All teen and kid member reviews for Unbroken

Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 December 13, 2011

Awesome R&B album is good for older tweens and teens

At first, I didn't know if it would really be the kind of R&B I like, but I decided to listen to it. I heard "Skyscraper" and upbeat songs and I thought it was good. Then I listened to some more later on and I decided that ---- I really like this album! Except, I don't know why she (or Selena in her recent album) talk about drinking when their not even old enough to it. (maybe it's different in Hollywood, but that's something different) I always thought she had a beautiful voice, but now in this album it improves even more. (Her voice is kind of like Christina Aguilera's!) Anyway, this album is really good. :-)
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2012

great

the album is great, nuff said
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2011

A Positive Post-Rehab Album

I love this album! I bought it just yesterday, and already I have favorite songs! Most of the messages are positive, such as that of "Skyscraper", "Give Your Heart a Break", and "Together". Others deal with young love and breakups ("My Love is Like a Star, "Hold Up", and "Mistake") "For The Love Of A Daughter" deals with a father's addiction to alcohol. "Who's That Boy" has the word "d**n". But, still, a good and positive album.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFashionDiva December 15, 2011

Awesome!!! :)

I have always loved Demi Lovato and I think this is her best album so far :)
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2013

Great Album

Amazing role model and a fantastic voice with equally fantastic song lyrics.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTeensOpinion17 August 4, 2012

A mixture of Genre's, more of a POP/RNB vibe.

After Demi underwent Treatment for Physical and Emotional Issues in 2010, Lovato released this album on September 20th in 2011. The album, Unbroken features 12 songs overall. The album's genre is of POP/RNB songs. This album brings out Demi's talent. There are 2 songs on the album called 'Skyscraper' and 'For The Love of a Daughter which lyrically express what Demi has been through in her life. The songs on the album are relatable, fun and soulful. Demi collabrated with worldwide artists such as Missy Elliot, Timbaland, Dev, and Jason Derulo. I recommend this album for tweens aged 12 & Up.
Kid, 11 years old April 27, 2012

AwesomeSauce!

Very mild language only containing the H-word and the D-word. 12 and up depending on maturity it is def. a teen abulm. Demi has left DIsney and is ''of to the races,I'm going places''. Looks like 'so far, so great'.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylotrlove March 4, 2012

Uplifting, but a few mixed messages

I am definately a Demi Lovato fan and am proud of her courage to come back after rehab. However, I found the questionable content of the lyrics was a turn off. "All night long" describes a potentially sexual sleepover. "who's that boy" is the most sexually explicit track and also includes the album's only profanity. "Unbroken" is not necessarily supposed to be sexual, but in context with the other songs it can be interpreted that way. Also, "Hold up" contains a couple suggestive lines. Other than the reference to champagne in "real life" the rest of the album is actually very encouraging and promotes self esteem. The powerful "skyscraper" was very uplifting. As a whole the album was actually very inspiring, but I feel the mixed messages make it inappropriate for young audiences.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMarion Rijskamp February 17, 2012

Lovato is a positive role-model

Lovato is a positive role-model for tween and teens (maybe even for adults) BECAUSE of her issues and because of her facing her problems, getting help and getting it all together again. It can motivate other people (especially teen girls) to do the same thing. As Demi herself always says: 'If you're dealing with the issues I have dealt with, get help. Tell someone. a family member, someone you live with, your teacher, a close friend. Anybody' 'It gets better, if you're going through hell, keep going' 'Love Is Louder Than The Pressure To Be Perfect'. In short: The perfect role-model for your kid, because she herself isn't perfect. Making mistakes but learning from them. That's what you want you want your kids to learn, right? It's okay to make mistakes. You're perfectly imperfect, just the way you are. Skinny, curvy, tall, short it doesn't matter. Wow, that was like a speech. But having to deal with problems like these myself I know how important people like this are in our society. And it's a fun album for kids to dance to, too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmma-Camille January 25, 2012

Great

Demi Lovato is an amazing singer. This also a great album, that is appropriate for about ages 11 & up. Violence: None, only a few refrences to bleeding in "Skyscraper" & to weapons in "Hold Up". Sex: In "Who's That Boy" there is a line that says "I can see us making ways, from the back of the club to a bed in the shade" and a few kissing refrences of course. Language: "d__n" in "Who That's Boy" is as bad as it gets. Drinking: "In Real Life" talks about champagne and in "For the Love of a Daughter" it adresses a father's drinking problem. Overall, this is a very good album. It has positive messages in "Skyscraper" and "Together and for the most part is appropriate for tweens/teens.