All member reviews for Up All Night

Boy band's debut album is surprisingly solid; OK for tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKidquizine April 11, 2012

I'm obsessed with One Direction :)

I am a Directioner, please trust me on this review! These guys are amazing. Their songs are definitely appropriate for kids of all ages. One Direction is totally awesome and at my next sleepover, we will be UP ALL NIGHT listening to this CD. You at least need to listen to "What Makes You Beautiful". This CD is full of positive messages and they are definitely good role models. Unlike most music today, Up All Night is appropriate for kids of all ages :) 1D FOREVER!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2012

Teen, 14 years old Written byilovepurple August 9, 2012

From A Directioners Point Of View

I am a HUGE directioner. These 5 boys Harry, Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn are incredibly talented. This album is amazayn and I listen to it on constantly. I love this album and the 5 boys from the stairs.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarry.j.matters May 9, 2015

The Baes

First of all.... this review is coming from a directioner. This album is amazing. The content is appropriate for basically all ages. The only reason I rated it 10+ is because I don't think anyone younger then that would appreciate it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysol1302 March 21, 2015

Positive messages about love/beauty

Before you judge One Direction, actually take the time to listen to the music first. Their songs have lots of valuable messages about loving people. Some of the songs are about mistakes that you make in relationships and what happens when you try to fix them. There's no sex, but some suggestive lyrics; "I need that one thing, you've got that one thing,"also "People going all the way, yeah all the way." The song "Everything About You" is probably the most suggestive. The lyrics say things like, "There's something about your laugh that makes me wanna have to," "From the way that we touch, baby / To the way that you kiss on me," and "All we wanna have is fun, but they say that we're too young." Their song "Moments" is overall a sweet song, with some innuendo: "I wanna feel your love, I wanna lay beside you," "Hands touch skin," and "There's a pile of my clothes at the end of your bed." Despite some of the suggestiveness, One Direction is worth it. It's great for girls to listen to with their mothers. Great messages are provided about love, and seeing a girl for more than what she looks like.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 21, 2014

Clean & catchy songs

The songs on this album are clean. Clean songs about having fun and about relationships.
Parent of a 4, 6, 14, and 16 year old Written byAllpink December 3, 2013

Not for all ages

I'm surprised at the general approval of One Direction. The music is catchy and fun, but the lyrics are Not appropriate for all ages. Lyrics routinely talk about one night stands. It's fine for older kids but hearing young children sing about some of the content is just not good.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Boy Crazy

If you have a daughter, I recommend that you don't let them listen to one direction at a super young age, or they will get boy crazy or expect more in their future relationships.
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2013

I love one direction

I love this band is the best there songs are great!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAleluvsyou June 8, 2013

I love 1D

I love 1D the album is awsome I just love it it's really nice and the band their nice down the earth guys there not bad or anything and I LOVE HARRY STYLES lol so just to sum up it's a good album and there's tons of songs that I love including kiss you and rock me
Teen, 16 years old Written bydancegirl3697 March 8, 2013

Great Album

Love these boys and there music! This album I believe is pefectly fine for any age. However, Take Me Home is a little more mature for some younger kids. But this album is just about having fun. Its fine for younger ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamaezing9 March 2, 2013

Amazing

One Direction is a great band. They know how to treat a girl. They are kind and sweet. There is some innuendo but nothing awful or out of the ordinary. And no I'm not a parent I just put this here so parents can see.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybscgirl November 15, 2012

Up All Night

i love these guys there songs are fine for really any age but as people i think 14 cause they have said some 'dirty things' (one of many reasons i love them )
Teen, 16 years old Written byromneysgirlfriend November 1, 2012

Great CD!

I'm not someone to go "ooh la la" I'm IN LOVE with this band, but their songs are pretty good. I like "What Makes You Beautiful", "One Thing," "Stole My Heart", and "I Wish" the best. It's a very upbeat CD about love, and has a lot of positive messages. All ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDMfanCassy October 16, 2012

Super amazing!

I love One Direction so much! They're 5 great guys from Europe, 4 from England and 1 from Ireland (Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall, and Harry). The only things that a few parents might have a problem with is Moments: "Shut the door, turn the light off, I wanna be with you, I wanna feel your love." "There's a part of my clothes at the end of your bed." (This song was written by Ed Sheeran, if I'm not mistaken it is about a girl and boy who are about to break off a relationship cause she is dying, but I've also heard that he planned on killing himself cause he can't live without her, but that might be a rumore) More than this: "When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight- it just won't feel right cause I can love you more than this..." Up all night: "People going all the way, yeah all the way, I'm still wide a wake/ Don't even care about the table breaking, we just wanna have a laugh" That's all I really can think of but I don't find much of a problem with their music, it's good, clean, fun music! They sing about making girls feel beautiful and that's something I think we've needed in music for a long time, I love those boys with all my heart! -Forever a Directioner.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 October 9, 2012

Good album

I like some of the songs on here "What Makes You Beautiful" "One Thing" "Up All Night" "Gotta Be You" "I Want"
Teen, 13 years old Written byFarmgirl2221 September 5, 2012

OMG 1D

OMG I LOVE ONE D!!! HARRY MARRY ME! Lol that was my 5 year old little sister. I love one direction too! She stole my spotlight:( one D is the best!!! Up All Night, WMYB, and Stand Up are the best!
Kid, 10 years old August 23, 2012

Amazing album!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE ONE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!This album is amazing for tweens/teens. The message for most of the songs is "you mean a lot to me" or "your beautiful". THEY ARE AMAZING, EVEN ADULTS WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byelliecook August 12, 2012

Good, but gives away A LOT!

the tunes are fun and all but if some pay attention to the lyrics in some songs they're are hints of sex. for example in up all night "People going all the way" I defiantly do not think these are the types of lyrics young ones should be memorizing. One direction is a great and funny teen boy band but they all are legal adults, have had a sexual experience (including an 18 year old affair with a32 year old" the band is great but overall you do get attached and want to know more about them and , well the band just isn't like the Jonas brothers, lots of innuendo in their language, frequently used swear words, we don't know what will come in other albums, my suggestion is listen to the songs yourself while reading the lyrics and see for yourself. I for one think that they are phenomenal but I'm surprised some are letting their children listen to them and become an Obsessed fan, just too much out there about them that I wouldn't want a young kid to know. Otherwise very inspiring boys and VERY funny! So yes they are great but you need to really watch out. Yes they are well known but it's not like justin bieber who keeps his private life "private" you don't want your kids to know too much too soon. Just listen to one interview with the boys and an opinion can change upon them. Overall the allbum is fine but if your child is interested on the boys themselves, then there is a concern
Parent Written bykeepcalmandcarryon August 3, 2012

Good Album for all ages.

This is a really great album for kids of all ages. One Direction is a group of five clean-cut boys. This album features some upbeat poppy tunes and also some slower ballads. There are a few iffy lyrics, such as "people going all the way", but nothing outright naughty.