All member reviews for The High Road

Teen's pleasant pop gets a little more sensual.

Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2009

good, looking forward

this girl is totally cute, very pretty and an amazing singer. and if its all fake, well, shes got great producers. but the things she sings about arent for a younger audience than, uhm, 10 or 11. theres too much about guys and not enough of the good wholesome girl-you-rock stuff. im looking forward to her next album, all i want is everything, which by the title doesnt sound very good. and, hopefully since its been 3 whole years since anything musical form her has come out, im wondering what the deal is. but im excited. i hope it wont be explicit. :D
Teen, 17 years old Written byrebma97 April 10, 2014

Excellent R&B/soul

JoJo is one of my favorite R&B singers - she has such an amazing, strong voice that's it's hard not to like it. I also don't listen to a whole lot of R&B, but I really like JoJo's. My favorite songs are "The Way You Do Me", "Too Little, Too Late" and "Note To God". There is some innuendo, notability in "The Way You Do Me", which is a giant double entendre ("Boy the way you do me/boy the way you do me/why you gotta be so good when you give it to me?"). And "Too Little, Too Late" has the line "Come with me, stay the night."
Written byAnonymous January 4, 2013

In 2006 JoJo 15 Years Old writing a song about sex.

Back in 2006 I got this CD and on #2 and guess what's Under there. The way you do me. ...and wait a second. This song is made by a 15 Year Old artist named JoJo. You can hear this song which is about sex. ...and she's Underage though this 2006 CD. She can't write that Until she's 18 Years Old. Not 15 that's bad thing to show JoJo.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

GO JOJO!!

this is one of the best CD's ever!!! is a must for kids of all ages!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhi7780 April 9, 2008

q

This CD is so different from her first one, and there's no way I'll be buying it. No offense to her, it's her choice, but that "The Way You do Me" song is so...ew. She's only 15!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybellalovehope April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymamma_of_3 April 9, 2008

I cringed when I bought this for my 11-year-old...

My 11-year-old girl got this CD for her birthday. I heard the lyrics, and they are a little to inapropriate for a 15-year-old to sing, let alone my daughter listen to it. I had to have a talk with my girl about this, so she understood!
Teen, 15 years old Written bycarlye April 9, 2008

Better than "JoJo", still not great

I liked this album much better that "JoJo". There were 3 songs I liked ("Too Little Too Late", "The High Road", and "Keep On Keepin' On") in this album as opposed to one in "JoJo". I don't think there was anything bad though.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKaM April 9, 2008

It's pretty good

Jojo's vocals are great on this album, I was kind of surprised however, to hear what some of the lyrics said, but I have it anyway.

she roxx!

Jojo is a really cool music artist that I'm sure teens will enjoy. I luv her song 'It's just a little too late' it's a cool song and I think she should just keep up the good work. Go girl!

this is ok 4 kids of any age there is a lot of stuff out there that is way worse than it

this is good music

this is good music her voice is pure it is something i can listen to
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Just as great, but a lot more sexuality

Sexual Content (Pause): Lots of flirting and innuendo that stops just short of explicit. Violence (Not an Issue): None. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): Positive messages about being and standing up for yourself. Commercialism (Pause): Mentions of her two films, Aquamarine and RV, in her thank you list. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): None.