All member reviews for "The Monster (ft. Rihanna)" (CD Single)

Teen, 17 years old Written byUnicornOnFire November 21, 2013

Meh.

A disapointing RIhanna collaboration.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2013

Okay song.

I can hardly understand what Eminem raps. Though this is an okay song, they reference to monsters which scare many young kids. So I would recommend this to ages 12 and up who like rap music.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymusicforver November 21, 2013

Borderline Track

The Monster is definitely a new radio smash. It is only explicit because it uses f--k and s--t once each in the third verse. Good track, if you're a fan of Eminem or Rihanna (or mainstream music), you will probably like this track. Mostly for 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwistedlover123 November 29, 2014

The song itself is about fighting inner demons. Or in his case, his fame demons. It has some positive things about, besides the cursing it's overall and interesting song for older kids.
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2014

TWO LETTERS: NO

THIS IS THE MOST INNAPPROPRIATE SONG EVER WRITTEN! THE SANG PART IS FINE, BUT THE RAP IS THE WORST! PARENTS, DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT LETTING YOUR KID LISTEN TO THIS SONG!
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsthecodysseus862 September 27, 2014

Review

Good Song but remember that rap has well, rap language
Kid, 12 years old April 26, 2014

Cool Song

This song has a good beat, good rapping and good lyrics. Some minor swearing otherwise cool song!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEminemHopsin123.J April 12, 2014

Amazing song. Fine for everyone

I think this song is appropriate for everyone. There is only one use of f-ck and sh-t and that's all parents should be cautioned about. The music video is also kinda dark looking but that's it. There is also an inspirational message in the song about there being a monster inside you. Eminem is also a very good role model.
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2014

F Word!!!

It's like I'm here to save the f**king children.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 6, 2014

come on

ok just get edited version theres one f@#king and one s#@t but 7 no not to say those words by now and compared to some other em songs this is nothing but his old ones like without me are the best
Teen, 13 years old Written byBoyOfDestiny55 February 4, 2014

The Monster Actually isn't Such a Monster CSM...

This song is the first Eminem title I actually listened to. Although CSM does have a point with the swearing and "Violent" section, I don't agree. I mean sure, I would have if it was in the slower pop section. But it's not. Its in the heavy rap section. Eminem's raps, unlike Macklemore, are extraordinarily fast and hard, to the point where it would make no difference if he was singing about how care bears would fail in a 1 on 1 match against rainbow dash. It is so fast, I TRIED listening to the explicit version and couldn't hear the swear words OR the violent section. Only about15 percent of his words are understandable, and they are squeaky clean. Common sense has a point, but you just can't hear it! Its an awesome song, especially for people getting in to Em, so don't restrict it from your child because of 2 profanities lost in a raging sea of words...
Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2014

Inspirational Song

Honestly I think that common Sense media is WAY to harsh and i spucking up all of the bad things about this song. I started listening to eminem when I was 10 and you just have to be mature about the bad language. I understand how eminem's music can be explicit and violent but this song is actually very clean there are only 3 bad words. This song is inspirational and has a good message. It helps promote self confidence and says that you can face anything. The entire concept about Monsters might be a little scary but i am sure with all of the violent things happening today children might be more mature. I would not say Eminem is a good role model because of the fact that he has been to jail 3 times and harassed h is mother. In all, if you stop your kids from listening to this song they will be missing out on a really good song with a positive message.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 18, 2014

Good song, though Eminem isn't clean and is annoying

The only reason kind of I like this song is because of Rihanna. Eminem is swearing, and most of all, YELLING at you for NO reason. If I could listen to a version without Eminem, trust me, I would!
Kid, 12 years old December 16, 2013

Surprisingly appropriate content from master rapper eminem

The only bad stuff i heard which gave this review its pause for 12 is one f word.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybscgirl November 30, 2013

The Monster (ft. Rihanna)

i think its good that the song is expressing the truth and can help kids with a similar problem so i think its fine