Kid reviews for "The One That Got Away" (CD Single)

One of Perry's cleaner songs -- despite a few iffy lines.

Kid, 11 years old August 30, 2020

Positive portrayal of love

This song shows an ideal romantic relationship. It has a bit of inapro-pro behavior discussed, but other than that it's amazing.

Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2015

Sweet song is sometimes mature

There is some sex and drinking references but tweens and teens should handle it.

Kid, 10 years old October 19, 2013

Nice song, but has a few iffy lines.

Cleaner than other Katy songs. Consumerism: Mentions Johnny Cash, and a Mustang. Drinking drugs smoking: One line goes, "stealing your parents liquor." Sex: One lyric goes "making out in your Mustang." Other than that, it's okay.

Kid, 9 years old December 4, 2012

Hear the Audio Version

i think that for kids under 12, that they should hear the audio version, the video is kinda iffy.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTaylorSwiftFan8910 August 21, 2012

Don't listen to the clean version!!!!!

Great song unless you play the ultra clean version "on my 18th birthday you got me some balloons!!!!"
Teen, 13 years old Written bysammirox13 June 13, 2012

Great song, a few risky lyrics

I love this song, and I think it's one of Katy Perry's best. Of course, I'm saying this as a big fan of the cake, candy, and confection-loving idol. Yes, there is a few lines in the song that have 'inappropriate content', such as "...we'd steal my parent's liquor and climb to the roof..." and "...and on my eighteenth birthday, we got matching tattoos..." But it's not like children don't know these things exist. But, if your child is very impressionable, I'd talk to them about the legal drinking age, and how alcohol can damage your body, as well as the fact that tattoos aren't always a good idea.

Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 4, 2012

Good, but could be better.

Not the best Katy Perry song, but worth listening too.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 15, 2012

Great job KP!

Sure Katy Perry said "stealing your parents liquor",and yes she said "We make out in your Mustang".But the rythm is amazing! So shut up Common Sense.

Teen, 14 years old Written byYoshipie May 6, 2012

A bit unclean, but still fantastic

Some lyrics are a little inappropriate, but overall, it is fantastic. The tune is absolutely catchy, and is such a powerful ballad. Parents should just be aware of this content and then ultimately decide if it is appropriate for their children or not.

Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2012

Video so sad

Omg, the video is SOOOO sad, great song
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

GREAT SONG!!

I think this song is great for all ages honestly! Making out and liquor isn't the worst. I mean, seriously, that's REALLY the worst she could say? Y'all are better than that. NO OFFENSE ;D

Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2012

More age-appropriate than most of her songs

Typical Perry song, with less sexual innuendo and negative messages, although a few steamy lines like "make out in your Mustang". References to liquor.

Kid, 10 years old January 24, 2012

Ok song

I love this song. I think its ok for kids 10 and up.
Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2012

Great Song, Nice Lyrics, Perfect for Children - Teens :)

To everyone out there, this a is a very great song! It shows strong emotion that is somewhat sad, but this song is appropriate for all ages in MY opinion:). Mentioning liquor is no big deal to me, and probably not to most people. Also, "make out in your Mustang" isn't that bad either. I think there is nothing inappropriate about this song! :D

Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2012

One of Katy's best songs yet

Great song! I love the tune and the music. I am a fan of Katy Perry's music but this is one of my favorites.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiki111puppy January 10, 2012

it's an ok song

not the best song ever, but it's good because it's not inappropriate and i think anyone over 9 or 10 can listen to it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMillyMolly December 30, 2011

great love it!

one of my favorites of hers, really sad video

Kid, 10 years old December 24, 2011

awesome

it not bad

Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2011

katty perry

its goood but also bad in different