 11, 2010

Great for tots!

Great for your younger kids, make this a great music choice for your tots! The positive lyrics are kid friendly and she is so funny! Make this a family choice especially for little kids and tots!
Parent of a 16 year old Written byLadygagalover September 6, 2010

She's awesome.

Love it Lady gaga is the best role model cause she teaches empowering and freeing once self.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bymikedaniels70 September 5, 2010

She promotes POSITIVE messages.

Lady Gaga is a performance artist that encourages her fans to free themselves and be who they truly are. She promotes individualism, and not conforming to society, or giving into what "everyone else is doing" How could you say someone that promotes such POSITIVE messages isn't a good role model??
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byKelly_P January 2, 2010

garbage

again, should have checked out this site and the lyrics sites for these songs before letting my 11 year old spend her iTunes card on this crud. Live and learn.
Parent Written byGaga Fan September 6, 2011

You can't let your kids listen to Gaga in a vacuum!

My daughter is a big fan of Gaga. Do I wish she admired Taylor Swift? Of course, but I have Gaga on my Itunes, so I really can't forbid her at her age. Yes, some of the themes of her music make me cringe. But I figure allowing her to listen and talk about it with me is better than having her sneak out and listen with only the input of her peers. Although it can be uncomfortable, I try to discuss what I like and dislike about her music and lyrics and hope she moves to another musical fad. It's too bad that such a talented performer has to lower herself to sell records.
Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written byBiii1992 February 1, 2011

Great for 12 and up.

I absolutely love this album. I've read some comments on how Lady Gaga just sucks and "go listen to some older music"... when it really is catchy and of this great decade. There's no basis in any of the negative comments. She tells people to be themselves (back in the day people didn't like to be open and happy, apparently). To comment on it negatively without giving it a chance is rather close-minded and, let's say, stupid. Smart people would realize that she can ACTUALLY sing and dance even though her music isn't to their taste. Give it a try, babes. If you're a responsible parent, children won't take the negative out of most songs, but the positive. <3
Educator and Parent of a 9 year old Written byLaurel Anne September 19, 2010

Lady Gaga too hot for kids - let them enjoy innocence.

Sure, she's a great artist with catchy tunes, but she is an adult artist who directs her music to adults or late teens. Can we please let our younger children be children and have some innocence for at least the first decade of their lives? Save the media exposure to drugs, sex, alcohol and swearing for later. How sad that we feel the need to expose them to this as early as 5 years old.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bycatdog12 January 1, 2010

Love it

well i don't think Lady Gaga write for 12 year olds...so its annoying when they are commenting on the album. Gaga is a genius and she makes her money by the only way she knows how. I love her music, it's very catchy.
Parent of a 7, 11, and 14 year old Written byjjmmwgdp June 23, 2011

Don't buy for anyone you care about, including yourself

Lady Gaga has a good voice and tunes are catchy. However once you've seen the videos, it is clear that she is morally bankrupt (at least onscreen). She is pushing sex and violence on young people in a headlong rush to get rich.
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

Gogs

Sex: Bad Romance- "Want your disease", "Leather study kiss in the sand" ---Alejandro-"Dont Wanna Touch"-----Monster-"we might have F-ed not sure" "We frenched kissed on a train." "Tore my clothes off." "ate my heart and brain." "Wanna touch her." "hot as hell"------Speechless-CLEAN-----I could die-"I touch my self" is repeated-----Telephone-CLEAN--------Dance in the dark-A bit sexy but not bad-----Teeth-"Want yo sex" "Take a bite o' me." "show me ur teeth"--------------------------------------------Violence:-Barly any but in "Bad Romance' there is a mention of sickness.-----------------------------------------------------------------------Swears: In bad romance there a 5 Bit-ches, in speechless there is one F-ck. In Monster there are 3 F-cks. In Dance in the dark there are two Bit-ches that echo.-----------------------------------------Drugs: Telephone is about bub, very naughty
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom July 11, 2010

Lady GaGa is making music mature.

