Mature, explicit CD about reuniting with an abusive ex.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 December 3, 2012

unapologetic

Families can talk about why Rihanna would get back together with someone who has physically abused her. What message does that send to her fans? As a society, do we expect celebrities to follow a certain code of conduct? Is Rihanna required to be a role model? Why or why not? Do you think teaming up with or singing about Chris Brown helps or hurts Rihanna's image and career? If you could talk to Rihanna, what advice would you give her?
Teen, 13 years old Written byMonksy204 December 12, 2012

Change of Opinion

When this album came out I was in deep utter shock. I really did not know what to think of the record, and disliked it at first. Now, I look at it as a great album. The songs have depth to them, and she is really exploring new areas with her music. I would honestly say 15+ though, because people below 15 may end up not understanding the messages on the album like I did.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnstewart November 26, 2014

Actually not that bad!

Okay, I agree this album is inappropriate and has a sexual cover - BUT, just get the clean version and change the artwork later on iTunes! I'm sure there are plenty of better pictures of Rihanna that you can use instead as an artwork. And yeah, according to iTunes almost all of the songs are "explicit" but only like the half of them are explicit. And yes I agree with all you RiRi fans saying that she shouldn't have changed and should go back to the good girl she used to be. But some of these songs are actually not bad. My favorites are "Loveeeeeee Song", "Numb", "Diamonds" and "Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary". You should actually listen to "Mother Mary" because that song is just beautiful. Probably the least explicit track on the album. But as a total, this album has like, i don't know, 10 F-words? Some N and S- words also. But yeah you can read the lyrics somewhere and decide what songs are okay for your kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRhinoceros February 13, 2014

Middle School

Most songs are completely clean and the few that aren't are middle/high school appropriate.
Adult Written bygrizmaster1981 December 19, 2013

One of the most sexually explicit covers i've seen.

The cover alone of what looks to me like Rihanna NAKED would push me away from letting my kid buy this album. It looks like she wants to out do Madonna in sex. Stores should almost put a bag around the album this stuff is not what my lkid should be buying if I had one. This is just crude it is like shock value of the crudest. Fore those of you who like "RiRi" the music is fine but the explicit artwork takes away from any good music here.
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2013

ok than

it's good, very iffy. suggestive and obvious sex lines.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashingepicness767 July 12, 2013

A must-listen-to album

One of my favourite Rihanna songs are in here. The album is very personal and reflects everything. The first half of the album is filled with dance pop hits and the second half is filled with ballads. There are collaborations with Chris Brown, Mikky Ekko, David Guetta and Eminem. Many use of strong languages and drug reference here but I just ignore it. Rih has a very soft and powerful voice which makes this album outstanding, mature and unique from all her other albums.