All member reviews for "Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz)" (CD Single)

Rapper shops at Goodwill; hilarity and profanity ensue.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAllCanadian February 9, 2015

It's a good song

Positive Messages: 2/5 Positive Role Models: 2/5 Swearing: 5/5 Violence: 0/5 Drinking,Drugs: 2/5 Consumerism: 1/5
Written byAnonymous October 7, 2014

Nice song but plenty of swearing

Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2014

Catchy song with profanity.

Thrift Shop is a fun song but has strong language and sexual innuendo.
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 21, 2014

Sing it with me Kids!

I'm gonna pop some reviews, only got 20 dollars in my pocket...
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

Thrift Shop- NOT APPROPIATE

Not appropiate at all for kids. A lot of language and references. If your child wants to have this song, I would reccomend Kids Bop Thrift Shop which has no innapropiate language, but the same tune. *SOME positive messages* However, it does encourge kids to not always buy new clothes but go somewhere else where they can buy an outfit cheaper. It's just the language is not appropiate
Teen, 16 years old Written byEntertaimentCritic88 November 26, 2013

Best song of 2013.

Thrift Shop rocks. I love lyrics and beat to it. I sing this song everyday. I sing it at my house a lot. I also sing it school, but not much. My friends like it too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNancy Drew 13 October 25, 2013

Catchy Rap song

The language isn't worse than what kids hear in middle school and you can buy the clean version with all of the strong words edited out
Teen, 14 years old Written byswagshyguy15 October 5, 2013

This Song Inspires Me Whenever I Hear It

Mild sexual innuendo (very mild) but unless your kid is doing a full-on analysis on this song, I don't think it'll be recognised. Also there are a few types of swear words used, especially the f word so it depends on whether your child can handle the content. But it has a good message despite implying theft ('Pop some tags') and anyway one probably won't recognise that. This song is catchy, sorta funny and it never gets old (even as time passes). I reckon this can be a pretty good classic in the future.
Kid, 10 years old October 2, 2013

I really like this song! :)

I've only heard of one of his songs. Language: "hella" "h*ll" "f***ing" "sh**" "hon***" "d*mn" "p*ss" "b*tch" "h*ll" "a**" "mother******." Sex: lyrics like, "up in her skirt/I got a big c***."
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2013

Great Song, Catchy Beat!

This song has a TON of profanity, yet it reveals a good message to all listeners. I would definitely recommend Mackelmore as an inspiring rap artist. He is truly a turning point in rap music, and wipes clean all of the other artists who talk about nothing except drugs, sex, and girls.
Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2013

Nothing a teen doesn't hear every day!

There Is some strong language and it goes over the top at times with the language but you can get the clean version. But even the clean version gives away the language. It's kind of pointless. My star rating is based on when it was good now it's too overplayed.
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2013

Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz

Positive messages: mentions come-ups Positive role models: mentions digging through the bargain bin Sex: mentions size of c***, R. Kelly's sex offender case & getting up in her skirt Language: mentions c***, f***, s***, b****, p***, a** & p***** Consumerism: mentions twenty dollars
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2013

Hey macklemore stop swearing

U may wanna keep your kids away from this song but I am not at all allowed to listen to music with really bad swearing like the f word etc. I think this is a humorous song. I think the funny parts kind of make the kids want to hear this song
Teen, 14 years old Written byBetty L. August 3, 2013

AWESOME! LOVE MACKLEMORE!

I love THRIFT SHOP! It's an awesome, catchy song that makes you want to sing and dance. I think kids seventh grade and up can totally hear it. I mean, when you're in seventh grade you already know pretty much every swear word anyway. You should totally get this song! Love it!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymunoru July 21, 2013

Bad language, good song.

Much bad language, but teens have heard the words.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGamerevier July 21, 2013

Meh be careful

Awsome catchy song but has lots of cursing and some sex Refrences Re F word the C word The S word and The B word are used including mother**** and this is ****ing awsome so it's iffy
Teen, 13 years old Written byheat fan July 14, 2013

Pretty good song

Thrift Shop is a pretty good song. It has cool beats and ok rapping, and it's really funny. They have some language, but the clean version is fine for kids. It gets annoying if you hear it too much, but its good if you listen to it every once in a while.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 July 10, 2013

Funny Song, But Defiantly Not For Kids

Lyrically this song is funny; it's about a gangster shopping at thrift shops. I like how the guy's basically questioning why people spend so much on brand names in expensive stores or whatever; it's cool to shop at thrift shops, too ;). Content-wise, this song is not appropriate AT ALL for young kids. There's a reason it's labeled as "Explicit"-there's a chock-full of language ("This is f-king" awesome is repeated in the chorus, as well as other words like, "D*mn", "P*ss", "S-t", etc." There's also some talk of "Getting up in her skirt". Teens can listen to it, but I recommend listening to the edited version (which still has language but bleeps out the stronger ones).
Teen, 13 years old Written bystudboy24 July 3, 2013

get edited version

If you get it , it should be the edited version The song is basically saying you dont need to be rich to be happy.
Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2013

Good for kids 4+

This rating that common sense is unfair. I know a four year old who sings this song constantly.