All member reviews for The Young and the Hopeless

Adult Written bypepper770 January 5, 2011

Great album, Great role models, Some mild references to drugs and violence.

First off, this is a great album. One of their best. Their music may be inappropriate for very young children. It all depends on what your views and morals are. I'm 20 and my mom brought this record for me when I was 12. I personally think Good Charlotte are great role models for kids unlike other bands that are around right now. They make mild references to some violence and some drugs. But this record is mainly for tweens and teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKayleann18 October 24, 2012

I will love Good Charlotte until I DIE

This was the first Good Charlotte CD i ever got (I was 5 at least) and now I have every CD even their new one Cardiology. I don't get why common sense is saying the language is bad because it's not, all Joel and Benji talk about in some songs is that "the happiest die of my life is the day that I die". They talked about their dad moving out in "Emotionless" and in "The Story of My Old Man" they talk about their dad again, so what if they talk a little bit about alcohol. There is really NO sex talk, in "My Bloody Valentine" the song is about a guy killing this girls' boyfriend because he is in love with her, that's kind of romantic right? Anyway, I love Good Charlotte they are one of the best bands out there and I will continue to buy every album they make, Just saying Joel is F*cking hot and Benji is too. Peace. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byxTHE EDG3x August 19, 2011

great punk/rock album

this album was really good it talks about things that most people have to deal with and it gave good Charlotte a deserved push. I'm impressed with the sound elements great album with positive messages. "Hold on" talks about never giving up while the "young and the hopeless" talks about growing up. you will get some cussing but nothing that would be bleeped.Overall great album from my backyard band from md.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 June 18, 2009

Great Album

Surprised in how good this album is, theres really nothing bad, some violence. Most innapproprite song is "Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous" (whcih includes a drug refrence and violence)
Teen, 13 years old Written byalpha1014 December 27, 2008

Great CD!

I love Good Charlotte and all their works. I think that you really need to understand the issues, though. It tackles a lot of strong emotions, and is probably best for someone in middle-high school. Grades 5 and under should probably avoid it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBloody Gorgeous December 25, 2008

I Love This Album!!

I Love Good Charlotte! Their Music is Great! I only gave it a 13+ Because You Really need to Understand These Songs. The Songs Tell a lot of Emotional stories including love and suicide. One of the songs, Hold On, is my favorite. It's so sad, you must see the Music Video! I cried the first time I saw it (My Schools [first and only] Suicide Prevention Assembly. Funny How they dont Happen Anymore) The only song you might worry about is, another one of my favorites, My Bloody Valentine. The Album IS Great Though!! GOOD CHARLOTTE ROCKS!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byElmoRock3113 April 9, 2008

Awesome CD! These songs were great!

I liked the music in this CD. They are great musicians and it's for the most part clean. One song you might want to stay away from is 'Bloody Valentine'
Teen, 15 years old Written byGCluver123456789 April 9, 2008

It is a really good cd.I only listened to 3 songs that were oh so fine.

Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Where is the Negative-Star?

Man I HATE Good Charlotte. They ripped off Green Day but did it horribly. Their songs are as dry as blink-182's Enema of the State and did I mention that I HATE this band.
Teen, 14 years old Written byweszu April 9, 2008

It was worth getting

Good Charlotte is an ok band. They are a little popish, but not enough to bother me. To me there is no bad content in this album, besides a tiny bit in "Bloody Valentine" (nothing that bad.) The content about someone commiting suicide is about not commiting suicide, so that is definetely nothing bad. Overall the album was ok.
Teen, 17 years old Written byitisme April 9, 2008

not good at all

This is a dull album, in which all of the songs sound similar. This would be fine but they all sound bad. Good Charlotte's voices are really high pitched and after a few minutes the catchy rythems and high voices will really get on your nerves
Adult Written bybleurgh April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

Really good but a few things to watch out for.......

Good Charlotte is an excellent band and they take on some issues which are good to think about such as what happens when a parent is abusive or drinks, being so obsessive in love that you would kill someone, and the issue of suicide. These things are why i gave this album red for violence. I would not download the song My Bloody Valentine and you might not want to download The Day That I Die but the issues are good to think about. I LOVE THE NEW SINGLE THE RIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY MD. PUNK

MY 3 FAVE THINGS ABOUT GOOD CHARLOTTE 1. THEY ARE FREAKIN AWSOME 2. THEY COME FROM WHERE I LIVE, ANNAPOLIS.MD. 3. THEY HAVE A GREAT LIFE STORY 4.i have another reason THERE MUSIC IS FUN AND GREAT TO LISTEN TO IN THE CAR ON MY IPOD DOC.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychildsplay176 April 9, 2008

A great album. but it cpntains some mature content.

This album is very good, but parents need to know that it has some strong violent content. It's okay for teens, but I definately recommend discussion with parents.
Teen, 17 years old Written byalex549us3 April 9, 2008