All parent member reviews for Warrior

Parent Written bydavidrox January 24, 2013

Great!

Great. I love ke$ha, and this record rocks. its very fun and lots of catchy tunes. bottom line though, not for kids. even on the clean album there songs filled with scandalous sexual references. Lots of uses of F**k, lots of uses of S**t, lots of a**, lots of d**k, lots of d**m, ect..... Most of the songs are about partying but som offer insight fullness about relationships and acceptance, even in the party tunes they have good messages such as die young which is to live your life to the fullest.
Parent Written byfuckme_onthewalls October 25, 2013

Lots of F*cking

Don't get me wrong - ke$ha is fabulous. But this song is DEFINITELY not for anyone under 9. There is really only a lot of s*x in Gold Trans Am, and the swearing is not too much. But other than that any mature child can handle the clean version. F*ck and f*cking are used often in gold trans am, as well as the words v*gina p*nis p*ssy penetr8 s*x f*ck sh*t d*mn d*ck s*ck c*m. The unclean version is definitely 10 or 11+.
Parent of an infant, 2, 5, and 10 year old Written byAG Fan Parent February 23, 2013

Amazing one song, the rest is very, well, Ke$ha's style.....

As with any Ke$ha CD, this is full of sex, swearing, and horrible messages about partying. But if you look at the bright things about this CD, there are a fair amount of things to find, at least in my one favourite song: Warrior. The rest of the album isn't any prize (Beautiful Life is a very catchy, positive view on everything in this world that we parents try to steer our children away from), but Warrior is heaped with messages I love. The basic theme of the song is how "our generation" (not my generation I'm guessing, but my kid's) is fighting for the things that are right, and she's absolutely right there. The issues she's mentioning are gay marriage, fighting even for "bad" kids, etc. I support these things and think any parent who does will love this specific track. I was not too surprised at it (like Lady G's Born This Way, the way the great messages are presented is not surprising at all somehow), but loved it all the same. Sure, there's swear words heaped in there, but if you're a Ke$ha listened, what can you expect? Really, I am delighted with this song. However, the rest of the album has Ke$ha all over it, and I'd probably steer clear of it. Sure, the songs are catchy and I listen to them plenty, but any kid under about 14 will probably get severely punished if they go around humming the words to them.