All member reviews for "The Way (feat. Mac Miller)" (CD Single)

Nick star offers up slightly suggestive song about a bad boy

Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2013

Former Nickelodeon star spices up some things with sexy single

"The Way" is an R&B single by Arianda Grande and Mac Miller. The song only carries a problem in sexuality. The song talks about how the singer "love[s] the way" her partner engages in sexual intercourse with her. I recommend this single to anyone older than 9.
Written byAnonymous May 20, 2013

I am now 25 Years Old so this Sexual Innuendo is PG-13 with R mixed in.

Positive Message 0/10: None what so ever Positive Role Model 0/10: Because of the Sexual Innuendo this song has none what so ever. Violence 0/10: Not an Issue Sex 8/10: A Little Bit of Sexual Innuendo a PG-13 Song with these lines "You a princess in public, but a freak when it's time," and "your bed be feeling lonely so you're sleeping in mine." So I look at the 2nd & 3rd line of this and your song is now an R Rated Song. Sex that looks Innuendo is really the content itself. Language 1/10 Freak (This can turn out to be bad to.) Consumerism 5/10: Victorious a Nickelodeon Show. Drinking, Drugs, & Smoking 2/10 He uses the word Crush and in fact in this song he smokes an illegal drug which is weed. Overall for Positives 0/20: Sex can show this song is a Negative with both Messages & Role Models Overall for Content 16/50: This is an Iffy song for 15- 16 On for 17+ Note: He samples Big Pun's I'm not a Player. Mac saying this in this song "I'm not a Player. I just crush a lot." This Review is done by me GSN Hatena.
Kid, 12 years old March 15, 2015

Catchy R&B song with some sexy lyrics

Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 9, 2014

Ariana Grande Forever

"I love the way" you guys are wrong!
Kid, 12 years old February 9, 2014

My fave song!

This is an awesome song and pefect for Ariana's debut single on her album! Kids 7+ should be able to handle it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMy1ten0baby January 6, 2014

The Sexual Way

This song is very sexual for you guys.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMediaExpert December 17, 2013

Catchy R&B Love Song Made Its Mark

This song is a hit! Ariana Grande is a 20 year old singer that is brand new to the music world. She has however already had a no 1 on the Billboard Charts on her R&B and Pop album. The lead single of the album entitled "The Way" is amazing. It tells a story of a girl falling in love with a bad boy. Details: ~ There is some sexual references ~Positive Model on respecting love and a relationship Quality: The R&B hit is still popular even 9 months later is still a hit! The rapping sequences in the beginning and the bridge are decent. This song reminds us of ayoung Mariah Crey except better! The amazing New York style piano riff adds so much too the song in a positive way. The lyrics are amazing and the song itself is very catchy! This song made Ariana a huge sucess in the music industry and made her mark.
Educator and Parent Written byTeacher meacher December 1, 2013

Good Clean Fun

I think it is just fine for children 9 & up no bad language no major sex appeal , it is mainly about loving who you want and true love. It has a positive message because its saying that you can define stereo types and love who your Heart desires!
Parent of a 8, 11, and 13 year old Written byCherry_Blossoms May 25, 2013

Overall Good Song

I'm not a big fan of pop, I prefer tamer songs and artist with poetic messages. But this song isn't bad, and it's perfect for a tween, as the Common Sense Media review said, who's "finding love or something like it." I have not seen the music video but the song itself is not bad. It has a catchy, bouncy beat with cool sound affects and includes snapping and clapping in the background. Ariana sings, "I have a bad boy, I must admit it. You got my heart don't know how you did it." Other lyrics include, "Oh it's so crazy you get my heart jumping, when you put your lips on mine." Compared to other songs, this is actually pretty clean. Keep it up, Ariana.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBetty L. May 15, 2013

AWESOME!!!!!!

This is an AWESOME song!!!!!! I love it and listen to it all the time. It is uplifting, nice to dance to, and catchy. Buy it!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 May 6, 2013

Very cool song; Some innuendo

Musically, this is a very good, smooth song. Ariana Grande is a surprisngly good singer; I'll be looking out for more of her songs in the future. I don't really like the rap, but overall it's great. Parents should know this song does contain some innuendo ("You're a princess in public/but a freak when it's time", "You're bed be feeling lonely so you're sleeping in mine"). There's also the negative message of being in a relationship with someone who's no good ("I've got a bad boy/I must admit it"). I'd say it's okay for middle schoolers.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 April 26, 2013

Catchy R&B song

This is quite catchy and soothing. The rap is O.K, but I can tolerate it :)