Lady GaGa is a great singer and songwriter but she is starting to get a bit over the top now. Sexual stuff.."We've might've f--ked, not really sure," "I want to take a ride on your disco stick," and "I touch myself, can't get enough." That is not the sort of thing kids should be hearing and thinking GaGa is a role model. Lots of drinking references and violence in the songs. Bad romance is a bit over the top too. Don't bother for young kids.
Educator Written byyellowdiamond15 May 1, 2010

can'y judge it

I love lady gaga CRAZY is just who she is. Some people can't handle it. If you can't, the stop listening to it ]:
Adult Written byjlai559 March 26, 2010

The perfect pop album, with a deeper meaning below

To really appreaciate this album, you need to be old enough to understand the concept for this album. In the two short years that Lady Gaga shot to pop superstar-dom, she has encountered a number of personal "monsters." This album is essential a catharsis, where she addresses all her fears ans worries about fame culture and celebrity. At the surface, these 8 songs are pure pop confectionaries with very cathy hooks and lyrics. However, when you dig deeper into each track, you can see there is meaning to each song. The recently-released Telephone is, at face value, a song about a man trying to reach her phone, but it is really a metaphor for the phone in her head, telling her to work harder. On Teeth, it may seems she is singing about rough BDSM sex. Another meaning for Teeth though, would be her inability to deal with the truth.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 20, 2012

the fame monster

Families can talk about the behavior Lady Gaga sings about. Why do some young adults engage in risky behaviors like lots of drinking and sex with unknown partners? How can confused adolescents cope with emotional pain? What is Lady Gaga's allure? Is it her music, her style, or both?
Parent Written byMusic/Movies July 22, 2013

Sex: 10/10 ~ Violence: 0/10 ~ Language 8/10 ~ Drinking: 3/10

Many of the songs on this CD are either dirty of iffy. Even some of the positive message songs have drinking references or sex in them. The only really clean songs on this CD are Brown Eyes, Alejandro & Nothing Else I Can Say. They are about love and moving on, yet they are the only clean songs. Songs like The Fame, Speechless, Telephone and Starstrukk aren't dirty yet they have iffly lines like "After all the drinks and bars that we went to" and "Put your hands on my waist". For the rest of the songs, there is a ton of swearing including b*tch, f*cked, sh*t, d*ck, dam* and so on. But never mind the language, there is a massive amount of sex, probably in almost every song. Songs like Lovegame, Monster, Teeth and Summerboy revolve around sex. They use very sexual lines like "We might have f*cked, not really sure", "Don't want no money, just want your sex", "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick", "I'm educated in sex", "Got my as* squeezed", "Just bust that d*ck", "Get your as* in my bed", "It involves some heavy touching", "A boy and a girl and a HUH!", "Your hand on your huh", "Three seconds isn't enough for my heart" and "Take a bite of me". All of the other songs with less sex also include sexual lines like "bluffin with my muffin", "let's make out" ECT. So yes, this CD has tons of sex, swearing, and some drinking.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bychalbridge October 2, 2010

Is she your daughter's Mama Monster or Not?

.I love this CD and GaGa. She's inspired straight ( and gay) people to stand up for what they believe in. The only problem I have with her style of expression is the fact that smoking, tattoos, and sex seem to be glamorous and fun to her in music videos and in the studio. For example, the Alejandro video choreography showed that sqats and heavy touching equals a good talent in show biz? Listen very carefully and wisely when deciding on your daughter's favorite tune to dance to.
Adult Written byDemonOni December 29, 2009

Lady GaGa delivers a fantastic package.

Just to begin, I'm not surprised by the reviews TFM has received from kids. After all, I wouldn't expect children to be capable of appreciating such music, or such an artist in Lady GaGa. Fans of LG should enjoy the album, there are some excellent tracks to be found here. Being LG, you aren't going to get rainbows and sunshine, mature listeners shall have no problem, while the themes of the album aren't appropriate for young children, with vulgar and suggestive lyrics. Love her or hate her, LG's talent and uniqueness as a performer has led her to become one of the most famous female artists today.