Kid reviews for "We Can't Stop" (CD Single)

Lame Miley track is all about drinking, drugs, and partying.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 June 20, 2013

The worst work Miley Cyrus has produced yet.

I used to be a huge Miley fan when I was younger, but I've been really disappointed with her career moves as of late. This song is a lame attempt to rebel and the constraints (I'm going to guess Disney) with unimpressive vocals, stupid (and many grammatically incorrect, but that's just the obsessive grammar nazi in me coming out) lyrics, and no real message other than "I can do what I want, just try and stop me." Much like her prior track, "Can't be Tamed", which I thought was as bad as it could get. Until I heard this. The song alone is almost tolerable if you turn the volume down waaaaay low, but the music video video is just plain terrible. It was sleazy to the point where I thought, this has to be a joke. Also, it really emphasized her lack of ability to sing. I don't know whether she just can't sing, or the song was wrong for her voice, but whatever it was, it was bad. There bizarre sequences of dancing with a giant teddy bear, making out with a doll, and "twerking". I understand that twerking has kind of become her thing, but honestly it just again looks like a lame attempt to rebel, and her obsession with it is kind of juvenile. It is a passing internet trend, just like Gangnam Style or the Harlem Shake, not something to center an entire music video around. The video really makes me question whether she is in this career for the passion and because she loves what she does, or for the shock value and notoriety. I really don't even think that I should get into what's appropriate and so on because no one should waste their watching this or listening to the song, but all in all the song references drugs and sex, and the music is sleazy, with various states of undress and indecent behavior. Sorry Miley, but if I could give this no stars I would.

Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2013

we want the old miley Cyrus back because this song is pure drugness

what happened to the miley Cyrus we all knew and loved? now shes acting all krunk and druck like p!nk anyway i like this song [ even though i am 10 ] but i would not recommend it for little kids because that stuff is not age appropriate and i hope miley changes too because my mom loves her.

Teen, 14 years old Written by2013_teen July 20, 2013

Horrible Video.

After seeing this music video. It is definitely off for kids. In fact I had to kick my sister out of the room. She uses inappropriate language for children such as he// and says strip club. She shows way too many tattoos. And secretly refers to drugs like cocaine. She is showing off her body ( especially the rear end) inappropriately. I hate the fact that she sticks her tongue out so many times it looks messed up. In the party scene there is disgusting butt smacking and suggestive behavior. And way too much twerking. She tongue kisses a doll! She is a horrible influence to everyone. She took the Lindsay Lohan route and ended up like this. The song may seem catchy but once you see the video and listen carefully you will here the twisted parts

Teen, 16 years old Written bycandygirl10003 June 13, 2013

Miley Cyrus is better off without Disney's artistic leadership!

I didn't expect Miley Cyrus to have a good comeback single, the song doesn't sound like anything on the radio today.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer321 February 16, 2014

Make this song stop!

I liked this song at first, but then I saw the video, and it is extremely inappropriate and just plain nasty. Don't watch the video, just listen to the song.
Teen, 15 years old Written byfangirl913 November 16, 2013

eh

It gets annoyingly stuck in your head if something like the radio plays it too much.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWaterMelon813Yo November 1, 2013

SHES NOT HANNAH ANYMORE get over it.

I Dont know what all the fuss is about miley has grown up shes almost 21 years old! shes NOT hannah montana anymore hannah montana was not a real person she was a character she played. so stop talking about my kids use to look up to her as a role model". well you should be a rolemodel to your kids not miley you should monitor what they listen to and what they watch. miley is not a teenager anymore as in the song its her life she can do what she wants too". i have been a miley fan since day one and still am I LOVE THIS SONG! reccomened this song for teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byslyfox432 October 13, 2013

We Can't Stop? Miley, what are you doing?!

