All member reviews for Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Teen, 16 years old Written byELECTROcuteyy April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Fresh sound helps make the CD amazing

However, their style of singing isn't exactly for all people; like my little brother thinks they sound in pain when singing. I personally find the style a nice break from all the stuffy-nosed, flat singing that some bands use. Also, you have to listen to "You Probably Couldn't See The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me". Awesome song.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygeorgia. September 7, 2011

love love love love love love love;

in love with arctic monkeys. best band in the world.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAllons-y May 29, 2012

Amazing

I rarely ever listen to music, but when I do it's the Arctic Monkeys! Every single song by them is perfect ( in my opinion ). This CD is definitely worth the money. Heck, I'm listening to it right now!
Teen, 14 years old Written byStoic-Demon August 5, 2014

Wonderful Band!

For parents who are concerned about this band, yes it does have mild language, but it's WAY more appropriate for teens. From what I heard on the radio (songs that are directly about sex and drugs) this is a much better for teens. I love this band, and it gives teens more of an edgy feeling rather than feeling they should have sex or do drugs in order to be "cool". I wouldn't suggest this to every young teen, maybe some teens who understand the lyrics more. From another viewpoint, 13 to 14 (mostly 14) year old teens are entering high school, so they are going to start exploring their mind and how they want to be seen in the real world. This band is way better than those bands (such as one-direction which targets young girls to make them feel like they should give into love at an early age) who target the younger crowd to get them focused on stupid things like drugs, drinking, smoking, and having sex. Watch what your kids are listening to. It may not seem like a big deal, but music is what we try to make ourselves to be. Has an even huge negative effect on younger teens who are still finding out who they are. This is a much better choice. Please, younger kids, do not give into the mainstream bands they have nowadays.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDogMediaLover June 22, 2014

AM

I'm doing a review for AM since they don't have it, not their first just FYI. Why review what others have reviewed so well? Though I love them both. So as I said yellow 12. A guy wishes to see a girl in a slip in "Arabella" and some lines contain very "wink wink" innuendo. There is no graphic descriptions or indications of sex however, so unless you're reading the lyrics, you probably won't catch the nuances. There is no language or violence, but in "One for the Road" and "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High" substance consumption is mentioned. If you can read titles however you should be able to work that out yourself. The only positive message is that it's great music, and he's a great role model for songwriters. Arctic Monkeys are alt-rock, so Consumerism is frowned upon. Great effort, great result, great album, great AM. I can't wait to see what they do next!
Teen, 15 years old Written bykxaly May 31, 2014

Favorite Band of All Time!

I love this band so freaking much! They have a great sound and great lyrics. Common Sense doesn't have a review for their newest album 'AM'. So I thought I could do a quick one if you are a parent looking for info on the more recent one:) Arctic Monkey's new album AM is an excellent alternative/indie rock album. Their songs have a catchy beats and great edgy lyrics. Though, they are more of a band for teens and up. AM doesn't have any swearing in it (or so I haven't heard). My favorite songs in AM are 'Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?', 'Knee Socks', and 'R U Mine?'. It all really is the parents decision on whether or not they could listen to this stuff. If they are 14 and over I would defiantly let them! 13 and under, I would just say to maybe listen to some of the songs and see if it's something worth considering. As I said this is one of their more appropriate albums. But if they are younger and allowed to listen to it they might get led to some of the other albums which are okay for 14 and up but inappropriate for 13 and under. In other albums there are swearing, mentions of sex, drinking, and smoking. I LOVE Arctic Monkeys and I defiantly give it 5 stars!