All teen and kid member reviews for The Time of Our Lives

Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2010

Its Okay..

Although over these years, I really don't like who Miley's becoming. But, I can't help but to sing along to this wonderful album. For kids 7 and below, I'd recomend the 'Hannah Montana' albums, labeled by 'Disney'.... or 'Breakout', which has more kid friendly music.. and is even better then this one in my opinion. The only song I would watch out for with really young kids is 'Talk Is Cheap'. Other then that, a pretty good album.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySelenaGomezfan110 November 26, 2010

Age 8 and up: age apropriate. Ages 7 and under: not age apropriate. What People need to know is that this album is OK for kids. Just as long as they are 8 years of age and older, otherwise no. There is some iffy Language, Like "P*ss"(I know I know; it's not a bad word but my mom doesn't like me saying it), and there is is talk about Ciggarretes, but she's not neccessarily advocating them. There is some References to desire: like "Im youre favorite obssession" and the like. So this Album is very edgy, but it only has one foot hanging off the cliff.(iff thats even possible!)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySalimullah August 25, 2010

Forget about buying it!!

:/ pretty bogus if u ask me!!!!!!! Although one of the singles Party in The USA is nice but apart from that,... ...:/
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina August 7, 2010

This is a long rant, I sorta forgot to talk about the CD...

Christian_girl, I think you are one of the smartest people in the world right now. I wish I was nearly as wise, I use to be, but 'depression' hits hard. Anyway, I totally agree. Miley needs to relax, take long breaths, and think, "is it really worth it? Is this really you?" and "Is this making you feel better?" because I know she's feeling some sort of pain, everyone does. And if she thinks she needs help, she should just say it, I'd respect her more if she got someone to help her. Acting like a total tramp will make it harder. Oh.. by the way, the song isn't one of my favorites. The "You know you want me, I'm your favorite obsession" is a little.. gaggy. I dont know why they call her a Disney Princess at all, and did they really NOT see this all coming? I saw it coming, it always does. She is disprespecting herself, she says she's just celebrating her new weight loss... what weight loss? She always looked fine to me, maybe its muscle... anyway, it makes me cry knowing this is everyone's way to go now, I literly cry in my room knowing people live that way. People are straining from God, thinking believing is all of a sudden 'lame' and taxes are more important. (I like ranting, deal with it please) But Miley, you have several little girls that follow you no matter what, and I know thats a big burden, but try helping them may be a way to help yourself. I once heard two little kids in a theature: a little boy and a little girl, at least 7, were pretending to be "Miley Stewart" and "Jake Ryon" and began to kiss. Why cant shows be more kid friendly? Why can't music? Whats wrong with being a kid? I may have lost my interest in dolls, but the kid in me is still very real, and last year if anyone asked if I still played with dolls, I would have said. "Yes. Why? does that bother you?" I was proud of it, because I wasn't going to let anyone push the real me away just because I'm not what THEY consitter 'cool' But when they're older, there 'drug' usege and trampy behavior wouldn't have been worth it, because it left a big hole in their life ahead. And I feel a little for Miley, I mean her parents have no clue how to punish a child when its needed, just to spoil. And they need to start taking control, she might be doing this to get yelled at, its hard to explain... well, I dont hate her, but I dont like her actions. People can easlity say they "hate" her, without even trying to understand. I'm not taking sides. I'm just pointing things out to people to actually stop bashing for a second. But Miley, the excuses are getting old.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian_girl June 22, 2010

Maybe I Should Sell My Copy Now

"Miley Cyrus? Who's that? She's Hannah Montana? She's so cool!" This is the cry of millions of children around the world. It used to be me, too. Then I found out. Now, I'm closer to the parents' cries of, "What is she doing? She's seventeen! She's just being a brat." I'll note that these are in my own words. I believe Miley Cyrus is being a brat. In my book, anyone who's taking pictures like she has automatically gains the role of brat. The first bad thing I heard about Cyrus was when she was on the cover of Vanity Fair magazine. Two years ago, Cyrus posed for a magazine cover where she had her back to the camera and appeared to be topless. The magazine later clarified she was wearing a top, you just couldn't see it on the camera, meaning that they intentionally implied there was a topless fifteen-year-old girl on the cover, which isn't really much better. Rumors fly that her parents were near the set when the picture was taken... just standing there... acting like it's nothing. IT'S SOMETHING!! Cyrus later said, "The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots."--Wait, pictures as in more than one? Classy.--"I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect."--Cyrus, we know you're not perfect. We figured that out two years ago.--"I never intended for any of this to happen,"--No, you were kidnapped!--"...and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone."--Here I am!--"Most of all, I have let myself down."--What happened to the children of America, your disciples? Aren't they more important?--"I will learn from my mistakes and trust my support team."--Well, she'll trust her support team, anyway. That proves it. Miley is not Hannah Montana. (By the way, Hannah Montana is a teen's show, not a kid's show.) Have you even seen the cover for her new album? I saw it today and I'm in a rage and a cry as I type this. Look up the album cover. It's not pretty. The name of it is "Can't Be Tamed." She has admitted that she thinks this stuff will make her more adult. She also wants to be unique. May I note that every American teenager wants to be unique? In their fruitless efforts to be different, they form groups of people, each one of which are exactly the same because they all want to be different. If they go to another school, they'll meet another group just like theirs. They seem to think that God made them the same as everyone else and that only they have the power to make themselves special. I'm special because I don't try to be. I just am. I love the way God made me and I'm not going to change from that just so I can be different than everyone else. And, Miley, this kind of behavior is not going to make you more adult. You're trying to grow up too fast. God not only made you, He chose when you were born. He decided when you would grow up. He's God, so I think He knows what He's doing. You're a Christian, you should know this. It's okay to be a kid once in a while, Miley. I was having the time of my life playing with my Buzz Lightyear action figure all day today. I held it up in the air while running around in circles and making buzzing noises. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm proud. People regard that as a kid's thing because it doesn't fit into the video game world. It's not popular, therefore it belongs in the trash. It's usually the same way with people. I say Buzz goes on the top shelf, along with Mr. Potato Head. So-called experts say if you so much as sleep with a stuffed animal after the age of five, there's something wrong with you. That's not true. Maybe you just think it's comfy. Maybe it reminds you of your childhood you're wise enough to want to remember. Maybe you can't remember the last time you had it but it still brings you that warm, fuzzy feeling. Remember Hannah's Beary bear? Not only is it okay to be a kid, sometimes it's better to be a kid. To be a child is not to be immature, to be immature is to be a child. Make friends, sell albums, but don't be willing to do anything to fit in. I fit in with God and Jesus. There's nobody who doesn't. They're all I really need but I also have Mommy and Daddy. Bonus! Miley, I know you're supposed to be yourself but that doesn't include all of this. You've forgotten that being yourself is different from following your heart. Sinning is human nature but we can do good and be ourselves at the same time. I think everyone can stand to learn this lesson. No one of any age seems to know it. And, everyone, you don't need to be rich or famous. I believe my calling is to touch people's lives as a regular person. Not rich. Not famous. Not popular. Someone they can relate to. That's the way God made me. I actually prefer my job over Miley's. I think that's what I'm doing here. I'm just a person who happened to stumble onto a website I liked. Apparently you did the same. Or did God lead me here and put these words on the page Himself? Don't try to be different. Try to be good. Nobody's good anymore so that will make you different enough as it is.
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2010

