All member reviews for "We Are the World" (CD single)

Teen, 17 years old Written byevolinag August 28, 2013

Enormous charity song brings artists together.

When "We are the World" was recorded in the 1980s, some of the world's most famous musicians came together in order to perform one enormous song forbthe sake of helping Africa, something that haven't been done like this before. Even though for the younger generations a lot of the original performers have already been forgotten, their idea has not grown old. Like will.i.am says in one of his lines "Now Haiti needs us, they need us". After the tragic earthquake an amazing amount of music allstars from all genres, from hip hop to rock, and all ages came together in order to show their support for the victims. It resulted in a gigantic, heartbreaking ballad, in which you can hear thr most different voices and can see thr most different faces. From P!nk to Justin Bieber, it includes everything from Lil Wayne to Barbra Streisand or Celine Dion and Mary J. Blige. Surely, not all performers are equal in talent, and yes, Wyclef Jean should really stick to his rap skills rather than trying to sing, but it is unbelievable that some critics call it one of the worst songs of all time. "We are the World 25 for Haiti" is an extremely touching collaboration between some of the most ambitious musicians of modern music industry. There really is much effort in this work and you can hear it from the first line to the last. ---- This song is absolutely clean, except for one line saying "There are people dying". This song is suitable for all ages.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySongRatingDisputer March 29, 2012

Some Of the "We Are The World" Singers Seem to Mock the Original Song

First of all, I respect the purpose of the song and like the original it has a good heart. The problem is that some of the artists did not take this song seriously or tried to add humor where it isn't wanted. The biggest offender was Wyclef Jean. He disrespected the entire purpose of the song and made inappropriate comments through the song such as "Nous ce monde là" in a unneeded crazy voice and said an inappropriate "Cabarett" in a scream right after the rap verse. But probably the biggest insult to the song he did was right after the song got back on track after the so-so rap verse. He sung "Haiti, Haiti, Ha, Ha, ha" repeatedly. In my opinion, that one sentence mocks the entire purpose of the song which even with his earlier contributions and the rap verse was still ok. Jamie Foxx also did a bad Ray Charles imitation which seemed to insult more than compliment. The other singers were alright and some even had really good voices, including people as diverse as Lil' Wayne, Pink, Tony Bennet, and Mary Mary. The rap was better than I thought. What it really comes down to is Wyclef Jean and how it pales compares to the original song. If there is a disaster and this song ever comes out and you can't buy the original, make sure you ask for Wyclef Jean to be removed even if the price costs much more. If you take him out this song would get knocked down four age levels and if you took the Ray Charles imitation off, it would get the positive messages tag added on. PS: Just before you say I forget, I thought Bieber was better than he is in some of his songs but he would have been even better than that if his voice was deeper. Michael Jackson probably shouldn't gone in the song only a few months after his death but it's nice they thought of his legacy while writing this.
Kid, 10 years old February 12, 2012

AWESOME

A BUNCH OF GREAT ARTIST SINGING TO HELP PEOPLE IN NEED, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old January 29, 2012

It would be better if they had Stevie Wonder like the old one

I like the old one better. But this one was good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 December 14, 2011

Very postive messages

It isn't my favorite song but the messages are very positive; it's about helping the less fortunate. There was a referenve to people dying but that's only once. They also make a reference to God but like CSM said even of you are not a Christoan you can listen to this song because they only say it once.
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2011

WE R THE WORLD

AMAZING!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybpowerslol September 19, 2010

Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2010

I think it's kinda boring and it is so appropriote.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMillyMolly June 14, 2010

Beutiful!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGhostlover15 March 27, 2010

Great song

I love this one but i think the original is a little better.
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2010

AWESOME SONG!!!!!!!

GREAT song!!!! I am a big fan of the Haiti Earthquake, (my little sister is from Haiti and I like to help out). There is nothing wrong with the song everything is positive!
Teen, 15 years old Written bym.s qua March 7, 2010

cool love it
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2010

We Are The World

The song talks about Haiti's issues. It uses popular artists to convey the issue to others.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2010

Great song and video for all ages!

I like the song! It's cool. It sends good messages-after watching it, I decided to donate all my charity money to Haiti (after some 50/50ing). It talks about people dying, but it's true.