All member reviews for "Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz)" (CD Single)

Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2013

Watch your language, Macklemore!

Catchy but terrible for kids. He needs to watch his language. I don't get how curse words go with the theme of the song.
Kid, 9 years old June 15, 2015

Thrift shop just this

We all know Macklemore being the profanity king.this song is just bad. Too much language. Language 5/5 love stuff1/5 consumerism 1/5
Kid, 9 years old August 14, 2013

Don't let your kids listen to the explicit version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The song is catchy me and my friends have listened to the explicit version and it is good but Macklemore swears in the song because he is trying to sell records but there is too much of the f word b word and c word
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2013

Thrift Shop [ I love this song ]

Well it's not something you want your kids to go around singing but...this is quite catchy and enjoyable. It also tells kids you don't need name-brand clothing like Gucci. It does have some language though. It's overall good for kids 12+ It's pretty funny
Parent Written bydavidrox February 3, 2013

Great!

A great song, with lots of swearing and sex references. very catchy, no good messages, but not a lot of bad messages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAllCanadian February 9, 2015

It's a good song

Positive Messages: 2/5 Positive Role Models: 2/5 Swearing: 5/5 Violence: 0/5 Drinking,Drugs: 2/5 Consumerism: 1/5
Teen, 16 years old Written bythatintrestingirl December 5, 2014

This is one of my all time favorite songs, it has a really good message. My super cool dad introduced this song to me and little sib, its a family favorite, my mom sings the corus when ever she is in her big faux fur coat from goodwill. there are quite a few Fbonms and sextual remarks, but its really not that bad. I think that kids even as young as 10 could handle it, if they knew the fword, the sex stuff might blow over there heads. ps the music video is the bomb
Teen, 13 years old Written byNancy Drew 13 October 25, 2013

Catchy Rap song

The language isn't worse than what kids hear in middle school and you can buy the clean version with all of the strong words edited out
Parent of a 9 year old Written byiamverycool March 22, 2013

its awesome

i just think its awesome my mom lets me hear it even tho im only 9
Parent Written byeverlastingmiracles2 March 17, 2013

Swears, but...

There are many swear words in this song...however you can barely hear them unless you know the lyrics. Talk to your kids about the importance of not swearing.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCandylove1o1 March 1, 2013

Why it's fine for kids to listen to

I love this song and I think during this age 10-12 they understand the "bad words". However the way they use the words aren't in a bad way. If parents are concerned with the words they can always only allow the clean version where the words are blocked out. My little sister showed me the video and there was nothing bad in the video. Macklemore tells us how shopping at thrift shops aren't bad it's fine to shop at Thrift shops no matter who you are. I think the age should be around 12+.
Kid, 11 years old February 14, 2013

This is really awesome!!!

*Positive Messages: This song tells young kids and even teens that thrift shops are just as good as other stores. You don't need $50 for a shirt. * *Sexy Stuff: It talks slightly about "you know what" but I just yesterday realized it.* *Language: There is an infinite number of bad words in this song. But don't let your hopes up. The radio version and clean version are completely appropriate.* * Consumerism: They mention goodwill but that's pretty much it. * * Alcohol: The music video shows a party scene where a bar is found but it not noticeable enough to worry about it. *
Teen, 14 years old Written bybscgirl February 9, 2013

Thrift Shop

its very catchy but very iffy in some parts
Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2013

love this song!

I love this song! it will make kids want to shop at thrift stores RATHER than spend lots of money and support big busineses. however, there is language, but you can get the clean version which is just as awesome as the explicit version!
Teen, 13 years old Written byILikeReviewingThings March 29, 2015

Language!!!

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis's hit Thrift Shop is very dirty. Sh*t, f*ck, and and much more is featured. This song is just plain innapropiate so MATURE TEENS ONLY!!! Macklemore shush, you're ruining childhood!!!
Written byAnonymous October 7, 2014

Nice song but plenty of swearing

Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2014

Catchy song with profanity.

Thrift Shop is a fun song but has strong language and sexual innuendo.
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2014

Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz)

Okay, the swearing might be a problem for other parents it uses the c*ck, f*cking/f*ck frequently, s*it 2 times, a*s, damn, hell, & hella but other than that the song is great, but one other kid or aduld (IDK) but they said it has some sexual things in it like up in her skirt, so I looked at the lyrics online and its actually "up in her stuntin'" but for other moms/dads and you don't want you kids listening to thrift shop there is a clean version of the album on iTunes, and in stores, if its in stores look at the label that says "The Heist Edited" I'm not really sure about the label but it shouldn't say explicit on the edited one on iTunes there is a clean album, unlike the explicit album it will not have a "E" for explicit by the album name, you also should know the clean version keeps 3 swear words that you still might think are not appropriate for your child,(damn, hella, & hell) hella is used frequently but I personally don't think damn, hella, & hell are that bad of swear words but other kids/parents might think differently, oh also in the clean/explicit it also has piss in it. But that is just my opinion of the song.
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 21, 2014

Sing it with me Kids!

I'm gonna pop some reviews, only got 20 dollars in my pocket...
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

Get the edited version

I have the edited version, and it skips over the bad words.