All member reviews for The Truth About Love

Great music, but a fair amount of profanity, sex, partying.

Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2013

Great album, but a little pushy on the cussing.

I love this album!! I think it has very great songs, and I like the patterns of the beats, and best of all, Pink's voice. The songs are catchy, and soon they're caught in your head, like a fly in a spider's web. Now, onto suggestions. I honestly think this album is okay for 11 and up, only if they can take uses of "f---", "s---", "sl--", "w----", "d---", and more in that manner. I know that sounded weird for me to say it is okay for 11+, and then I say many cuss words, but only certain songs are some you need to look out for. Look out for "Walk of Shame" and "Sl-- Like You", because they cover up almost all of those words. I advise an older person listening to the songs first, then letting a younger one listen. It depends on your child. I personally have no problem with it. I think you'll enjoy this album!
Parent Written byMusic/Movies July 22, 2013

Sex: 3/10 ~ Violence: 0/10 ~ Language 8/10 ~ Drinking: 5/10

Great songs. Some are slower, some are rock songs, some are upbeat, some are emotional... many different songs. The songs mainly have good messages like Try, Run, Beam Me Up, The Great Escape... ect. They deal with topics like love, being yourself, loving your family, never giving up, having a good relationship and so on. However, there are some songs that are positive, yet iffy because of swears. Songs like Blow Me One Last Kiss, Truth About Love, Are We All We Are & Here Comes the weekend are fun songs and don't have terrible messages, but they use words like sh*t, bit*h, d*ck, f*ck and so on. There are even some songs with bad messages like Sl*t Like You and How Come You're Not Here, ect. They talk about cheating, lying to a partner, having one night stands, drinking, and even f*cking. So over all on this CD, there is a lot of swearing and drinking content, and even some sex. Although there are positive songs for tweens, there are too many inappropriate songs for young ears.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2013

WONDERFUL

Amazing soundtrack. If any language issues, find clean versions
Parent of a 3 and 10 year old Written bymomoftwoplusone June 14, 2014

Love this album... for when I'm alone in my car

I love this album, but I can't in good conscience allow my (almost) 11 year old to listen to certain songs. Slut Like You is highly inappropriate, the others are alright, but I always skip that one when my kids are in the car. Even True Love has some inappropriate language and Blow me One Last Kiss has a suggestive edge to it. I just think that the tween crowd would be exposed to way more than they're mature enough to process by listening to some of these songs.