Awesome CD!

The songs rock,ecspecially Party In The USA.Go Miley!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjessica.horsecrazy April 13, 2010

Good for 12 +

Miley Cyrus is huge all over the world in the minds of many young girls. Kids as young as seven-years-of-age listen to her music whether the songs are by her or her TV personality, Hannah Montana. However, I feel pretty strongly that this new album of hers is not suitable for younger kids. Sure, it has the same Pop/Country genre as the rest of her stuff, but the lyrics are more mature and the feelings of the songs are way too advanced for young tweens. On the other hand, it is a perfect album for teens like me. However, there are a few issues. Miley swears in the song ‘Talk Is Cheap’ (I’m so p--sed off, always hanging around). ‘Party In The USA’ is all about Hollywood, being famous and clubs and ‘Obsessed’ is about obsessing over someone. On the other hand, ‘The Climb’ is about the journey of life and meeting all your challenges and conquering them, ‘Before The Storm’ (duet with the Jonas Brothers) is about the mature and sad ending of a relationship and ‘When I Look At You’ is about a sincere love of someone. So, therefore, the album pretty much balances itself out. It also is fifty-fifty in terms of the songs I like. I adore ‘Kicking And Screaming’, ‘Time Of Our Lives’, ‘Before The Storm’ and ‘When I Look At You’, but I hate ‘Party In The USA’, ‘Talk Is Cheap’, ‘Obsessed’ and think ‘The Climb’ is boring. On that note, I suppose it is up to you to make your mind up about this album. Overall, ‘Time Of Our Lives’ is a pretty decent Pop/Country album and appropriate for kids aged 12 +. - Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytaymomsenfan April 6, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written bypurrplefrreak96 March 30, 2010

The songs in the album itself are written and composed very well. The only problem is the actual singing. MIley cannot sing at all and should not. The songs should still be sung, but by a different singer.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywatermelon200 March 17, 2010

i love this cd it sooooooo awesome, MILEY CYURS ROX!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old December 29, 2009

???

Well, I say 10+ but me being myself, I think I'm mature enough that I can listen to it a little. The songs are catchy and I can't stop singing Party In The USA. I think that they rate that too high in age. In this on magazine it even said that it is 4 8+ But that's only my opinion. Now about the sex yeah lots of that. And in Party In The USA you can tell she's just trying to be sexy. Her shorts are way too short and her top is not very appropriate so this is not the best of Miley but I say 10+ unless your a mature enough.
Kid, 12 years old December 20, 2009

I think the song "the time of lives" is very bad. The song is saying go out and have the time of our lives,that is showing kids to go and be bad!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2009

ok

the alblum is OK for kids!
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2009

perfect for girls 12 and up.

this cd is probably not age appropriate for 11 year olds like me, because of the things she talks about in the songs. (smoking, clubs, some bad words). but, i mean, i still appreciate the album!!! the songs are very catchy, and im a more mature 11 year old, so i think that her latest album is ok for my ears.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMyWinterFirefly November 8, 2009

Perfect For Older Kids But Not Tweens

It's a good album. She has grown up a lot since breakout. It is a great album for teens but tweens. There are good messages but the language may offend tweens or really protective parents.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2009

Loved this album!! i own it, and it rocks!! i know Party in the usa, Kicking and screaming, Talk is cheap, all by hart!! :)))
Teen, 13 years old Written byNot_Interested October 30, 2009

Bad at all

This is the worst track ever boo
Teen, 16 years old Written bybriannababy October 25, 2009

Kid, 10 years old October 24, 2009

i loved 'Party In the USA' but on the video has some very mild parts like dance moves that are not appropriate, bad language, they talk about drugs and beer and meeting at bars and other stuff! WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO MILEY CYRUS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2009