All member reviews for The Marshall Mathers LP

Art at its most angry and offensive; NOT for kids.

Parent Written byJUBALILOL June 6, 2011

TRUTH

kids need a role model. eminem is a great example.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzoldyckassassin June 8, 2016

The greatest album I've ever heard

Lyrically fluent, honest, shocking, incredible album. Everyone can say what they want about Eminem, just because he is white. But this album is a near-masterpiece, each song is shockingly brilliant and is just incredible. Stan is one of the greatest stories I have ever heard in a song and songs like Criminal, Who Knew and The Way I Am are classic songs that told all his critics and haters to shut up and listen to what he had to say. He made this album with no fear and that is what makes this album so special. I rated it a 5/5 because it is indeed "The best!" rap album I've ever heard.
Adult Written byBrenny May 30, 2009

Extremely Violent

An excellent album, but it is super profane and violent. If you do not like offensive content, you do not have to listen to it. Period.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrallos March 31, 2012

Beautiful music for kids

Every song promotes positive behavior that all kids should try in every song, especially the songs "kill you" and "b*tch please II"
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2009

noooooooooooo :'-{

it was afending and skary dont let ppl listen to this booo!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymunoru July 27, 2014

Offensive

Very offensive in every possible way, but one of the best rap albums in history.
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2016

Love this album

I think that any average 12 year old can take this. Its not like no one knows what swearing and sex is. Eminem's music is reflection of self and if people think it is "wrong" then they are just saying "he shouldn't exposes kids to his life, its bad for them" which is just plain stupid. If you think you can take some sex and swearing, you will love this album.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyeahImaBrony164 April 18, 2016

My highest rating so far

let's start with just real quick, you can't rate titles by age. It's not efficient and it could be the reason we still have trouble with angry parents. What I believe if I had to make an age rating I'd like to start with this album is quite explicit, but it's all dependent on your child's maturity. You'll either risk your kid not being ready,or keep them from listening to one of the world's most amazing rappers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLinkTech267 March 18, 2016

Great album, but profane and violent.

While some songs like The Real Slim Shady are more lighthearted, the song Kim is EXTREMELY violent. However, I still am not changing my opinion on Eminem as a role model. This was his old days, when he was much more violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheProdigy November 17, 2015

buy tha edited version 4 little onez!!!

buy tha clean version. most of these songs talk about drugs and violence.
Adult Written byAwesomeness142 February 26, 2015

Too innapropriate

Not ok for kids
Adult Written byitv1 November 30, 2014

Best album ever

In his second album eminem deals with much more mature themes than his first one. Kids and younger teens should not listen to this because they might begin to think that domestic violence such as slitting your wife's throat or shoving her in a trunk and driving off a bridge. The album features almost every bad word that you can think of except for the "N" word. In one song a man drinks a bottle of vodka and drives off a bridge with his wife in the trunk. Unlike other rappers eminem talks about issues that aren't just about sex and drugs. He raps about the consequences of these things and what they can do to a person because of the messages that slim shady delivers this album is best for older teens who can understand the mistakes in life that he sings about.
Teen, 16 years old Written byleog123 September 6, 2014

Ehh

In my opinion the album isn't even THAT BAD. Sure it may have alot of bad words but it isn't even that bad. The only bad thing about it is the "Ken Kaniff" skit. That is horrible, good god i never want to hear that again. Besides from all of that i think anyone should listen to it, because it's just music, and it's all FICTION. I'm so sure kids are gonna go up to people and cuss and be bad. It's just music, and if they end up doing that, that just tells you that their parent's didn't raise them better.
Kid, 10 years old September 4, 2014

not ok for kids and young kids.

pretty bad,then you hear stan or kim.NOT OK FOR KIDS AND YOUNG TEENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJimmyboy13 June 25, 2014

Great for the whole family!

Bring your grandparents bring your young kids he's influential and he's a boss!
Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2014

OK

Uses of every word but mostly b---h f--k and s--t a couple of uses of n---a and f----t and w---e and fagg and in ken kanniff he says oh just suck it nice and slow now throughout the song
Parent of a 14 year old Written byJarHead May 12, 2014

One of the bests

This Album is one of the greatest Hip Hop albums of all time. All your kids should listen to it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBerzerk November 13, 2013

WOW

This CD is amazing. But Its very very VERY Explicit. Los of drugs sex and violence. It also has alot of cursing. But its Eminem so.... Its still awsome.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2013

great-for older teens

This is honestly one of the best rap albums there is. This review is probably very biased because i really like eminem. This album while being very good is also very sadistic, homophobic, sexist, and otherwise sick in the head. While i'm not trying to defend these things the album gets less offensive once you realize that the album is told fro the viewpoint of the fictional character slim shady. But still the album is all the things listed above and more. But those things make the album more unique. Eminem has a gift for being offensive and he's at the top of his game here. Which of course means that this album is not for kids. I probably shouldn't listen to it and i cringe every time i hear the track kim (which is not for kids of any age whatsoever it is really messed up). But what it all comes down to is the quality. This CD has a great ability to tell a story. The song stan is very interesting and brings a tear to my eye every time I hear it. other great songs are the real slim shady and marshal mathers. In conclusion this lp is great if you are old enough to handle it and are not easily offended
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver May 24, 2013

Great Album

"The Marshall Mathers LP" is brilliant but has tons of explicit content. Language includes frequent profanity such as f**k, s**t, b***h, a**, d*mn, h*ll and more. Sexual lyrics can be explicit, can be mild. Violent lyrics are things such as weapons, killing and more. Therefore, your teen must be very mature to listen to this album. If your 13 year old wants to listen to this, they must be very mature.