Okay. Innapropriate words, clothes, people, etc. "Hangin' with my homegirls with the big butts", "waiting on the line to the bathroom", and other bad stuff. Horrible language like h*ll and scr*w. Way to much drinking and drugs, like the part where she's waiting in the line to go to the bathroom, which means seeking cocaine. ABSOLUTELY NOT FOR KIDS OF ANY AGE OR ADULTS EITHER! A COMPLETE TIMEWASTER AND THE WORST SONG I'VE EVER HEARD, EVEN WORSE THAN HARLEM SHAKE AND GANGNAM STYLE!

Teen, 15 years old Written byJ4VZ October 13, 2013

really good party song!

not for younger kids

Kid, 12 years old September 14, 2013

YUK

I hate this song. It sounds like crap. It is about drugs. It so audiotuned it makes me sick. YUK. YUK. Future Lohan here!!!

Kid, 11 years old September 4, 2013

Absolutely not appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness this song is so bad. She says things like "Girls with the big butts, shakin' it like we're in a strip club" And it has her licking some things very dramaticly and it is totally innapropriate. That's all I can say.

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 August 21, 2013

Well...

It's not the worst song ever, but defiantly not the best. Miley sounds tired in this song and her voice is dragging. It's just kind of weird because I thought this song was supposed to be danceable, but no one sounds happy. And the music video is really weird. And it's all about partying/drinking/sex, so it's not for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashingepicness767 July 26, 2013

Shows a new Miley having fun!

I can't believe how Miley Cyrus has changed!! I used to love Hannah Montana a lot when I was 8. I was expecting the video to be family-friendly and fun like Party In The USA but then I saw....and I was like 'What did I just saw, no way that is so not the Miley I liked and loved' but at the same time the song & the video is freakin awesome!! It represents a grown up Miley Cyrus and how things change when you grow up. Fun song to dance to, gr8 for party!!

Teen, 16 years old Written bytaylorluver22 February 5, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written by....0000 March 9, 2014

how about no

the video is just .... no

Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Please Stop

Way too sexual includes sexual references too many times and the video is even worse, we want the old Miley. Seems to be a pattern with Disney girls.

Teen, 17 years old Written byevolinag November 29, 2013

Edgy Miley makes party on mature pop track

If there wouldn't be such a fuss about Miley's sexual imagery in public, her music would be much less controversial. It's not that Miley would push the limits with this song, her lyrics aren't different than others. "We Can't Stop" is a catchy pop song, with a gets-stuck-in-your-head bridge (you will find yourself singing la-da-dee-da-dee, we like to party" all over) and a memorable chorus. The beats and synthesizers used are unique and electrifying and fit the song perfectly. It may not be the party anthem the lyrics imply it to be, but it has a catchy melody and memorable beats, so what's not to like? ---------- In this song it's all about partying and everything that includes. There are some references to substance use, nothing over the top. One reference to a strip club. It's not worse than any other contemporary pop song.

Kid, 10 years old October 12, 2013

bad song, the video is weird, too

Man, I HATE this song, It's just one of those songs where you just want to throw a tantrum. And adults with kids who are interested in the video. Tell them to Not watch it because it's sooo weird. Like, Miley is wearing a giant teddy bear behind her back. And in another she's kissing a baby doll, And in ANOTHER one she's spanking another girl. It's a disgrace to pop culture, and to this earth.

Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2013

Annoying & catchy...

In my opinion, this song is annoying, but catchy. Language: one use of the "h*ll." Drinking drugs smoking: "red cups and sweaty bodies everywhere," and the song's about partying and drinking. Violence: someone's seen chopping part of their hand (or fingers) off. Sex: Miley's outfits show some body parts, and she shows her butt on camera. One seen Miley's has a shirt, with no pants. (no nudity is shown) Miley, and other party people, show their butts, and smack each others one. Lyrics like, "trying to get it on in the bathroom/to my homegirls with the big butts/shaking it like we at a strip club."

Teen, 15 years old Written byMichaella M. September 8, 2013

disapointed,angry,discusted!

oh boy... i'm so sad i looked up to her she was my role model along with emma watson etc i'm so disapointed i hate her so much now i can't imangine the younger miley fans i feel sorry for them what is she playing at? i get she wants to distance from disney but come on! i just hope the younger miley fans did't see her at the mtv awards...