All member reviews for "We Can't Stop" (CD Single)

Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 June 20, 2013

The worst work Miley Cyrus has produced yet.

I used to be a huge Miley fan when I was younger, but I've been really disappointed with her career moves as of late. This song is a lame attempt to rebel and the constraints (I'm going to guess Disney) with unimpressive vocals, stupid (and many grammatically incorrect, but that's just the obsessive grammar nazi in me coming out) lyrics, and no real message other than "I can do what I want, just try and stop me." Much like her prior track, "Can't be Tamed", which I thought was as bad as it could get. Until I heard this. The song alone is almost tolerable if you turn the volume down waaaaay low, but the music video video is just plain terrible. It was sleazy to the point where I thought, this has to be a joke. Also, it really emphasized her lack of ability to sing. I don't know whether she just can't sing, or the song was wrong for her voice, but whatever it was, it was bad. There bizarre sequences of dancing with a giant teddy bear, making out with a doll, and "twerking". I understand that twerking has kind of become her thing, but honestly it just again looks like a lame attempt to rebel, and her obsession with it is kind of juvenile. It is a passing internet trend, just like Gangnam Style or the Harlem Shake, not something to center an entire music video around. The video really makes me question whether she is in this career for the passion and because she loves what she does, or for the shock value and notoriety. I really don't even think that I should get into what's appropriate and so on because no one should waste their watching this or listening to the song, but all in all the song references drugs and sex, and the music is sleazy, with various states of undress and indecent behavior. Sorry Miley, but if I could give this no stars I would.
Teen, 13 years old Written byI'mthedoctor July 16, 2013

Bad song

It's all about partying, taking drugs and other inappropriate messages.
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2013

We can't stoppppppppppp! How about no.

I don't like this song that much... Just saying. Its plain gross? have you seen the video? its nasty...
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2013

we want the old miley Cyrus back because this song is pure drugness

what happened to the miley Cyrus we all knew and loved? now shes acting all krunk and druck like p!nk anyway i like this song [ even though i am 10 ] but i would not recommend it for little kids because that stuff is not age appropriate and i hope miley changes too because my mom loves her.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycandygirl10003 June 13, 2013

Miley Cyrus is better off without Disney's artistic leadership!

I didn't expect Miley Cyrus to have a good comeback single, the song doesn't sound like anything on the radio today.
Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 June 7, 2013

Eh...

See, this could have been a better song without the gratuitous drug references, and the dragging vocals/lyrics...plus, it doesn't really sound like a good nightspot tune-maybe an emo-rock concert, but yeah...it just doesn't make you wanna get up and dance. It would be better as a song about something besides partying; it would be better as another song, but still possibly not a better song.
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2013

its not the best

i think that the song is all about parting and doing crazy things.
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagshyguy15 August 31, 2013

Don't Bother Listening

Boring, depressing and made by someone who went for what was on the other side - not the climb.
Kid, 9 years old August 3, 2013

Old Miley, where did you go?

I miss old Miley soo much :( That song and video is very bad... They smacking people's butts and she was on her bed being really sexy I couldn't even watch the whole thing. The teddy bears were funny though.
Teen, 14 years old Written by2013_teen July 20, 2013

Horrible Video.

After seeing this music video. It is definitely off for kids. In fact I had to kick my sister out of the room. She uses inappropriate language for children such as he// and says strip club. She shows way too many tattoos. And secretly refers to drugs like cocaine. She is showing off her body ( especially the rear end) inappropriately. I hate the fact that she sticks her tongue out so many times it looks messed up. In the party scene there is disgusting butt smacking and suggestive behavior. And way too much twerking. She tongue kisses a doll! She is a horrible influence to everyone. She took the Lindsay Lohan route and ended up like this. The song may seem catchy but once you see the video and listen carefully you will here the twisted parts
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

I WANT MILEY BACK

Oh my god Miley why she is not growing up
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashingepicness767 July 26, 2013

Shows a new Miley having fun!

I can't believe how Miley Cyrus has changed!! I used to love Hannah Montana a lot when I was 8. I was expecting the video to be family-friendly and fun like Party In The USA but then I saw....and I was like 'What did I just saw, no way that is so not the Miley I liked and loved' but at the same time the song & the video is freakin awesome!! It represents a grown up Miley Cyrus and how things change when you grow up. Fun song to dance to, gr8 for party!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlue Words July 24, 2013

"What did I just listen to?"

What an incredibly weird song. I'm serious. Miley's trying to be cool and grown-up, but we all know it isn't working. I heard on an interview of hers that she thinks that her song is inspirational. Inspiring teens to do what... do drugs? Disappointing. She talks about drug use... saying, "Everybody in the line in the bathroom / Try'na get a line in the bathroom" and "So la di da di / We like to party / Dancing with Molly [nickname for a drug]". She also says, "get some now" and "To my homegirls here with the big butts / Shaking it like we at a strip club". Oh, and she says "he**". Don't even bother. While it's catchy, it is NOT appropriate for kids under 13.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2013

Ugh

I hate this song, to be blunt. It is stupid, and gets stuck in your head. What happened Miley?
Teen, 15 years old Written bybscgirl August 2, 2013

We Can't Stop

i dont even know what to say about the song just please keep children away from it
Teen, 15 years old Written byminnie95 September 8, 2013

disapointed,angry,discusted!

oh boy... i'm so sad i looked up to her she was my role model along with emma watson etc i'm so disapointed i hate her so much now i can't imangine the younger miley fans i feel sorry for them what is she playing at? i get she wants to distance from disney but come on! i just hope the younger miley fans did't see her at the mtv awards...
Teen, 14 years old Written bywicked_njo July 27, 2014

the music video >_<

When the girl cut her fingers off in the vid i was like "bye"
Teen, 16 years old Written bywertj July 19, 2014

amazing song

we can't stop is an amazing song it sounds really good. not all children know what get some means also she sings molly but most children think that it is miley and tryin to get a line is not very obvious so don't worry about those things the thing that might be inappropriate is stripclub. the word butt is used on disney chanel. THE MOST IMPORTANT IT IS A REAL GOOD MODEL FOR EXAMPLE& REMEMBER ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE YA FORGET THE HATERS CUZ SB LOVES YA AND DONT TAKE NOTHING FROM NOBODY (IT MEANS DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY) THE SONG IS ALSO ABOUT INDEPENDENCE it s my mouth i can say what i want to etc.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2014

Lame track about some high chick who party's all the time.

Sucks
Teen, 13 years old Written by....0000 March 9, 2014

how about no

the video is just .... no