All member reviews for Watch the Throne

Teen, 13 years old Written byrapadvocate April 23, 2012

There Is A Moral Underneath The Madness

There is actually a somewhat necessary message in this album, And the negative reviews exemplify why it needs to be heard. "Watch The Throne" is the story of two wildly successful black men (Jay-Z and Beyonce are the worlds richest couple; GWR) who feel as though they will never only be defined by their successes, but that their skin color will always have something to do with how the world sees them. "N----'s In Paris" is a fine example of that, using laid back, satirical voices to describe what they are thought of as. A good topic to bring up with responsible 13< year-olds.
Teen, 15 years old Written byvictoliva February 2, 2012

this was .... just no im 14 and i was like really this is sad lol
Teen, 13 years old Written byClippersInLA December 20, 2011

This Album Goes H.A.M.

Excellent album, Otis and H.A.M are immediate standout hits that I absolutely love. Pretty intense language in some songs, braggadocio lyrics about having millions of dollars and plenty of curses to improve your kids vocabulary. Don't let the language stray you away, find an edited version for this great collaboration.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKiPunk11 December 17, 2011

Ye and Hov tear it up, and by "it", I mean your moral fiber.

The beats on this album are ridiculously fresh and the rhymes are Jay and Ye at their prime. However, Jay and Ye at their prime tend to like expensive things, drugs, the "n" word, and very personal depictions of horrible failures in morality. The example for violence in the official CSM review sites a bar from Murder to Excellence, where the following bar puts this statement in context: "Looking at the news like "d(i)am(o)n(ds)! I was just with him after school; No shop class but half the school got a tool", referring to two painful realities: A) Zero tolerance policies resulting in disallowing shop class for fear of violence with tools, and B) the extreme possibility of a school shooting anywhere from rich suburbia to the povertous ghettos of large cities. This kind of message prevents the constant bragging that dominates this album from being filler: they're just trying to have fun, but in just making some "HEY MAN I'M SUCESSFUL" anthems, there have been some more personal things in here, too. Also, there's a difference between product placement and plugging a preferable brand; I don't think many luxury fashion companies want to be associated with a former crack dealer.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBestPicture1996 November 16, 2011

Very note-worthy collaboration album

After the phenomenal "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" and hearing the lead single "Otis," I was so ready to hear this album. It didn't disappoint at all. It's very explicit, but here are some of the album's best cuts: "Otis," "That's My (Expletive)" & "New Day," where they discuss the future of their sons. It's very well-done and worth many a listen-through. If you come into the album excepting Jay and Kanye not to cuss, you've been living under a rock.