All teen and kid member reviews for "What Makes You Beautiful" (CD Single)

Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2012

It Rockz

This song so far is my second-best single of 2012. It's doing really well, I just love the song and it is just awesome. Nothing is bad with it, and it is positive and they are actually role models, so there it is.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKidquizine April 13, 2012

An Honest Review From a Directioner!! :)

This is a really beautiful song. I heard this song and then heard the whole album. Their music is really different from anything I have ever heard. I own their album and play it in front of my 5 year old sister. My friends and I like this song and are currently obessed with them. If you like this song check out their album.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN April 9, 2012

Finally, a boy band that actually has some talent!!

Thank God for One Direction! I was getting so sick of crappy boy bands. This sweet song shows promise of more great music to come from One Direction. There is nothing you wouldn't want your child to hear. This song is at the top of my playlist in my car. These young men are respectful and exemplify what good role models should be like. What Makes You Beautiful brings to surface all of the things that guys should like about girls instead of just sexual attraction/attributes, such as: "being the way you are is enough", "if only you saw what I can see...", and "the way you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell, you don't know you're beautiful".
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 April 3, 2012

Cute song

It's catchy and cute, it can get tiring, though. But it's still a sweet song :)
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2015

One direction, That's what makes you suck so hard

This song is for brain-dead tweenage and teenage girls, the singers singing is horrible, and it's overall dumb. Yours, Goatworlds.
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2013

Boy-band trash for insane and overly insecure tweens

I despise this song and this band with a passion. Basically, this band was created to make stupid, impressionable 12 year-old girls who don't even stop and think what the lyrics mean or even do some research to find out if they even ARE good-role models. For one, this line in this song bugs me "You don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful". The meaning behind that line is that they are saying you are hot enough to show of to thier friends, but too insecure to feel threatened about it. Basically, you are beautiful because your too stupid or damaged to ever leave him. Got it? And also, notice how in this song and in many of their other songs, they only use one pronoun, "you". Why is that? Because they want to make stupid tween girls who think being 10 pounds means they are fat think the singers are singing to them, or "you". And they don't say any specific details about "you", so the stupid listener can more fantasize that 1D is singing about them, or "you". And lastly, the fangirls. These people are INSANE! If you say you don't like 1D, they will try and hypnotize into liking them, and putting stupid cliches in your face, like "But they are so hawt!" and "They are so romantic" or, and this is my favorite, "You are just jealous!". And also, they told the daughter of Mitch Lucker, a member of Suicide Silence and died recently at the time, to kill herself. They told A LITTLE GIRL TO KILL HERSELF! That's awful! And they also said Mitch deserved to die! That's equally heinous! So, basically, this an RPS (Role-Playing Song) made by a bunch of singing and dancing puppets of the record company and every marketing team for every company and store for insecure, idiotic, and possibly mentally insane tween girls who are totally broken from reality. I think I'm done. And also, Directioners, if you say I'm wrong, and try to convince me that they are a good band, My opinion will NOT change AT ALL!
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2013

LOVE THIS SONG!!

I'm a directioner and I abosolutely LOVE this song!! It's puts out the message to just be yourself!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 May 13, 2013

beatles wannabes

one direction has no talent. they just wanna be the beatles. and they never will
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSKY42 March 15, 2013

beatles wannabes

one direction has no talent. they just want to be the beatles, and they never will.
Kid, 9 years old March 8, 2013

Positive message to girls, they will really enjoy the song!

This song is great for your 7 year olds and up. It delivers a positive message to girls that true beauty is on the inside, and just to be yourself. This band is really becoming a tween sensation! Not my favorite 1D song, but pretty good and girls my age seem to really LOVE it!
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2013

My Favorite Band!

To me,One Direction's "What makes you beautiful"shows you to be humble,and beauty is from every image,no matter what
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2013

I'm Sorry, but I HATE One Direction.

Okay, well, this song is great...for 5 year olds and teenage girls. Although I do support the theme and messege of the lyrics...I must admit, this band really sucks! Sadly, most people--I mean, most girls--like One Direction just because they're some cute British boy band. This song is actually very catchy, and DOES have a cute and nice messege, but that's pretty much it. I'm in 6th grade (and I'm a girl), and half of my class (myself included) has been singing this for the past several weeks, and the only reason we do it is to make fun of the whole song. I personally hate it, and One Direction, but it's just so hilarious when you're singing it with 15 other kids at school! By the way, try listening to "Live While We're Young", after listening to this. Just try it. -__-
Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2013

Awesome :D

Wahhhhh <3 Love them, love the song <3
Kid, 10 years old December 22, 2012

Annoying.

This song is annoying, i liked it at first but then it got sooo annoying. Some of their songs are annoying.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKit-Kat Girl December 20, 2012

Awesome Song! Love You, 1D!

I love this song, especially because I'm one of those girls with low self-esteem. And did I mention? I'm in love with One Direction, especially Louis! It's so hard not to fall in love with them once you see their floppy hair and sweet smiles. I'm sure any girl will understand what this song means and fall in love with the singers, so I recommend this to anyone!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybscgirl November 15, 2012

What Makes You Beautiful

Kid, 10 years old October 15, 2012

Awesome song!

My favorite song! It's appropriate. Just some talk about how this guy likes a girl. Nothing serious.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMaruko-chan-15 September 26, 2012

Not a fan but it's A-okay!!

Even though I'm not a fan of One Direction, the song, "What Makes You Beautiful" has a positive for girls out there to not belittle themselves or to call themselves ugly. Since most girls feel that way about themselves.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsabel13 September 2, 2012

Very good song

I love this song, you should listin to it if you can.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 August 17, 2012

Catchy song from OD

This song is really catchy, but I like it OK. But it has a positive message about being beautiful the way you are. This song is about love, but there are no sensual lyrics, making it okay for kids.