All member reviews for "Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz)" (CD Single)

Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2013

love this song!

I love this song! it will make kids want to shop at thrift stores RATHER than spend lots of money and support big busineses. however, there is language, but you can get the clean version which is just as awesome as the explicit version!
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

Watch your language, Macklemore!

Catchy but terrible for kids. He needs to watch his language. I don't get how curse words go with the theme of the song.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2013

Incredibly Catchy

Although this certain isn't a "clean" song (and if you care so much about the amount of swearing, there IS a clean version), I love it! Maybe it's just the insane catchy-ness of the lyrics, but I can't stop singing it. I'm in 6th grade myself, and everyone in class has heard "Thrift Shop", and enjoyed it quite a bit. Yes, the use of profanity can be a bit surprsing, but Macklemore has become one of my favorite rappers. And please, before you go hating Macklemore because this one song, listen to his other music! Some of my favorites from him are "Wings" and "Otherside", both with beautiful music and quite meaningful lyrics. "Thrift Shop" does carry meaning, as well; basically, he's talking about how people spend so much on expensive, name-brand clothing and how ridiculous that can be. If you don't like this song, then hey, that's your opinion. But I LOVE Thrift Shop!
Kid, 11 years old January 16, 2013

THRIFT SHop

this is like the best song ever but it actually has some iffy stuff. the f word is reapeated constantly and there is a lot of im gona throw some cash only got 20 $ in my pocket so ya lot of comunirism
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver January 27, 2013

Awesome song

Thrift Shop is an extremely catchy song with explicit language. Language: 5/5 Sex: 2/5
Teen, 16 years old Written bybutterfliesrock February 10, 2013

For hip-hop it has great intentions

For a song that seems to be getting more popular by the minute, it has a genuine meaning and is fairly tame compared to most hip-hop. While most similar songs the main message is drugs, sex, alcohol, or being rich, this song discusses how wearing expensive, trendy clothing isn't the most important thing. There are a couple minor sexual references and a lot of profanity- but there is no derogatory language or vulgarity. This song has an overall positive message that is communicated in a way that teenagers understand.
Kid, 11 years old February 14, 2013

This is really awesome!!!

*Positive Messages: This song tells young kids and even teens that thrift shops are just as good as other stores. You don't need $50 for a shirt. * *Sexy Stuff: It talks slightly about "you know what" but I just yesterday realized it.* *Language: There is an infinite number of bad words in this song. But don't let your hopes up. The radio version and clean version are completely appropriate.* * Consumerism: They mention goodwill but that's pretty much it. * * Alcohol: The music video shows a party scene where a bar is found but it not noticeable enough to worry about it. *
Teen, 13 years old Written byLuigi755 February 12, 2013

Too much @%£!ing language!

The song is kinda good, BUT don't let your kids hear the version with F**K and C**K repeated. They can listen to it IN THE CAR with the radio edit on though.
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2013

Thrift Shop [ I love this song ]

Well it's not something you want your kids to go around singing but...this is quite catchy and enjoyable. It also tells kids you don't need name-brand clothing like Gucci. It does have some language though. It's overall good for kids 12+ It's pretty funny
Teen, 14 years old Written bybscgirl February 9, 2013

Thrift Shop

its very catchy but very iffy in some parts
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2013

rap music

This song, swears a lot, but is very funny and catchy one of my favorites
Teen, 17 years old Written byCandylove1o1 March 1, 2013

Why it's fine for kids to listen to

I love this song and I think during this age 10-12 they understand the "bad words". However the way they use the words aren't in a bad way. If parents are concerned with the words they can always only allow the clean version where the words are blocked out. My little sister showed me the video and there was nothing bad in the video. Macklemore tells us how shopping at thrift shops aren't bad it's fine to shop at Thrift shops no matter who you are. I think the age should be around 12+.
Kid, 10 years old February 25, 2013

HORRIBLE LANGUAGE!

Ok, so in this song, it was TERRIBLE language, c*ck, f*cking, p*ss, sh*t, b*tch, a**, and so many more, it had refrences from R. Kelly's sex case,(sex tape with a 13 yeard old) You could play the clean version for kids under 12, (even though you still hear him saying, "I'll rock that") but the message about shopping at a thrift shop tells kids that they don't have to shop for expencive brands to look nice.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus March 23, 2013

Really good!

I really like this song! It is not for kids, because it's loaded with language, but good for mature teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlly1127 February 19, 2013

best song ever

listen all parents dont judge this singer just from this song. This rapper has some of the best song. examples: Same Love (tell kids that it is ok to be gay) and Make the Money (tells kids that if they become famous not to let the money go to your head)
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2013

Nothing a teen doesn't hear every day!

There Is some strong language and it goes over the top at times with the language but you can get the clean version. But even the clean version gives away the language. It's kind of pointless. My star rating is based on when it was good now it's too overplayed.
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2013

Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz

Positive messages: mentions come-ups Positive role models: mentions digging through the bargain bin Sex: mentions size of c***, R. Kelly's sex offender case & getting up in her skirt Language: mentions c***, f***, s***, b****, p***, a** & p***** Consumerism: mentions twenty dollars
Kid, 9 years old August 14, 2013

Don't let your kids listen to the explicit version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The song is catchy me and my friends have listened to the explicit version and it is good but Macklemore swears in the song because he is trying to sell records but there is too much of the f word b word and c word
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2013

Really great song!

I love this song! It's really catchy and tells you that you don't need a lot of money to look good. There are some cuss words but I'm pretty sure we've all heard them in our lifetime.
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2013

Hey macklemore stop swearing

U may wanna keep your kids away from this song but I am not at all allowed to listen to music with really bad swearing like the f word etc. I think this is a humorous song. I think the funny parts kind of make the kids want to hear this song