All parent member reviews for "We Are Young" (CD Single)

Adult Written bymusic fan2.0 March 18, 2012

excuse me

excuse me but i happen to be a young adult myself and can not get this song out of my head and i see nothing wrong with it what is the problem? also saw the music video it is great as well so why all the big fuss?
Adult Written byRosebud95 August 23, 2013

Annoyingly catchy

And it's not THAT memorable. Besides, there's talks about "getting higher than the Empire state"....yeah.
Parent Written byR.D. January 4, 2013

Great song, message often misinterpreted

It would please me highly if adults actually did some research about songs ACTUAL meanings before spewing out things like "It glorifies drugs & alcohol!". Just from general knowledge, the singer of the band (who wrote the song), proclaimed it was about "...the worst night of [his] life...". Knowing this, you can realize that the song does not glorify anything. It really makes drugs and alcohol seem quite unpleasant. We parents need to realize that drugs and alcohol are a part of the world; simply referencing them no longer means they are glorified within the lyrics. Talking to your children and helping them realize which is which is more important than censorship. Censorship will not teach your teen anything about the world. Teach them to make good choices, and stop being blinded by ignorance.
Adult Written byGigi47 August 8, 2012

People Looking at Drugs Miss Point of Song

Yes, there are some references to getting high and drinking, but the references are treated in a very neutral way that I don't think would encourage anyone to do them. The important part of this song is that it is very sinceare, and that the emotions of the band can be felt by anyone who stops to listen to it. The song isn't about drugs or bars or partying, it's about love and finding shards of optimism where there shouldn't be, picking up and repairing relationships, begging for forgiveness when maybe you don't deserve it, and hoping with all your heart that someone out there loves you enough to accept it. The drugs are a back drop. They are not important to the song, and therefore not important to the ratings, really. Kids should hear more songs like this just because of the realistic, visceral view of life that they can give them, and listing to a song like this will benefit them more than hearing a few drug references could ever hurt them.
Parent Written bytreat02 June 30, 2012

Really, commonsense?

I really like this song, but the first part (when they say "my friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the empire state building") and when they state that they're in a bar. But, the main thing about the song is that we're not young for a long time, so have fun. (not drugs or drinking) Have fun, as in, go to places, vacations, get active because when you're older you can't do those things. I will say, it's very iffy because of the first part. A lot of kids won't understand. I recommend MATURE kids.
Adult Written byhohoho1999 May 15, 2012

bleh to the parents

its fine its just a song!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byeternityrules May 11, 2012

When we allow bad words to be sung especially by our youth, we are blind

Bad message for kids spawned from a kids TV show shows where America is headed
Adult Written byJ0SH24 April 27, 2012

GOOD REVIEW

really good song but the begining verse is all about hanging out at a bar.
Adult Written bysabrasam March 9, 2012

Another one.

I am very tired of todays music glorifying, drugs, drinking and sex. If this were the only artist that did it, it wouldn't be so bad. But they are just one many.