All member reviews for The Rising Tied

Classic hip-hop with a message -- for older teens.

Teen, 16 years old Written byfatcatmikez April 9, 2008

If You Like Linkin Park...

Than you will like this. This has the man who raps in Linkin Park. This is one of those CDs that turns you on to the genre even if you might not like it. I'm white and I don't like rap, but I like this CD. The main thing bad about this CD is the language. There is a good amount of strong profanity. It's not nearly as bad as regular rap because there is no sex. Also, there are drug refrences, but it dosen't glorify them. If you can get past the profanity, nothing else is much of an issue.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySmartOne August 10, 2012

Great.

This album is one of the most well-written hip hop albums EVER. Mike Shinoda did a great job of portraying his thoughts into this record. It has violence and drug use, but it is not encouraging it, rather discouraging. I think it is fine for ages 13-15 for the clean version, and over 15 for explicit, because of excessive swearing.

Great music, not for children.

As much of a lowbrow person as I am, this is so obscene it hurts. So much sexuality not even thinly veiled, the f-bomb shall be droped.... HARD! And not only in the average "f**k you" kinda way, In the sexual way.But, it seems, the song "Remember the name" is quite popular (or...was...) So, if you can find a radio edit, listen away! If not, you should be 15.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymamasboy306 April 9, 2008

Awesome

I love it. I don't love the profanity.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhitesoot April 9, 2008

Great album.

I think Mike is an excellent and creative rapper. If you have heard cussing before, this should be no sweat for mature teens. Even pre-teens should look into this album if they can avoid the occasional "bad words".

gOOD aLBUM

This IS a Great ALBUM bUT iT has Refferences To Sexual Pleasure
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2011

Good Message for teens

Good message if u like linkin park you will love this. Fort minor ROCKS! Theres a bot of language but has an over all good message. It is just stupid to rate it iffy for 16.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjessica.horsecrazy January 7, 2011

M. Shinoda and the gang make a rockin' rap record

Ok, I think the rating of iffy for 16 was a bit harsh on 'The Rising Tied'. Yes, there is swearing in some of the songs, but you can just download the clean version off Ovi Music and that's sorted out. There is some talk of violence, but it is shown in a negative light as is anything to do with consumerism, drinking and drugs. You must also remember that Mike Shinoda is a very good role model and a talented musican and that a lot of his view points and morale standards are reflected in his music. However, this is NOT an album for younger kids, though I highly recommend it for Linkin Park, Eminem and Jay-Z fans aged 15+.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 October 22, 2010

The Rising Tied is a very well done album. There are so many songs on this album that I love and listen to quite often. I like almost all of the songs on this CD. There are a balanced amount of slow (er) song, and faster paced songs. There is some language, but not in every single song, just in a few. And talk about violence also.
Parent Written byThe The September 12, 2010

I AM NOT A PARENT

OK, how can this be iffy for 17 year olds (I'm talking to you, common sense media)? When you're 17 you're an ADULT. Remember the Name is a great song, it just has the F-word a few times. Nothing too bad.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2010

Really gets you pumped, great album.

Remember the name rules and it pretty much sums up the whole album-lots of langauge, but good and not as explicit as it could be.
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2010

Awesome!

I love this song! It totally gets you pumped!
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2010

Ive only heard remember the name. like so many other songs, its good but innapropriate. remember the name is extremely explicit though saying bad words frequenly, about 7 in one part, but besides that part there is one h word and one stupid, which isnt all that bad though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bye.autumn January 8, 2010

This is a BRILLIANT album. At first, I wasn't much into Fort Minor (even though I like Linkin Park) because it sounded too hip-hoppy to me. Once I started listening to the lyrics, though...wow. They address social issues of the past ("Kenji") and the present ("Right Now" and "Where'd You Go?"), as well as talking about Shinoda's journey as an artist ("Remember the Name" and "Get Me Gone"). Advanced vocabulary (for rap, especially) is also used--and pointed out ("Get Me Gone"). Catchy but smart--the only issue I can think of is the swearing (however, your child has likely heard swearwords by now anyway--if not from your own mouth than at school).
Adult Written byKS25 April 9, 2008

Awesome CD!

I love these guys, and I love linkin park. It has some profanity but they are amazing tracks none the less.
Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverclm April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Okay I guess

Fort Minor says way to much bad words for 1 to 14 year olds.There are many other CDs that rap like this but without the bad words.

Nice.........Actually Awesum!

Actually, The Rising Tied is a very good album. Although I don't own it, my dad bought it on his iTunes. So, Where'd U gO is a very sweet song as it touches ur heart. Bad language is no big deal for mature teens and preteens. LOVE MIKE SHINODA!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byevildude32 April 9, 2008

A very good CD but watch out for all that cussing...

If you are a fan of Linkin Park then you will like Fort Minor. It's got the rapper of Linkin Park, Mike Shinoda. The CD is very awesome and has some good messages/social commentary (i.e. poverty, AIDS, greed, death, etc.) but there is a lot of language. I found a lot of F-words and S-words as well as violent content and talk about drugs like tobacco, alcohol, and marijuana. But still, Mike doesn't glorify the use of drugs or any of that. In fact, each song has a different message. Always good. This is a good CD for 13+ but watch out for all the F-words and S-words. If you're annoyed by that I'd recommend 15+ if you're conservative-minded.