All teen and kid member reviews for The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond

Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2012

Amazing Album.

It's a really amazing album. While it is a soundtrack for a blockbuster movie, the collection of songs is really fantastic and it perfectly reflects the story line conveyed by the books (I haven't seen the movie-YET!). It clearly took very much thought to sound like Appalachian music three hundred years in the future. There are a lot of songs about fear, hiding, and a death in coal mines is a strong theme.
Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2012

Great!

I got this because one of my fave bands is on it AND because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2012

Haunting Soundtrack to Blockbuster Hit Movie

This soundtrack is hauntingly beautiful. Every song is related to the movie with the violent theme. Certain instruments are created to make it creepy. There are some positive messages and role models throughout the soundtrack. Taylor Swift has two songs in this soundtrack. One, Safe and Sound, has an extremely haunting tone settling in the song. The other, Eyes Open, has a lighter tone in it. Both are wonderful. My favorite song in the soundtrack is Abraham's Daughter. There is one use of h**l. There is a lot of consumerism since it is Hunger Games. Good for 10+.
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2014

Inspiring

This album features many hunger games featured song that help build the characters from both the book and the movie. My favorite song would be "safe and sound" by Taylor smith.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart August 26, 2014

nothing explicit about this but

this has a lot of alternative music that kids won't enjoy...
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegirl47 June 22, 2013

A Good Message within music

This is a fantastic album! You must hear the songs.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBooknerd101 April 5, 2013

Buy it, listen, love

The Soundtrack. For the Hunger Games. Enough said.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookmusiclover June 15, 2012

Love. This. Album. :)

I absolutely love this album!!! It is the exact kind of genre (that alternative rock type) I usually listen to and I am pleased that that is what they chose for the hunger games! The only reason I chose 12 and up is that it has deep messages that younger listeners might miss. It is basically good for all listeners though. It has such beautiful music that is hauntingly depressing which makes you feel sad at times, and the hopeful happy music that makes you more upbeat. It perfectly ties into the hunger games, which is another thing I admire about it. I listen to it almost everyday. It is an album that I would recommend to any person that is a hunger games fan, no matter what age. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byErinVJordan June 9, 2012

Recommended

Some of these songs feature violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBelmarmoives May 27, 2012

BELMAR PRESENTS

good, brave, clean ,free speareted songs
Teen, 15 years old Written byMillyMolly May 3, 2012

Great music for different tastes!

A reason why I love these songs is because it's different from what's "popular" now, it's not pop and rap, but is more folk like, more peaceful. But yh definatly good songs and music!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjojogirl641 April 9, 2012

awesometastic

amazing! I LOVE THE ARCADE FIRE SONG!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2012

Song From District 12 and Beyond... Probably best for 10 and beyond

The album in itself is great and anyone can listen to it, but the music is very deep in context and meaning, so I think its best for people 10 and up so they can really listen and enjoy very soulful (and good) music.